SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

so the tl;dr on ezra, as best i can synthesize from the respective NDSU and UND troll's positions, is that NDSU wouldn't offer a full so they've gone their separate ways? Down to UND's full vs an unknown partial from UNI? UNI sucks so I like the odds here.

Who said UNI was a partial?

Also, I will note, some people take this stuff way too seriously. I really don't care who broke off the NDSU-Ezra relationship. If he goes to UND I'm happy either way as he appears to be a heck of a football player.

Personally, if a kid with a dozen offers or no offers ends up at UND, he's got my full support (even if he drives me nuts like old #17). If he picks another school, such as NDSU, I wish the kid well. Why is there the need to argue over who got who and why? These are 18 year old kids who are making one of the biggest decisions of their lives.

And please take the "thug" noise elsewhere. I hate this thread getting cluttered up with that crap.

• Upvote 4

One other thing - some pretty good kids coming for a visit this weekend it seems. If we can land a handful of them, it will be a very good weekend :)

Got em coach - any word on whether UND has any additional interest in Brian Walker or Damaris Woods?

I hope this thread stays on topic, I thought we verballed a lot of recruits when I had a bunch of pages to read, turns out most was dribble. Anyways, looks like Bubba is going for lineman, 6 commits already are OL/DL or play both positions. I am glad he is, we need a pass rush, and after what Zenner did to us, we need some run stoppers too. I hope we see more recruits choosing UND.

Also, I will note, some people take this stuff way too seriously. I really don't care who broke off the NDSU-Ezra relationship. If he goes to UND I'm happy either way as he appears to be a heck of a football player.

Personally, if a kid with a dozen offers or no offers ends up at UND, he's got my full support (even if he drives me nuts like old #17). If he picks another school, such as NDSU, I wish the kid well. Why is there the need to argue over who got who and why? These are 18 year old kids who are making one of the biggest decisions of their lives.

And please take the "thug" noise elsewhere. I hate this thread getting cluttered up with that crap.

Well said.

While I agree with what you said that we probably take it a bit too serious, there is also no reason to lie about how a situation went down. Burgundy, and then Sam completely made up their story about how ES handled it. I don't know if they are insecure about losing him or what.

The truth is that NDSU visited him on Monday night, not last night (Wednesday) as they claim. He called them last night to tell them he is not coming there.

Cieslak is closer to 265. He did not receive offer from SU. As far as position he's only 17 so he has room to grow yet. He has athleticism to also potentially line up at TE or Hback according to coaches

He was receiving interest from NDSU, though I'm not sure if he was getting any money. NDSU's recruiting guru was speculating on him before he found out he had committed to UND. Not sure what UND offered him either, if anything at all.

He was receiving interest from NDSU, though I'm not sure if he was getting any money. NDSU's recruiting guru was speculating on him before he found out he had committed to UND. Not sure what UND offered him either, if anything at all.

A grinder from the Red Pepper. ;)

I will proceed to tell the truth: NDSU did not offer him. Visited with him many times but never offered. I believe UND offered a partial and got him.

• Upvote 1

One other thing - some pretty good kids coming for a visit this weekend it seems. If we can land a handful of them, it will be a very good weekend :)

Got em coach - any word on whether UND has any additional interest in Brian Walker or Damaris Woods?

Hambone, any other names you have heard on who is coming in this weekend? I believe Josh Parks and Cedric Simmons have been mentioned.

I will proceed to tell the truth: NDSU did not offer him. Visited with him many times but never offered. I believe UND offered a partial.

Thanks for the clarification, I know that they had interest but don't know exactly where they were at. Assumed it would have been a PWO at best.

Hambone, any other names you have heard on who is coming in this weekend? I believe Josh Parks and Cedric Simmons have been mentioned.

I'm not sure if Josh Parks will be in or not. A couple kids that we thought were here on previous weekends may not have been and I think they will be here this weekend (Kellum, Cieslak). Probably best if the SFI guys fill in the rest, as they have better confirmation than I do.

I believe it is more likely than not that Kocour goes Big 10. If not, I've heard NDSU and Illinois State are the FCS potential landing spots. But you never know.

5oea29.png

Looks like Mr. Kocour will be walking on to Minnesota

He's a darn good safety prospect so it's too bad he won't be in green. With that said, I think the future is fairly bright at the safety spot with Baylee Carr, Javen Butler, Cole Reyes and Coach Bubba coaching em' up!!

According to Rivals, Josh Parks will be in this weekend.

http://rivals.yahoo....sh-Parks-151154

If both Cedric Simmons and Josh Parks commit after this weekend, that would go along way in solidifying our backfield for future years! Both are average body guys (~190 lbs.) with good speed!

I've heard rivals may not be completely accurate in this case. But he might still be in.

word on street is UND is at Brother Rice today!!!! BINGO!!
  • Upvote 1

For what is it worth. Its been pretty amusing to watch some of the speculation on Ezra from my point of view. It seems his recruitment has become the first battleground in winning back the state of Minnesota with regards to football recruiting for UND. As I understand it sounds like UND gave up recruiting Minny hard during Muss' tenure, leaving only really NDSU to recruit Minny, with the occasional Minnesota recruit going to UNI. Sounds like NDSU has taken advantage of this by offering lots of Minnesota kids(especially small school kids) partials or PWOs over the last several years and than developing those kids into great players. Ezra seems to fit this mold. However, now that Coach Schweigert and company have obviously re-committed to recruiting the state of Minnesota and the rest of the Upper Midwest this is going to be the first of many battles for years to come. NDSU may not be able to get the talented MInny recruit at a discounted price for much longer. As far as Ezra goes I know he really liked what he saw at NDSU but felt strongly about visiting UND as he has been really impressed with how Bubba has recruited him. NDSU was not pleased about the visit to UND but eventually relented. Ezra was impressed with every aspect of the visit especially considering how knew the staff is. Speculating I think Ezra was put off by NDSU and how they reacted to him wanting to take a visit to UND. Not speculating Ezra walked away from NDSU not the other way around and NDSU was a bit shocked and none to happy about it. Think it has less to do with money and friendship as some have speculated and more to do with how each school has recruited Ezra. UND has been on at least 5 visits to his home including 2 from Bubba and UNI has been there like 6 times often bring both the recruiter for Minny and Byrce Paup. I believe UNI is actually offering a full ride and see Ezra as a top target. I think NDSU thought they could get Ezra on the cheap like they have with many small school kids in the upper Midwest. They figured since they were in fact the first to offer a scholly, along with their tradition, and their recent success he would remain loyal to them. Seems like the UND and UNI staff see him as a top target and what 18 year old kid would not want to be treated as such. I know he is really conflicted about the decision that remains btw UND and UNI, thus the reason for no decision.

• Upvote 1