SiouxSports.com Forum

Why UND can't play NDSU

jimdahl

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fairly confident that three sold out concerts could make the Alerus more $$$$ than a season of UND football, including playoff games.

How much has NDSU made from playoff revenue in the Fargo Barn???

ZZZZEEERRRROOOO!!!!!!!!

It must really CHEESE you guys Moorhead St. has had more playoff games in the Barn that YOU have!!!! GO DRAGONS!!!!!

cheeringsiouxfromsmoggycali,

That's what I'm talking about. What's stopping the Alerus from telling UND that they have to pony up a lot more money to play inside? I don't know the exact financial info, but I'm fairly confident that three sold out concerts could make the Alerus more $$$$ than a season of UND football, including playoff games.

actually, they need UND football in there. You have to remember, the Alerus allows beer sales and that generates a huge amount of money throughout the year, along with the ticket revenue. Plus, by strongarming UND, it would only tick of the general public even more, thus ultimately hurting its business.

Fargodome v Alerus = tie. Let's just leave it at that. Who cares which one has how many seats? Atmosphere is subjective. For example, i think the dome has better atmosphere, so they tie now.

The REA and the new REA sports center are a billion times better than the BSA and Benson. IMO they should tear down benson, convert the BSA to strictly practice area, and build a new arena for bball and vball.

Fargodome v Alerus = tie. Let's just leave it at that. Who cares which one has how many seats? Atmosphere is subjective. For example, i think the dome has better atmosphere, so they tie now.

The REA and the new REA sports center are a billion times better than the BSA and Benson. IMO they should tear down benson, convert the BSA to strictly practice area, and build a new arena for bball and vball.

I never really understood why they couldn't use the Dome for basketball and volleyball? I admit those courts are small, but the facilities in Fargo Mooorhead for basketball and volleyball suck all the way around. Name a college in F-M and their basketball facilities suck.

I never really understood why they couldn't use the Dome for basketball and volleyball? I admit those courts are small, but the facilities in Fargo Mooorhead for basketball and volleyball suck all the way around. Name a college in F-M and their basketball facilities suck.

Actually, we could do this. One of the endzone seats can disconnect and be moved towardthe other endzone to create a nice hockey/bball/vball arena.

Not like anybody cares about college baseball anyway, but in high school I made a journey to the state high school baseball tourney at Newman Outdoor Field. I got changed, threw a ball around for 2 min. getting ready for our game, and then the tourney was postponed and moved to bismarck because in an average thunderstorm the garbage cans were floating in about four feet of water in each dugout because the drainage sucked. three cheers to that stadium and my six hours of driving that day.

• 4 weeks later...

Reviving an old thread :angry: :

On the WDAY 6:00 news, it was reported that the DII commish has been getting a lot of coaches requesting that ONE game against a I-AA opponent will not count towards the SSI, especially if it is a rivalry game. The soonest a vote could be taken would be April.

Edit-It is the chair of the DII championship committee.

blah blah blah...NDSU has better facilities...see below...

Football

FargoDome Vs. Alerus Center

Advantage FargoDome for capacity

Advantage Alerus for ATMOSPHERE (10,000 in the AL kicks 14,000 in the barn anytime!!) PLUS see below...

6 Playoff games in 3 years

0 Playoff games in 11 years

guess who wins there! The AL!!

Basketball

Bison Sports Arena Vs. Hyslop...yeah...you win!

BSA vs. REA - The Betty and the Ralph - ADVANTAGE REA! We'll have a nice NEW little arena in the Betty and a bigger venue for bigger games with the Ralph! The BSA is what it is...a big, crappily lit BARN (fittingly)

Baseball

Newman Outdoor Field Vs. Kraft Field Advantage Newman

got us there...Newman is great!

Hockey

REA vs. None Advantage REA -- DUHH!! (Unless you want to put the coliseum up??? sorry, dumb idea)

Wrestling

BSA Vs. None Advantage BSA

(Last time I checked UND has no wrestling program...like NDSU has no swimming program (HYSLOP POOL RULES!!) It's a wash here!

