SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Fighting Sioux sweater #

SIOUXELEVENS

Hrkac was 7 in his frosh year. When he left after that year, Johnson took 7. Hrkac then took 21 when he returned the next year.

So 7 has Hrkac's frosh year (54 pts) and the bulk of Johnson's career (including a national scoring title as a senior) plus Bucks now. Not bad.

What # was Greg Johnson?

I remember in 1987, I wanted a Hrkac button. They were out though and I had to settle for Russ Parent. :silly:

I wanted to buy a home white jersey in 1987 but thought the $40 was just too much for little ol' me to spend on it. Jerseys weren't as commonplace then as they are now, though some people did wear them.

Anyway, it wasn't long before I regretted not spending THAT money.

So 7 has Hrkac's frosh year (54 pts) and the bulk of Johnson's career (including a national scoring title as a senior) plus Bucks now. Not bad.

Troy Murray was also #7. He scored 78 points as a freshman in 80-81, which I think is a Sioux record. He also had a year in the NHL when he scored 45 goals and 99 points.

Right! My bad. Didn't Maxwell wear #7 too? If so, we've got:

#7: Maxwell, Murray, Hrkac (freshman), S. Johnson, Bochenski

#11: Taylor, Parks, Ward, Parise

You can throw Roche in with the #7's.

Teeder Wynne with the #11's.

#8 is also a high scoring number, with Doug Smail, Neil Eisenhut, Dave Tippett (I believe) and Kevin Hoogsteen.

I would guess considering Taylor and Ward are two of the five players that have scored in excessive of 200 career points for UND, Wynne with over 140 points, Parks close to hundred and Parise on the way to who knows how many, that #11 may be tough to beat.

You could add Mike Commodore if you include punches and penalties. :silly:

I've seen him score goals... well, A goal anyways. It's almost like the movie Mighty Ducks with that kid who only hit the net 1 out of 5 times with his shot. But that shot.. wooooooo...

Ok, Commodore wasn't a goal scorer, but who cares. I think he's the hardest hitter I've ever watched play the game (and that's saying something with Greene and Prpich around).

If you actually read the post to which you refer you will see that it says KEVIN Hoogsteen, who did wear #8!

You're right, it does. My mistake. Although I don't recall Kevin Hoggsteen scoring a lot, but I only watched him play his last year. That was the year I became a devout Sioux hockey fan, when I actually started going to games, listening on the radio, etc.