SiouxSports.com Forum

REA Tour

darell1976

I, along with my dad and my boys took the REA tour, and it was awesome. Has other people taken the tour? The tour guide mentioned we couldn't tour the locker room or the weight room because of an incident that happened? Did I miss something that happened at the REA? My dad thinks it was vandalized but I don't recall hearing about it.

I was unsure where to post this so mods can move this as they see fit.

I, along with my dad and my boys took the REA tour, and it was awesome. Has other people taken the tour? The tour guide mentioned we couldn't tour the locker room or the weight room because of an incident that happened? Did I miss something that happened at the REA? My dad thinks it was vandalized but I don't recall hearing about it.

I was unsure where to post this so mods can move this as they see fit.

I took the tour as well and they didn't let us tour the locker room because some clown/buffoon stole something from the Men's lockerroom.

I took the tour as well and they didn't let us tour the locker room because some clown/buffoon stole something from the Men's lockerroom.

That was the only down part of the tour. It was interesting to know you can rent the Ralph Engelstad suite for 3200 bucks a night (of course food is extra).

My family and I toured it when my daughter was captain of the women's game. We seen every locker room except the one the Sioux were in and the locker the opponent was in. We seen the mens locker rooms and the weight room. Was really cool, I have pictures from it, was suppose to be awesome for my daughter, and I was the kid in the candy store!

Took the tour of the Betty and Ralph this past spring saw the press box, locker rooms, training rooms, weight room, and everything else we wanted too see, although it was kind of weird as they were setting up for the circus. There were some former players working out in the weight room at the time and we just stopped in quick and check out things, also saw they were redoing the cold/hot tubs in the Sioux locker room and that is when I learned the team moves out of the main locker room after every season and doesn't get to move back in until they have officially made the roster for the next year at least according to the tour guide.

Took the tour the first year the facility was open. The team had just lost the Friday night game against Anchorage, and was going through their Saturday morning skatewhen my dad and I got to see the glitz and glamour.

We didn't get to see the men's locker room because according to the tour guide "a beloved head coach was not in a good enough mood to be around the tour takers....." :lol:

PS: A couple of years later when I was working at UND campus postal, I had a delivery for the equipment guy and begged and pleaded for a look. Fifteen seconds of glory!!!!!! ;)

Our tour included the club room where the organ was (damn that thing was huge), the Ralph Engelstad Suite, the Olympic ice rink, then a tour of the Betty. When the tour was over there was a guy shooting free throws...All I kept thinking was you guys better practice hard on those you are now in the BSC. My dad wants to take the tour again and this time bring his camara (I took a few pics with my cell phone).

My former job at UND included interesting opportunities like providing campus tours for alumni (on a bus...with a microphone). I got to tag along for their tour of the Ralph and we were able to check out all of the locker rooms. As we went through the shower area, there were, ahem, athletic supporters hanging from hooks. The highlight of the tour for me: seeing 80+ year old women giggling like schoolgirls over seeing jockstraps! :lol: