SiouxSports.com Forum

Who should we play now for the Nickel Trophy?

elmduf

Now that the Thundering Herd are gone from D-II football forever, they don't deserve to play for the Nickel Trophy. But who else can we play in Division II? Let's have a poll!  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the Thundering Herd are gone from D-II football forever, they don't deserve to play for the Nickel Trophy. But who else can we play in Division II? Let's have a poll!

• Harding University Bisons, Gulf South Conference
    • West Texas A+M Buffalos, Lone Star Conference
    • University of Manitoba Bison, with those goofy Canadian rules
    • Let\'s just keep the Nickel Trophy and taunt NDSU for a while!

bison 123456789ZERO......what is your name??? you forgot one key element to having the NICKEL trophy.......you have to earn it.....win it!!!!!! EARN IT!!!!!!!....helllllooooooooooo.......you lost again......that nickel will be where it has been the last one million times that the BISON have tried to come and get it....figure it out!!!!!!! if the BISON would have won the game.....a very big IF....you could do whatever you wanted with it...but you didnt...so go cry on the bisonville.com board about how great you guys were this year and how you beat Montana......but didnt make it to the playoffs.......cuz THE SIOUX FANS DONT WANNA HEAR IT!!!!!!!!!!! as Eric Schmidt would say....here comes another NATTY......GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you did win. You won the right to display the trophy at your school until the next game is played. You didn't win 100% legal ownership.

Well ring-a-ding-ding, you're right. So we don't have to pay you for half of the trophy. We'll just hold onto it until UND-NDSU play again.

75 pounds, I believe.

Bingo!

The Nickel Trophy, 2,500 times larger than a regular five-cent piece and weighing 75 pounds, was inaugurated in 1938 and is presented each fall to the winner of the North Dakota/North Dakota State football contest. Two inches thick and 22 inches in diameter, it is an exact replica of the once-minted U.S. coin. It has been the object of many intercampus raids, recoveries, and more thefts.

I'm not talking about winning it.

I'm talking about buying it.

That's not what major colleges do dumbass. Since you guys are the big d1aa you should know that. You play for it on the field. SInce UND beat the bissssssson this year we own it. And since we have defeated you more times than you have defeated us that makes it even more ours. LOLOOLLOOLOLOL. That is too good! "we payed for half of it." WTF! oh man stop! I'm dying here of laughter!

That's not what major colleges do dumbass. Since you guys are the big d1aa you should know that. You play for it on the field. SInce UND beat the bissssssson this year we own it. And since we have defeated you more times than you have defeated us that makes it even more ours. LOLOOLLOOLOLOL. That is too good! "we payed for half of it." WTF! oh man stop! I'm dying here of laughter!

Actually, we legally own 50% of it. However, NDSU has no problem with UND displaying it there until the next game is played as per the agreement.

First of all, you don't have to be young to work at Hornbachers... and even if you are young, I don't see how that is relevant to this discussion.

Dave,

First of all, settle down. If someone can't take someone else poking fun then don't come on here. It was a simple joke and I am sorry you are not old enough to realize that. I never meant any harm. SO quit playing Dad and stick to sports.

Bison1234,

How do you figure you legally own it?? Do you have a title to it? No one person owns it, unless you count the UND alum that donated it. If anything he probably wouldn't have any problems with UND holding on to it.