SiouxSports.com Forum

Tournament predictions / fill out your bracket

jimdahl

Sadly, I seem to have misplaced the 2010 results and don't see a final tally in the forum thread (we must all have been too depressed), but here are the performance/bracket scoring winners since the game's inception:

2011 tho0505

2009 Big A HG

2008 willtippen

2007 seanpc03

2006 teamsioux

2005 mynameiscuomo

2004 paul62/BigGreyAnt41/brew003/UP2SKI

An honorable mention goes to luapsided who was often near the top, but never took it all (too many picks for UND to win it all? :) )

Well this is the Final Four week and I just thought I would add my predictions and see if anyone else would perhaps guess who they think will come away Champion this weekend.

BC v UM I am going with BC on this one. They know how to get it done when they get to this point.

Union v Ferris I am going with Union in a very close game. Perhaps OT

Championship Game BC v Union

As much as I hate it, BC will be champ once again but would welcome anyone other than Minnesota to win it.

4 people picked a B.C. vs Ferris St. final. Of those, mj3und pulls into the lead by having had 3 of the Frozen Four correct (only miss was guessing UND instead of Minnesota would be B.C.'s victim).

While the performance scoring (getting the finals right) is the one that counts, I should also mention OLE YOULKININ's astounding record -- a perfect first round, 8 for 8; and a single miss in the second round 3 for 4 (also missing UND vs Minnesota).

Since no one picked Ferris St to win it all, this year's winner is: mj3und

I forgot to fill out my bracket (I would have lost bigtime anyways) but...

Anyone else surprised at how poorly Miami played in the NCAAs? I maintain Miami peaked last year and now starts the decline as both Knapp and Reichard graduated. Or how well Ferris State played? I gave Union absolutely no respect but they proved me wrong this year. We'll see about next year.

It's still hard for me to respect the EZAC due to their soft schedules, late start times, and a few organizations (Dartmoth's handling of the UND series and everything about Shafer, his attitude, and how Cornell plays the game).

Jim, I'm curious how you came up with the rankings in the cases where there were tie scores? In the 1 point per round side, there are 7 people who all had 11 points, yet Ole came out number 1.

BTW, thanks for all the work you did on this, adds an extra little touch to UND hockey.

Jim, I'm curious how you came up with the rankings in the cases where there were tie scores? In the 1 point per round side, there are 7 people who all had 11 points, yet Ole came out number 1.

BTW, thanks for all the work you did on this, adds an extra little touch to UND hockey.

You should consider those all tied for 1st, and I should update the display of the table next year to reflect that. In years that we've had prizes, we've made it clear that they would be resolved by random draw if there was a tie, but it's frankly never happened because the Sioux haven't won in the 10 years or so we've had the game going.