SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-12 Schedule

bincitysioux

• 3 weeks later...

Tue. Nov 1 - UM-Crookston

Mon, Nov 14 - Idaho

Mon, Dec 19 - Bemidji St

Montana Tournament

Thu, Dec 29 - Idaho vs. North Dakota (5 p.m.) Montana vs. Southern Mississippi (7 p.m.)

Fri, Dec 30 -Idaho vs. Southern Mississippi (5 p.m.) Montana vs. North Dakota (7 p.m.)

Tue, Jan 03 @ Idaho

Thu, Jan 12 - Jamestown College (7:00PM)

@ Montana

@ Colorado St.

It is strange that they didn't have us play Southern Miss and then Montana and Idaho play on the first day. UMt and UI do play each other earlier in the season but only once. It would even it out so that UND and UI play twice and UMt and UI play twice. I don't see why any of the schools would have a problem with that. Then we could travel right over to Moscow and play them the following Tuesday like scheduled.

Mon, Nov 14 - Idaho

Mon, Dec 19 - Bemidji St

Montana Tournament

Thu, Dec 29 - Idaho vs. North Dakota (5 p.m.) Montana vs. Southern Mississippi (7 p.m.)

Fri, Dec 30 -Idaho vs. Southern Mississippi (5 p.m.) Montana vs. North Dakota (7 p.m.)

Tue, Jan 03 @ Idaho

Tue, February 14 - Mayville State (7:00 pm)

@ Montana

@ Colorado St.

According to a post on Bisonville, the Bison are hosting UND on January 3rd. It's nice to see that both bball teams are once again scheduling each other.

According to Dakotadan right above your post, UND will be at Idaho on January 3rd. Any confirmation on which date might be correct?

According to Dakotadan right above your post, UND will be at Idaho on January 3rd. Any confirmation on which date might be correct?

I didn't catch that. According to the Vandals website, we are indeed playing at Idaho on that date. The post on Bisonville was from an email a season ticket holder received and it was a "Tentative" schedule. I would guess that the January 3rd game at Idaho would be correct. Hopefully we are still able to play the Bison.

Mon, Nov 14 - Idaho

Mon, Dec 19 - Bemidji St

Montana Tournament

Tue, Jan 03 @ Idaho

@ Montana

@ Colorado St

@ Harvard , Jan 17.

Harvard Link

Hmm, Harvard playing a team named the Fighting Sioux in both basketball and hockey? According to our leaders, that is impossible.

Fri, Nov 11 - Creighton

Mon, Nov 14 - Idaho

Mon, Dec 19 - Bemidji St

Montana Tournament

Tue, Jan 03 @ Idaho

@ Montana

@ Colorado St.

@Harvard, Jan 17

Creighton WBB schedule

Fri, Nov 11 - Creighton

Mon, Nov 14 - Idaho

Mon, Dec 19 - Bemidji St

Montana Tournament

Tue, Jan 03 @ Idaho

@ Montana

@ Colorado St.

@Harvard, Jan 17

@ Missouri, Dec 10

@ Minot State, Oct 30

Missouri Link

Minot Link

I'm assuming we're playing AT Minot for some sort of show of support due to the flood....... :ohmy:

Dec. 4 vs Montana State

Fri, Nov 11 - Creighton

Mon, Nov 14 - Idaho

Mon, Dec 19 - Bemidji St

Montana Tournament

Tue, Jan 03 @ Idaho

@ Montana

@ Colorado St.

@Harvard, Jan 17

@ Missouri, Dec 10

@ Minot State, Oct 30

Link

Using the TV schedule that bin linked to, we can figure out a few of the GW conference games also. From the TV schedule, it appears that the Great West will not be using a doubleheader format anymore.

Sun. Oct 30 @ Minot State,

Fri. Nov 11 - Creighton

Mon. Nov 14 - Idaho

Sun. Dec. 4 - Montana State

Sat. Dec 10 @ Missouri

Mon. Dec 19 - Bemidji St

Montana Tournament

Thu. Dec 29 - Idaho vs. North Dakota (5 p.m.) Montana vs. Southern Mississippi (7 p.m.)

Fri. Dec 30 -Idaho vs. Southern Mississippi (5 p.m.) Montana vs. North Dakota (7 p.m.)

Tue. Jan 03 @ Idaho

Thu. Jan 12 - Jamestown College (7:00PM)

Tue. Jan 17 @ Harvard

Sat. Jan 21 - Utah Valley

Thu. Feb 2 - Houston Baptist

Thu. Feb 9 - Chicago State

Tue. February 14 - Mayville State (7:00 pm)

Wed. Feb 22 - NJ Tech

@ Montana

@ Colorado St.

Schedule per Fighting Sioux Club brochure.............

