SiouxSports.com Forum

Who should we play now for the Nickel Trophy?

elmduf

Now that the Thundering Herd are gone from D-II football forever, they don't deserve to play for the Nickel Trophy. But who else can we play in Division II? Let's have a poll!  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the Thundering Herd are gone from D-II football forever, they don't deserve to play for the Nickel Trophy. But who else can we play in Division II? Let's have a poll!

• Harding University Bisons, Gulf South Conference
    • West Texas A+M Buffalos, Lone Star Conference
    • University of Manitoba Bison, with those goofy Canadian rules
    • Let\'s just keep the Nickel Trophy and taunt NDSU for a while!

Wah..Wah...Wah...I think this is an appropriate time to repeat one of my previous posts...sorry for the redundancy

This is for all you childish bison fans, finally something you can relate to!

This little piggy went to the playoffs :p (insert sioux logo)

This little piggy stayed home :D (insert bison logo)

This little piggy had a nickel :(

This little piggy had none ???

And this little piggy cried wee wee wee...while sitting at home ;)

Enjoy your offseason kids!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we call NDSU the Bison please?

The only real "Thundering Herd" in football is from a school called Marshall.

That's a game I'd love to see. Thundering Herd versus the Faux Thundering Herd.

Seriously though, one of the best parts of the rivalry was that it was always a good game regardless of records. I would say you can continue the rivalry as long as the team that gets put in place is going to be able to compete. Non of those mentioned seem to be very good teams at all. A rivalry between us and someone who isn't going to probably win the trophy is about as realistic as making a trophy rivarly between UNA and the Crimson Tide. ???

I say that we should just keep it and taunt them because they are sore losers who don't know how to take a loss. It's just like UNA, they are complaining about the fans in the student sectionand NDSU complains about the Alerus Center and how the Nickel is theirs....WELL I think not!!!!!! Sioux all the way!!!!! NDSU should be in D-III football not D-II AA ???;):D

You are the ones putting stipulations on this whole thing. It is then natural for you to be the one who is paying for the shipping of the nickel. You can't make demands and then expect us to fulfill them at our own expense. If they are so important, pay for them yourself.

We don't want it back, we simply won't allow you to do anything we deem unacceptable with our half of the nickel. If you get tired of that game, then *you* can mail us our half back.

All of a sudden you call the shots? Are you a lawyer? I highly doubt it. UND can do whatever they want to with the trophy. It is a traveling trophy that is awarded to the winner of the UND-NDSU game. Until that game is played again, if ever, the trophy is UND's property and can be used for whatever they please.

Quit worrying about the trophies and worry about

1) who you are going to play next year

2) football revenue (can't make money without any home games)

3) A CONFERENCE.....oh yeah, forgot about that one huh?

Please do whatever you wish with the nickel. Just don't don't do anything with our half that we don't approve of.

Diggler - we aren't making demands. We don't want our half of the nickel back. We are only going to stop UND from doing pretty much anything with our half of the nickel. So, should a time comes that you want to seperate the halfs, then you can mail it back to us. That's only if *you* want to seperate the halfs.

Demand: (noun) an act of demanding or asking especially with authority b : something claimed as due

(verb) call for with authority : claim as due or just

If we do anything with the nickel, we have to pay you. If we don't do anything with the nickel, we have to send you your half. I know this may come as a suprise to you, but what you are saying is commonly known as a demand.

Obviously, I did this poll as a joke. Kind of poking fun at NDSU and seeing what kind of loyalty we have to that rivalry. (Although I do like the backfield in motion rule in CFL football!)

I am pleased to see so many people choose the "taunt" option. That shows me that we do need to keep this rivalry. Only, we need a level playing field, so for now UND won't sign a contract. Someday we'll move up to NDSU's level and continue trouncing them again. ???

Demand:  (noun) an act of demanding or asking especially with authority b : something claimed as due

(verb) call for with authority : claim as due or just

If we do anything with the nickel, we have to pay you.  If we don't do anything with the nickel, we have to send you your half.  I know this may come as a suprise to you, but what you are saying is commonly known as a demand.

Thanks for the definition, you seem to be a living dictionary.

NDSU's demands:

- Since we legally own half the nickel, UND can't do anything with our half that we don't approve of.

That is the only demand we have. However, if UND feels the need, here are 2 options that they can choose to follow

- seperate the nickel halfs and mail us our half

- pay NDSU for our half

UND doesn't have to do these if they don't want to. Just keep in mind our one demand.

Well at least you are finally admitting that you are making a demand. We won't do anything with your half, so you don't have to worry about it. Still the point stands that if you want your half back, you should pay for it to be shipped. Even then it is dubious that we should be required to send you your half. As per the agreement between the schools, the winner of the Sioux-Bison FB game gets the trophy. UND won the game. It's a good thing this isn't a court case or it would have been thrown out before you even managed getting into the courthouse.

So now you speak for NDSU .... 
This whole scenario is hypothetical.

We won't do anything with your half, so you don't have to worry about it.

That's good to know.

Still the point stands that if you want your half back, you should pay for it to be shipped.
This will be the 3rd time that i've said this: we don't want it back. However, if we did want it back, then i agree we should pay for shipping.

Even then it is dubious that we should be required to send you your half.

So if someone is in wrongful possesion of anything, they should never be required to pay for any of the shipping?

As per the agreement between the schools, the winner of the Sioux-Bison FB game gets the trophy. UND won the game.
Yes you did win. You won the right to display the trophy at your school until the next game is played. You didn't win 100% legal ownership.

It's a good thing this isn't a court case or it would have been thrown out before you even managed getting into the courthouse.

Thanks for the legal advice. Not only are you a dictionary, but also a legal advisor.

Who do you think you are? You can't throw demands out like you have authority. The only authority you have is to tell the Pepsi Man where to set the shipment at Hornbacher's.

We own the nickel, we made it, we won it, whatcha gonna do?

This scenario has all been hypothetical. I hope you're not threatening me personally because we were arguing a hypothetical scenario.