SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

So now you want the duckies and bunnies? Maybe he is just trying to head off unrealistic expectations that fans create. There are already people that think these recruits are automatically going to turn things around in a hurry. Sure a culture change will help immensely, but chances are it is going to take multiple recruiting classes that are successes to get us where we want to be. Call it cold water, but some fans need to tone down their expectations.

Just like how this class was only going to have only 15 commits and be a disaster? So when we exceed those expectations now and receive nearly 30 commits, we have to start a new form of pessimism? How ridiculous. If Mussman and his staff had one month to recruit, they'd be lucky to have 10 commits worth a d*mn.

The last part of Miller's article pisses me off. He states: "However, no amount of highlight videos and high school accolades and statistics released today can tell us if the Bubba era will be any stronger than the Mussman era in the long run."

Although I agree a recruiting class should only be judged a few years down the road, why make the statement that Bubba's era may be no better than Mussman's? If the Bubba era is no better, that implies we'll suffer 5 more years of losing. H*ll with that!!

First off, our OC and DC have head coaching and FCS experience, respectively. Next, we have considerable FCS/FBS experience with the position coaches of the staff. I like where this is headed. Of course, in all reality, the real evaluation will come this fall when the games are played, and we need to be patient considering the youth of the roster. W-L record should not be the indicator this season, but rather competitiveness and discipline.

• Upvote 4

Just like how this class was only going to have only 15 commits and be a disaster? So when we exceed those expectations now and receive nearly 30 commits, we have to start a new form of pessimism? How ridiculous. If Mussman and his staff had one month to recruit, they'd be lucky to have 10 commits worth a d*mn.

The last part of Miller's article pisses me off. He states: "However, no amount of highlight videos and high school accolades and statistics released today can tell us if the Bubba era will be any stronger than the Mussman era in the long run."

Although I agree a recruiting class should only be judged a few years down the road, why make the statement that Bubba's era may be no better than Mussman's? If the Bubba era is no better, that implies we'll suffer 5 more years of losing. H*ll with that!!

First off, our OC and DC have head coaching and FCS experience, respectively. Next, we have considerable FCS/FBS experience with the position coaches of the staff. I like where this is headed. Of course, in all reality, the real evaluation will come this fall when the games are played, and we need to be patient considering the youth of the roster. W-L record should not be the indicator this season, but rather competitiveness and discipline.

This I agree with.

Couple other notes. Offerree Brandon Hines is going to a prep school to raise his stock, offerree Matt Seitz is going to wait to sign until a little bit after signing day to see if any new options open up, offerree Aubrey Johnson is re-taking the ACT hoping to qualify but will go JUCO if he doesn't. Also, i knew of these a while ago, but old offerees who committed D2 are Matt Juneau (Duluth) and Blake Emsick (Upper Iowa). I'm pretty sure we pulled offer to Emsick, but not sure about Juneau.

And I am not saying he is wrong. It was arguably the biggest problem with the Mussman regime. But he is telling us something that most of us already know. And the closing comments at the end of the article sounded a little like "Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss". I think Bubba deserves a little more of a honeymoon period than 1+ month. Like I said before, National Signing Day is a Cheerleaders Day for FB programs all across America and it should be used to pump up the excitement and hope for the future in the fan base. And this fan base needs some serious pumping up right now.

jmho but I tend to agree with.you. the class looks good taking into account that we all saw a big departure at the end of last year and didn't know what to expect from this class. I am exited at the numbers and the quality it sure could have been worse?

• Upvote 1

Tank (Jonathan Harris) is in.

Earned Prairie State All-Conference honors as a senior and all-city honors as a junior … Had seven tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks as a senior defensive tackle and 35 pancake blocks as an offensive tackle ... Honor roll student … Son of Johnny Lomax and Mumtaz Harris.

To those who disparaged the kid after his original commitment tweet......

Couple other notes. Offerree Brandon Hines is going to a prep school to raise his stock, offerree Matt Seitz is going to wait to sign until a little bit after signing day to see if any new options open up, offerree Aubrey Johnson is re-taking the ACT hoping to qualify but will go JUCO if he doesn't. Also, i knew of these a while ago, but old offerees who committed D2 are Matt Juneau (Duluth) and Blake Emsick (Upper Iowa). I'm pretty sure we pulled offer to Emsick, but not sure about Juneau.

They did not continue to recruit Hines, Seitz, Emsick or Juneau.

Appears we are waiting on NLI's from Simmons, Kellum, Hartley & Walton...

PWO's have not been announced yet either. Is Dylan Beck a scholarship player or PWO?

I'm assuming Hartley's is in as they all signed together at school. Assuming Kellum's hold up may be getting to school with the weather in that area.

Am I missing something with Mitch Meindel? Someone asked about the kicker competition on the chat but I was under the assumption that Mitch would be handling both kicking mad punting duties. Am I wrong?

Reid should come in and be the kicker from day one with Mitch punting. I am guessing they just want competition which I like that they have that option. Competition only makes the current guys better.

Reid should come in and be the kicker from day one with Mitch punting. I am guessing they just want competition which I like that they have that option. Competition only makes the current guys better.

I agree, just odd to see with a kicker and punter. They are both walk ons for competition though I believe so no wasted scholarships

Appears we are waiting on NLI's from Simmons, Kellum, Hartley & Walton...

PWO's have not been announced yet either. Is Dylan Beck a scholarship player or PWO?

I also find it a bit confusing (hopefully not concerning) that these four signings have not been received/reported?

I also find it a bit confusing (hopefully not concerning) that these four signings have not been received/reported?

Yeah, I saw a pic on twitter that Hartley signed at the same time as Harris at Morgan Park, curious why Hartley's hasn't been announced.

Simmons shouldn't be having weather issues in Mesa. Hopefully they are all signed & announced soon.

From what I see we had 5 recruits that had offers from FBS schools. (Simmons, Walker, Taylor, Greeley, and Carter) We had 3 other recruits that had PWO offers from FBS schools. That is a total 8 kids. If anyone sees any more let us know. Impressive. In fact that is more than impressive. Way to go. Fantastic considering the late start.

From what I see we had 5 recruits that had offers from FBS schools. (Simmons, Walker, Taylor, Greeley, and Carter) We had 3 other recruits that had PWO offers from FBS schools. That is a total 8 kids. If anyone sees any more let us know. Impressive. In fact that is more than impressive. Way to go. Fantastic considering the late start.

Studsrud had an offer from South Alabama, from the SUn Belt.

Yeah, I saw a pic on twitter that Hartley signed at the same time as Harris at Morgan Park, curious why Hartley's hasn't been announced.

Simmons shouldn't be having weather issues in Mesa. Hopefully they are all signed & announced soon.

Hartley has signed with wayne state it looks like

https://twitter.com/TH10_ERA

After looking more closely it was just a verbal not confirmed he signed