SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ IDAHO ST.

bincitysioux

Bin - why were you yelling all game??? ???:)

Sorry............. :)

When I watch games on the internet I am watching on an Acer Revo computer that is just always hooked to my TV. It has a l little 4" x 6" keyboard with really small buttons, so it is like I'm texting the whole game. I find it just easier to leave the caps lock on all the time. I'm not trying to come off like Lakesbison or anything :crazy: , just hate to type in all lower case all the time....................

As far as the game goes, you couldn't ask for much better play in the 1st half. Problem was ISU couldn't miss anything. When we stopped making our shots in the second half, several players seemed to lose focus and started forcing shots. That combined with all the offensive rebounds that ISU was allowed to gobble up really hurt.

Sorry............. :)

When I watch games on the internet I am watching on an Acer Revo computer that is just always hooked to my TV. It has a l little 4" x 6" keyboard with really small buttons, so it is like I'm texting the whole game. I find it just easier to leave the caps lock on all the time. I'm not trying to come off like Lakesbison or anything :crazy: , just hate to type in all lower case all the time....................

As far as the game goes, you couldn't ask for much better play in the 1st half. Problem was ISU couldn't miss anything. When we stopped making our shots in the second half, several players seemed to lose focus and started forcing shots. That combined with all the offensive rebounds that ISU was allowed to gobble up really hurt.

Agree with the forcing shots. In all our losses we hang tough then several players take horrible shots for 3-4 possessions in a row and the other team goes on about an 8 point run and puts a gap on us. The coaches seem to allow this every game. The coaches need to tighten up these players and sit them when it happens. After one year and 7 games this continues to happen and I wonder when its going to be corrected. Agree they are still young but the clock is ticking on correcting this.

They say you can learn more from a loss than you can a win and I hope our coaches can find teaching points and make some changes. We have plenty of talent, there is just a lack of maturity that will come with time and some coaching.

With my best Jim Mora impersonation "Coaching, did you say coaching?! The best indicator of a good coach is consistency and control/molding the players to work best for the team. I do not see that on a regular basis. Lack of a couple of athletic big men hurts, but we are one year away from being in a legitimate big time BB environment. We better improve and mature fast.

With my best Jim Mora impersonation "Coaching, did you say coaching?! The best indicator of a good coach is consistency and control/molding the players to work best for the team. I do not see that on a regular basis. Lack of a couple of athletic big men hurts, but we are one year away from being in a legitimate big time BB environment. We better improve and mature fast.

Ditto that. Without another big man or two and allowing certain players to take the shots they are taking then we may be in BIG trouble in the coming year. We have no Mitchell next year and we have no back up big man at all and no new players coming in UNLESS scholarships are cut..

Pocatello is not an easy place to play, Even the stronger BSC teams struggle there.

What do you consider the toughest Big Sky venues? Presume it would be Montana, Weber St, and lately N Colo.

Seems like the schools with the least home field advantage would be Sac St., Portland St, and E Wash, although Sac and PSU play in crackerbox gyms.

So is Weber St have the best basketball team in Utah this year? Utah, Utah St, and BYU are all down and Weber St seems up.

What do you consider the toughest Big Sky venues? Presume it would be Montana, Weber St, and lately N Colo.

Seems like the schools with the least home field advantage would be Sac St., Portland St, and E Wash, although Sac and PSU play in crackerbox gyms.

So is Weber St have the best basketball team in Utah this year? Utah, Utah St, and BYU are all down and Weber St seems up.

None of the BSC arenas are easy places to play, but I would have to say the hardest arenas to win at in the Big Sky are Weber State and both Montana's (I say both Montana's because you have to play up there back to back which is not easy) UNC has a good atmosphere when they are winning like last year, NAU is always tough, PSU has a small gym but thier team usually makes up for it, Sac always gives Weber fits in Sacramento. EWU if they could get the fans could have a great atmosphere, and ISU is tough, the whole playing in a football stadium thing messes with teams.

No easy road games in the sky. It's a better league than it gets credit for.

Weber the best? Well lets say we have the potential, but we are struggling right now, we will find out what we are made of tomorrow when we play at BYU a place we have never won at and the Cougars are playing better than when they started, It will take a complete game for us to win. I will say that we are definetely better than Utah and Utah State, we play SUU a little later so we get to see how we fair vs another Future BSC foe.

None of the BSC arenas are easy places to play, but I would have to say the hardest arenas to win at in the Big Sky are Weber State and both Montana's (I say both Montana's because you have to play up there back to back which is not easy) UNC has a good atmosphere when they are winning like last year, NAU is always tough, PSU has a small gym but thier team usually makes up for it, Sac always gives Weber fits in Sacramento. EWU if they could get the fans could have a great atmosphere, and ISU is tough, the whole playing in a football stadium thing messes with teams.

No easy road games in the sky. It's a better league than it gets credit for.

Weber the best? Well lets say we have the potential, but we are struggling right now, we will find out what we are made of tomorrow when we play at BYU a place we have never won at and the Cougars are playing better than when they started, It will take a complete game for us to win. I will say that we are definetely better than Utah and Utah State, we play SUU a little later so we get to see how we fair vs another Future BSC foe.

The UND @ ISU game was played at Reed Gym (ISU's "old" venue). Does ISU play conference games in the Minidome? That would be difficult for depth perception. ISU needs facility upgrades about as bad as Idaho does.

Good luck with BYU!

The UND @ ISU game was played at Reed Gym (ISU's "old" venue). Does ISU play conference games in the Minidome? That would be difficult for depth perception. ISU needs facility upgrades about as bad as Idaho does.

Good luck with BYU!

Normaly, ISU plays inside Holt Arena, the womens team usually plays in Reed Gym. If ISU's mens team plays in Reed it's usually because the Holt is unavailable or hosting another event at the same time. A couple times last year ISU played in Reed a few times just to see which arena had a better home court advantage, I think both are tough to play at. But a lot of Bengals fans like playing in Reed more than playing in Holt because the fans are closer to the action and it doesnt feel like playing in an jet hanger.

Idaho State did receive funds to build themselves a brand new arena, but the school used the funds for other things, mostly academic, which made the donor mad and now that donor doesnt donate to ISU anymore. Not a good move on ISU's part.

And they did finally take out that cement floor they had at Holt and put in new turf and it looks real nice.

Good luck with BYU!

Actually, Star- I don't mean to call you out, because goodness knows I'm wrong far more often than I am right. But the UND at Idaho St. game was played at Holt Arena, the same arena that the Football team played in. It was mentioned a number of times during the broadcast and it's listed on the box score.

Actually, Star- I don't mean to call you out, because goodness knows I'm wrong far more often than I am right. But the UND at Idaho St. game was played at Holt Arena, the same arena that the Football team played in. It was mentioned a number of times during the broadcast and it's listed on the box score.

When I first read the box score, could have swore it said Reed Gym, which surprised me. It doesn't say that now. :silly: