SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

A one year anomaly on numbers that mean nothing when just looking at the bottom line with no context. Was there any one-time large expenses last year like, oh maybe new turf or something that could have possibly skewed that number?

With the football team tanking the season and no one showing up for games even the increase in basketball and volleyball attendance isn't going to make up for the money lost unless UND can turn it around in a hurry and get butts back into the seats. Also does anyone know when the SL could lose their autobid if they don't add members? I heard they are on some watch list that gives them an extention to get DI members.

With the football team tanking the season and no one showing up for games even the increase in basketball and volleyball attendance isn't going to make up for the money lost unless UND can turn it around in a hurry and get butts back into the seats. Also does anyone know when the SL could lose their autobid if they don't add members? I heard they are on some watch list that gives them an extention to get DI members.

If necessary, available revenue will magically appear in a previously forgotten fund and UND will be fine. At this point UND doesn't have too much to worry about regarding the athletic budget. If UND was actually worried about revenue they wouldn't have turned down 3,000 fans trying to get seats for the MBB game against ndsu.

Ticket numbers definitely help the bottom line but UND (and similar schools) don't and can't rely on ticket numbers to keep an athletic department running.

The demise of the Summit has been greatly exagerated. No specifics yet, but the future appears secure according to recent comments from the Jacks athletic dept about upcoming additions (see Sdsufans.com). Oru may even be coming back. Time to swallow hard and get on-board the Summit train, Und, and build a BB conference that rivals the MVC.

If your AD simply said, we'll move to the Summit if we can move to the MVFC, it would likely be enough for Viterito & Douple to make it happen IMO.

The demise of the Summit has been greatly exagerated. No specifics yet, but the future appears secure according to recent comments from the Jacks athletic dept about upcoming additions. Oru may even be coming back. Time to swallow hard and get on-board the Summit train, Und.

I would wait to see what Douple has up his sleeve before I get too excited.

I would wait to see what Douple has up his sleeve before I get too excited.

I'm sure Douple'd spill the beans on specifics if your AD showed some interest. Time to pick up the phone, pick up the phone . . . before the train leaves the station.

I'm sure Douple'd spill the beans on specifics if your AD showed some interest. Time to pick up the phone, pick up the phone . . . before the train leaves the station.

They showed interest in baseball, Douple wasn't interested (because why would he want to help himself?). You also aren't addressing the football aspect either.

The demise of the Summit has been greatly exagerated. No specifics yet, but the future appears secure according to recent comments from the Jacks athletic dept about upcoming additions (see Sdsufans.com). Oru may even be coming back. Time to swallow hard and get on-board the Summit train, Und, and build a BB conference that rivals the MVC.

If your AD simply said, we'll move to the Summit if we can move to the MVFC, it would likely be enough for Viterito & Douple to make it happen IMO.

Douple has already been calling UND. He knows he F'ed up the first time by not getting the MVFC lined up, then had to react to UND's move by taking the Yotes.

They showed interest in baseball, Douple wasn't interested (because why would he want to help himself?). You also aren't addressing the football aspect either.

Every baseball team/coach in the Summit wants UND in but the commish and a certain AD (hmmm) are among a few that won't let it happen.

Douple has already been calling UND. He knows he F'ed up the first time by not getting the MVFC lined up, then had to react to UND's move by taking the Yotes.

Clarification, USD was already in the Summit at the time but had decided on leaving for the sake of their football team, he was only able to keep them by getting the MVFC to extend a last minute invite for them (guessing that is what you're referencing, just wanted to clear it up for others).

Clarification, USD was already in the Summit at the time but had decided on leaving for the sake of their football team, he was only able to keep them by getting the MVFC to extend a last minute invite for them (guessing that is what you're referencing, just wanted to clear it up for others).

Correct, I pretty much lumped it all together.

I am assuming that Und won't be part of any upcoming moves to the Summit, but that isn't because of anyone in St. Louis or Fargo. Your AD would gladly go into debt before picking up the phone.

Not true. You don't need to look far to figure out where opposition is coming from. Does Faison need to pick up the phone for a full-conference invite? No. Because Patty isn't on the other end and she is the only one that matters. UND could have joined the Summit a long time ago if it really wanted to.

Has he tried to get UND baseball into the Summit? Yes.

I am assuming that Und won't be part of any upcoming moves to the Summit, but that isn't because of anyone in St. Louis or Fargo. Your AD would gladly go into debt before picking up the phone.

Unless the words MVFC is attached to an offer then why should we join the Summit?

Every baseball team/coach in the Summit wants UND in but the commish and a certain AD (hmmm) are among a few that won't let it happen.

The Summit Commish probably wants UND in the Summit for all sports, not just baseball. So he probably loses some leverage be allowing you to pick and choose which sports you'd bring in. Also, it sounds like the baseball situation will be taken care of without Und, but we will see. After a year of two in the WAC, it will be Und approaching the Summi v. the other way around.

And I really don't think GT is trying to keep UND out, unless you have some proof to the contrary.

Not true. You don't need to look far to figure out where opposition is coming from. Does Faison need to pick up the phone for a full-conference invite? No. Because Patty isn't on the other end and she is the only one that matters. UND could have joined the Summit a long time ago if it really wanted to.

Has he tried to get UND baseball into the Summit? Yes.

So when your mom buys your sister a new pursue, do you fuss, cry and scream that you didn't get a new pursue . . . or do you simply ask your mother if she would also buy you a new pursue. Seem like a lot of fussing and crying over here.

So when your mom buys your sister a new pursue, do you fuss, cry and scream that you didn't get a new pursue . . . or do you simply ask your mother if she would also buy you a new pursue. Seem like a lot of fussing and crying over here.

Seems like a Summit/MVFC invite is there for the taking . . . although it's a lot more fun for some to sit back and do nothing except fuss and cry.

Seems like a Summit/MVFC invite is there for the taking . . . although it's a lot more fun for some to fuss and cry.

There has been absolutely zero indications of a MVFC invite. The eastern teams were given considerations to allow USD in, I can't imagine they would be thrilled about adding another western team.

• Upvote 1

There has been absolutely zero indications of a MVFC invite. The eastern teams were given considerations to allow USD in, I can't imagine they would be thrilled about adding another western team.

They are not going to invite you to dinner. You have to ask if its OK if you stay for dinner, and if that's OK, you'll bring some scotch and cigars to show your appreciation. Gee wiz, how do you think these things work? No one is going to stroke your ego with an invite out of the blue, you have to make things happen for yourself through negotiation.

Seems like a Summit/MVFC invite is there for the taking . . . although it's a lot more fun for some to sit back and do nothing except fuss and cry.

The only people talking about UND moving to the Summit is fans of teams already in the Summit, Jack and FU fans.

• Upvote 1

The MVFC has on record that if they (eastern teams) allow South Dakota to join they do NOT have to make an extra trip to the Dakotas..that would NOT be possible if UND joined unless a non Dakota team left.