SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo Forum - Lennon is responsible for everything

CoteauRinkRat

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=45330

The article doesn't let any secrets out when he says that Dale Lennon is a good coach, but it doesn't give much credit to the players at UND.

Coaching can do only so much and the players must play the game on the field.

Kolpack hates the Sioux so he never passes up a chance to get his digs in on them.

Written by a goofball named Kolpack.

There are whispers that the Sioux are doing some behind-the-scenes work on the Division I decision. If that is indeed true, they better let Lennon in on their plans or they could be looking for a head coach.

:huh:

IF this is a fact, does Kolpack really think that Lennon would not know about it?

Like Pat said, more advice from Fargo? Unreal. :D

Nothing like insulting the Sioux players the day before the game. Maybe he didn't think that the Sioux were getting motivated enough on their own and he was helping out the coaches.

Jeff Kolpack said:

Lennon is a former Sioux player. Loyalty can only go so far. He has shown he has the ability to coach at a higher level and if the opportunity is there, he should take it.

Kolpack is practically begging Lennon to move on. Shouldn't he have been saying something similar about Amy Ruley or Bucky Maughn about 10 years ago? Somehow, I doubt he was pushing them out the door.

Interesting to write a column about someone and then neither quote that person or even hint that you talked to him for your column. This leads me to believe that either Kolpack is incredibly lazy or this column is a product of wishful thinking. (Whispers??? Good god!) In either event, it's pretty pathetic journalism.

Interesting to write a column about someone and then neither quote that person or even hint that you talked to him for your column. This leads me to believe that either Kolpack is incredibly lazy or this column is a product of wishful thinking. (Whispers??? Good god!) In either event, it's pretty pathetic journalism.

I think it's called a comentary. It's simply opinion.

Maybe Kolpack wasn't so far off anyway. What is UND prepared to do if Lennon leaves?

What is UND prepared to do if Lennon leaves?

I'm going to go out on an edge here and say if Dale were to leave ....

UND would take the bold and unexpected action of ....

hiring a new head football coach. :D

Now, let's ask the corresponding question: What is NDSU prepared to do if Bohl leaves (say to rejoin Solich somewhere)?

See how silly it is to speculate?

I still say if Lennon and the Sioux win of Sat. he is a huge flight risk.

I don't think anybody is trying to say that Lennon will never, ever leave. If he were to be offered a head coaching job at a decent I-AA program with a substantial pay raise, then I doubt anybody would harbor any bitterness towards him. I would be somewhat disappointed if he left to take on a reclamation project at a losing program without much if any of a pay raise, however. He has one of the best jobs in division II right now in his home state at his alma mater. I doubt he'll be looking to just take any I-AA job just for the sake of taking a I-AA job. Look at Brian Kelly at Grand Valley, for example. He could have left already, but he's apparently waiting for the right situation if he is going to leave. That's kind of how I see Lennon's situation.

And even if Lennon does leave, a scenario that would call for a pretty lucrative offer IMO, then the guy that would more than likely be the front-runner is the more than qualified, Bubba Schweigert. It amazes me he hasn't got a head job yet, although he was a finalist at I believe UMD 5 or so years ago.

I don't think anybody is trying to say that Lennon will never, ever leave. If he were to be offered a head coaching job at a decent I-AA program with a substantial pay raise, then I doubt anybody would harbor any bitterness towards him. I would be somewhat disappointed if he left to take on a reclamation project at a losing program without much if any of a pay raise, however. He has one of the best jobs in division II right now in his home state at his alma mater. I doubt he'll be looking to just take any I-AA job just for the sake of taking a I-AA job. Look at Brian Kelly at Grand Valley, for example. He could have left already, but he's apparently waiting for the right situation if he is going to leave. That's kind of how I see Lennon's situation.

I've heard that Kelly was very close to getting the Montana job last year. I can't remember the specifics, but I think it was almost a tossup between him and Hauck. Lennon seems like a class act and should be high on any AD's list looking for a new coach. It's certainly a testament to him and the program.

And even if Lennon does leave, a scenario that would call for a pretty lucrative offer IMO, then the guy that would more than likely be the front-runner is the more than qualified, Bubba Schweigert. It amazes me he hasn't got a head job yet, although he was a finalist at I believe UMD 5 or so years ago.

Mussman is deserving as well i'm sure.

Bubba is a great coach and even a greater guy but the reason that he hasn't gotten a head job yet may be that he isn't as polished as some ADs might like. He is truly a small-town, down-to-earth guy.

Please don't take my post wrong, this is a compliment to Bubba, not a criticism. It just may be that he doesn't impress ADs from bigger programs! Some may think he wouldn't be able to shmooze (sp) well with boosters and/or impress recruits.

Bubba is a class act. I've never heard of anyone not liking the guy. He likes to laugh and tell jokes and at the same time is very smart. He has the perfect qualities to schmooze. I'm guessing he just doesn't come across that way in a serious meeting with an AD.