SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Womens World Championships

farce poobah

Watched the game on-demand. You can watch here: http://watch.tsn.ca/2012-iihf-world-championships-on-demand/womens-worlds-preliminary-round---canada-vs-usa/#clip653483

Great game by USA, they just kept throwing the puck on net and it was an impressive showing. The first 10 minutes of the game are a complete Gong Show. USA looked faster and a lot more cohesive. Canada's coach was not impressed after the fourth goal and it never really got any better for them. Stats don't really lie, though. Canada had a decent showing in the second, but the damage was already done.

If/when this team meets again, I'm sure it will be different.

Watched the game on-demand. You can watch here: http://watch.tsn.ca/...usa/#clip653483

Great game by USA, they just kept throwing the puck on net and it was an impressive showing. The first 10 minutes of the game are a complete Gong Show. USA looked faster and a lot more cohesive. Canada's coach was not impressed after the fourth goal and it never really got any better for them. Stats don't really lie, though. Canada had a decent showing in the second, but the damage was already done.

If/when this team meets again, I'm sure it will be different.

Cool looking barn and a great crowd. Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations to Monique Lamoureux-Kolls for the "Ulmer" against Canada.

What's an "Ulmer"?

It's a scoring feat named for Jason Ulmer after a WCHA first-round playoff game on Sunday, March 12, 2000. Jason put up three goals and three assists in a 9-4 UND win over DU.

And I stupidly gave up that game to watch the UND Women's Basketball team lose the North Central Regional Tournament Championship to the NDSU Bison at the Bison Sports Arena. ??? I still regret that decision. But on the bright side, I watched us win the Final Five at the Target Center and the NCAA West Regional game vs. Niagara in Mariucci. So it all balances out.

Great Memories. :)

I was at the "Ulmer" game. That's the game I came off of DU goalie Stephen Wagner's Christmas card list. ;)

There were under 4000 at old REA that night so it was pretty easy to be heard. I kept reminding Wagner that "Pettinger was the smart one!" throughout the game. Wagner heard me and "gestured" my way at one point.

(Matt Pettinger had left DU at mid-season to play for Calgary in the WHL.)