SiouxSports.com Forum

Who should we play now for the Nickel Trophy?

elmduf

Now that the Thundering Herd are gone from D-II football forever, they don't deserve to play for the Nickel Trophy. But who else can we play in Division II? Let's have a poll!  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the Thundering Herd are gone from D-II football forever, they don't deserve to play for the Nickel Trophy. But who else can we play in Division II? Let's have a poll!

• Harding University Bisons, Gulf South Conference
    • West Texas A+M Buffalos, Lone Star Conference
    • University of Manitoba Bison, with those goofy Canadian rules
    • Let\'s just keep the Nickel Trophy and taunt NDSU for a while!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember.... the SUCK has the contract to sign. Grow some nads and sign it..... ;)

Sorry... we actually have something to play for in the next five years, unlike some schools. Come back in 2009, and maybe we'll give you the time of day. Of course, we might just tell you to f**k off too... who knows? ???:D

If it were up to me I would sign, but I obviously don't have any authority. I am also pretty sure I am in the minority, especially considering what happened to UNA and homefield. (poor schedule)

If it were up to me, the entire NCC would have gone D1(AA) when Montana and Montana State moved up. But until UND and NDSU play at the same division, it's tough to argue for continuing the series.

Just remember.... the SUCK has the contract to sign. Grow some nads and sign it..... ???

YEAH - and I have pain-in-the-*ss telemarketers calling me everynight with a "contract" to sign (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! WE NEED THE BUSINESS) After the way the playoffs turned out this year, why the hell would we sign to play you...it would only cost us and give you some "moral support" for stacking the deck with 2x the scholarships...we'd still kick your butt - especially since Tony "BUTTER BALL" Stauss will be back...Maybe you should pay us and c'mon back up here since you're so DESPERATE for games next year. Heck - you'll be traveling all year anyway....

You're still talking about using the nickel?

It's obviously not an option no matter how much you hate NDSU. It's half ours.

Perhaps if you pay for it we'll let you have it.

Perhaps you should have earned it when you had the chance.

Hell... if you want us to pay for it, I'll gladly donate the 2 1/2 cents...

You are so correct. I won your mom's heart and she hasn't made me pay since! ???

That was good. ;)

Anyways to stay on topic...kinda. Isn't it fun to watch the Bison beg for scraps at our table like little puppies...."please play us, no one else will, we really need a big game on our schedule...or any game for that matter."

Now its, "we own half the nickel, you have to pay us!" Grrr.Bark.Woof. Bad Dog!

Just a tip for you. When you win something that means you don't have to buy it. You won it. It is yours. Understand?

Thanks for the info.

However, you need to define what it is that you're winning.

When you win the Nickel Trophy, you earn the right to display it at your school merely as a symbol of your victory of the game.

You haven't won legal ownership of the nickel, however.

We legally own half and have a right to that half.

Furthermore, if you want to buy our half from us, i'm sure we'd gladly sell it to you...for the right price. How does $100,000,000 sound?

Just enough to build a Ralph Englestad-esque Arena for our Basketball and Vollyball programs.

Thanks for the info.

However, you need to define what it is that you're winning.

When you win the Nickel Trophy, you earn the right to display it at your school merely as a symbol of your victory of the game.

You haven't won legal ownership of the nickel, however.

We legally own half and have a right to that half.

Furthermore, if you want to buy our half from us, i'm sure we'd gladly sell it to you...for the right price. How does $100,000,000 sound?

You are truly a disturbed and resentful bison fan. You should be a Sioux fan... life is good.

Besides, whatever would you do with all that money... build a hockey arena?

Just enough to build a Ralph Englestad-esque Arena for our Basketball and Vollyball programs.

Hey, how about $1.95, that would be about one buck more than any SU alum has sent back to the school.