Volleyball

Benson Bunker Fieldhouse Vs. REA SPORTS CENTER - again - no comparision! We've got a brand NEW facility - you've got an old retrofitted piece of crap with BAD lighting...Art Bunker is a great guy but he got screwed on his donation for this mini-barn!

I tally this as 4 to 1 for UND with 1 tie....don't you saps realize UND is building up it's facilities FIRST and then will make the jump to DI and not the back-asswards way you guys are doing it?? I can't wait until NDSU goes to the Legislature for $$$ for their "big move" and having the politicians shake their head NO....It's called PLANNING you jerks!

A legitimate issue has been raised with the allowing of 1 D1AA game to be played and not affect the SSI. It will be interesting to see what comes of this. Obviously a needed change for D2. I would suspect the change will come too late to alter next years schedule, but possibly for 2005 it could impact thie Bison/Sioux game.

I am use to seeing NDSU's schedule out by now, but with all the change I am sure it will be a couple years before that settles down.

By the way airmail....since you are a skier....you ought to get out to the Rockies skiing this year. The snow in Utah is incredible. The Wasatch Mountains have been really hammered with snow. Jackson Hole is looking good too.....nice to see after so many dry years.

• 2 weeks later...

That was quite an effort for your first post, "ndsubison." I only hope we can look forward to more of these brilliant witticisms in the future.

BTW, neither Montana nor Georgia Southern is on your schedule next year, but one of the teams you made a feeble attempt at belittling--Duluth--is.

By the way airmail....since you are a skier....you ought to get out to the Rockies skiing this year.  The snow in Utah is incredible.  The Wasatch Mountains have been really hammered with snow. Jackson Hole is looking good too.....nice to see after so many dry years.

Thanks for the tip, but I'll be taking no trips this year. Last year at this time we were actually thinking about PC Utah, but that idea has been laid to rest. I'm in the middle of home construction, and all my vacation time (as well as free time) is going directly into the project. (oh yeah, all my $ is going there too. :) )

Sounds like a great season out west, though. There's always next year. Have fun...

That was quite an effort for your first post, "ndsubison." I only hope we can look forward to more of these brilliant witticisms in the future.

What UND92,96 said.

BTW, neither Montana nor Georgia Southern is on your schedule next year, but one of the teams you made a feeble attempt at belittling--Duluth--is.

According to Steve Hallstrom at WDAY (Bison Feedback) the NDSU-UMD game is NOT 100% going to happen. Seems as it was just a verbal agreement between the AD's, with the understanding that the new UMD coach would have the final call. We all know who the new UMD coach is. Hallstrom wasn't very optomistic. IF you count the UMD game, NDSU has TWO home games on next year's schedule that are for sure. The other being against California - Davis (I think.) They are also playing at California-St. Mary's, whatever that is. Welcome to DI(aa).

Just the kind of welcome I expected from this board :) . Duluth is on our schedule next year and they had the option of backing out of the game but they manned up and accepted the challenge, unlike some schools I know of :glare: . Montana & Georgia Southern will eventually be on our schedule--it's simply a matter of time before we get it worked out. That's what is so funny about sioux fans regarding our move to DI-AA. You're all gloom & doom and can't wait for any chance to belittle our decision and gloat over any misfortunes we may initially endure in our transition. You see, unlike UND, NDSU is looking 10 years down the road, not next year with the big matchup with Crookston or whichever cupcake you have lined up. Stay in DII because with that kind of thinking it's where you belong.

The Montana people are already anticipating our next matchup and they want to play again as soon as the schedule can be worked out. I would call that a start, wouldn't you? :)

I would call that making my point for me. Thanks.

According to Steve Hallstrom at WDAY (Bison Feedback) the NDSU-UMD game is NOT 100% going to happen. Seems as it was just a verbal agreement between the AD's, with the understanding that the new UMD coach would have the final call. We all know who the new UMD coach is. Hallstrom wasn't very optomistic. IF you count the UMD game, NDSU has TWO home games on next year's schedule that are for sure. The other being against California - Davis (I think.) They are also playing at California-St. Mary's, whatever that is. Welcome to DI(aa).

I could be wrong, but I thought that since Davis went to Fargo this year, NDSU goes there next year.