Nov 2 UM-Crookston

Nov 11 Creighton

Nov 14 Idaho

Nov 20 Duquesne

Nov 25-26 @ New Mexico St. Tourney

Dec 1 @ Drake

Dec 4 Montana St

Dec 8 @ Colorado St

Dec 10 at Missouri

Dec 17 Northern Iowa

Dec 19 Bemidji St

Dec 22 @ Montana St

Dec 29-30 Montana Tourney

Jan 3 @ Idaho

Jan 5 @ Air Force

Jan 12 Jamestown College

Jan 17 @ Harvard

Jan 21 Utah Valley

Jan 26 @ New Jersey Tech

Jan 28 @ Chicago St

Feb 2 Houston Baptist

Feb 4 Texas PanAm

Feb 9 Chicago St

Feb 11 New Jersey Tech

Feb 14 Mayville St

Feb 23 @ Texas PanAm

Feb 25 @ Houston Baptist

Mar 3 @ Utah Valley

Schedule per Fighting Sioux Club brochure.............

Nov 2 UM-Crookston

Nov 11 Creighton

Nov 14 Idaho

Nov 20 Duquesne

Nov 25-26 @ New Mexico St. Tourney

Dec 1 @ Drake

Dec 4 Montana St

Dec 8 @ Colorado St

Dec 10 at Missouri

Dec 17 Northern Iowa

Dec 19 Bemidji St

Dec 22 @ Montana St

Dec 29-30 Montana Tourney

Jan 3 @ Idaho

Jan 5 @ Air Force

Jan 12 Jamestown College

Jan 17 @ Harvard

Jan 21 Utah Valley

Jan 26 @ New Jersey Tech

Jan 28 @ Chicago St

Feb 2 Houston Baptist

Feb 4 Texas PanAm

Feb 9 Chicago St

Feb 11 New Jersey Tech

Feb 14 Mayville St

Feb 23 @ Texas PanAm

Feb 25 @ Houston Baptist

Mar 3 @ Utah Valley

Good schedule, but would have liked to have seen NDSU, SDSU, and USD on the schedule. Sad that not one of them is.

Good schedule, but would have liked to have seen NDSU, SDSU, and USD on the schedule. Sad that not one of them is.

I agree especially about NDSU in the case of women's basketball.........................both programs are in need of an injection of fan interest, and that game would do alot for that. I blame Roebuck for it, as he (along with NDSU's AD Gene Taylor) are the last of the holdovers from the bad-blood of the DI moves for both schools. I think Gene has a real personal dislike for NDSU and genuinely wants nothing to do with them.

I could care less about SDSU. I think there is some sort of administrative embargo going on with USD due to the collapse of their deal with the Big Sky. They both would be nice because the fickle fans of Grand Forks are familiar with them, but in the long run, Creighton, Idaho, Duquesne, and Northern Iowa are better opponents coming to the Betty................

I agree especially about NDSU in the case of women's basketball.........................both programs are in need of an injection of fan interest, and that game would do alot for that. I blame Roebuck for it, as he (along with NDSU's AD Gene Taylor) are the last of the holdovers from the bad-blood of the DI moves for both schools. I think Gene has a real personal dislike for NDSU and genuinely wants nothing to do with them.

I could care less about SDSU. I think there is some sort of administrative embargo going on with USD due to the collapse of their deal with the Big Sky. They both would be nice because the fickle fans of Grand Forks are familiar with them, but in the long run, Creighton, Idaho, Duquesne, and Northern Iowa are better opponents coming to the Betty................

UWGB released their schedule and they have the Phoenix in Fargo on Nov. 11th and Grand Forks on Nov. 13th.

http://www.greenbayphoenix.com//pdf8/781118.pdf

If so, with respect to NDSU and USD, then pettiness is keeping our two biggest rivals off the schedule. I'd like to see us show that we're bigger than all this and do what's best for the teams and the fans, not to mention the bottom line (good attendance, minimal travel).

• 2 weeks later...

2011-2012 full schedule

Thu, Sep 08	  Texas-Pan American *	 at Edinburg, Texas	   7:00 p.m.	

Wed, Nov 02	  Minnesota, Crookston (Exh.)	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   7:00 p.m.	

Fri, Nov 11	  Creighton	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   7:00 p.m.	

Mon, Nov 14	  Idaho	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   6:00 p.m.	

Sun, Nov 20	  Duquesne	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   2:00 p.m.	

Aggie Hotel Encanto Thanksgiving Classic

Fri, Nov 25	  Southern Utah	 at Las Cruces, N.M.	   5:00 p.m.	

Sat, Nov 26	  Nicholls State/New Mexico State	 at Las Cruces, N.M.	   5:00 p.m.	

Thu, Dec 01	  Drake	 at Des Moines, Iowa	   7:00 p.m.	

Sun, Dec 04	  Montana State	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   2:00 p.m.	

Thu, Dec 08	  Colorado State	 at Fort Collins, Colo.	   8:00 p.m.	

Sat, Dec 10	  Missouri	 at Columbia, Mo.	   12:30 p.m.	

Sat, Dec 17	  Northern Iowa	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   2:00 p.m.	

Mon, Dec 19	  Bemidji	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   7:00 p.m.	

Thu, Dec 22	  Montana State	 at Bozeman, Mont.	   6:30 p.m.	

Lady Griz Holiday Classic

Thu, Dec 29	  Idaho	 at Missoula, Mont.	   6:00 p.m.	

Fri, Dec 30	  Montana	 at Missoula, Mon.	   8:00 p.m.	

Tue, Jan 03	  Idaho	 at Moscow, Idaho	   8:00 p.m.	

Tue, Jan 03	  Idaho	 at Moscow, Idaho	   8:00 p.m.	

Thu, Jan 05	  Air Force	 at Colorado Springs, Colo.	   TBA	

Thu, Jan 12	  Jamestown	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   6:00 p.m.	

Tue, Jan 17	  Harvard	 at Boston, Mass.	   6:00 p.m.	

Sat, Jan 21	  Utah Valley *	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   2:00 p.m.	

Thu, Jan 26	  NJIT *	 at Newark, N.J.	   TBA	

Sat, Jan 28	  Chicago State *	 at Chicago, Ill.	   TBA	

Thu, Feb 02	  Houston Baptist *	 Houston, Texas	   7:00 p.m.	

Sat, Feb 04	  Texas-Pan American *	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   2:00 p.m.	

Thu, Feb 09	  Chicago State *	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   7:00 p.m.	

Sat, Feb 11	  NJIT *	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   7:00 p.m.	

Tue, Feb 14	  Mayville State	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   7:00 p.m.	

Sat, Feb 25	  Houston Baptist *	 at Houston, Texas	   7:00 p.m.	

Sat, Mar 03	  Utah Valley *	 at Orem, Utah	   4:00 p.m.	

Great West Conference Tournament

Thu, Mar 08	  Quarterfinals	 at Chicago, Ill.	   TBA	

Fri, Mar 09	  Semifinals	 at Chicago, Ill.	   TBA	

Sat, Mar 10	  Championship	 at Chicago, Ill.	   TBA

I actually would like to see SDSU play UND since the schools had a nice past in women's bb however I don't see SDSU in Grand Forks for a while due to the fact that SDSU doesn't need the game and there is no need for SDSU to travel to Grand Forks when they can get some of the bigger name schools to come to Brookings. Last year Arizona State and Iowa both made the trip, this year Utah State, Washington State, Kansas State and Arkansas Little Rock are all playing in Frost while we travel to Marquette, Nebraska, Ark Little Rock and Middle Tennessee. If UND begins to do well in the Big Sky I have a feeling AJ will look at a one for one but until that time there really isn't any need to schedule UND and if it happens my guess is he'll push for a 2 for 1 or one and done in Brookings. The SDSU women are in a very different place then the SDSU men when it comes to scheduling. They made a name for themselves early in the transition, took on all comers on the road and succeeded and have made the post season 4 years in a row (3 NCAA, 1 NIT).

I actually would like to see SDSU play UND since the schools had a nice past in women's bb however I don't see SDSU in Grand Forks for a while due to the fact that SDSU doesn't need the game and there is no need for SDSU to travel to Grand Forks when they can get some of the bigger name schools to come to Brookings. Last year Arizona State and Iowa both made the trip, this year Utah State, Washington State, Kansas State and Arkansas Little Rock are all playing in Frost while we travel to Marquette, Nebraska, Ark Little Rock and Middle Tennessee. If UND begins to do well in the Big Sky I have a feeling AJ will look at a one for one but until that time there really isn't any need to schedule UND and if it happens my guess is he'll push for a 2 for 1 or one and done in Brookings. The SDSU women are in a very different place then the SDSU men when it comes to scheduling. They made a name for themselves early in the transition, took on all comers on the road and succeeded and have made the post season 4 years in a row (3 NCAA, 1 NIT).

I'm not saying that SDSU needs the game, but curious as to why the Men's team would play a home and home in the same season with UND. Is the Men's program having a more difficult time with scheduling?

Unfortunately, last year, this year and next- is probably the most pessimistic I've ever been towards women's basketball. Wall was pretty good last year, but I just don't get a great vibe with the talent they currently have in the program right now. I really don't think were where we need to be coming out of the transition. I don't see a lot of D1 type athletes and skill on the roster. I think we would make a good D2 team with what we have and what we have coming in... but D1?not from what I've seen. They have played some very good programs the past few years (that is good, but eventually you have to show you can play against them and not just be run over by them), and I thought that would make us better in the long run, but I just don't see it translating right now. So looking at this schedule, I hope they use it to their advantage and show us fans that they will be ready when they are officially on the stage this next year.