SiouxSports.com Forum

Forum Opinion Hit Piece on the NCAA and the SIOUX

BobIwabuchiFan

Wow! You really are insensitive aren't you... What you just said was racist and horribly stereotypical. With that kind of a statement some might refer to you as an asshat.

Yes, I'm very insensitive. And to he who said I might be Lakes, no, he types in ALL CAPS and misspells a lot of words. Stereotypical....definitely, as we all know, stereotypes don't come out of nowhere. I personally would have much less of a problem with natives if they took advantage of opportunities given to them. Have you guys been to Belcourt? Please do, talk to people who have lived there who are not natives. I have absolutely nothing against the natives who do a good job advancing in life.

Rich tradition and history who have fought for centuries? Bud, Wounded Knee was 120 years ago. Since then, all the "sioux" have done is sit on reservations...drink cheap alcohol, smoke a lot, live in their own filth, get fat, and complain about their "people" having land stolen from them. And if it pays them so much "homage" why didn't the one tribe not even vote?

I've told people before that I would be more than happy to be the Farmers or Aggies, it is a nickname. A NICKNAME. Not like they are shutting down the program.

I'm not sure which of these forum rules you directly violated but what you posted was disgusting. Stop with that now.

No personal attacks, defamation, or libel

No profanity or obscenity

No racial, ethnic, or sexual slurs

all the "sioux" have done is sit on reservations...drink cheap alcohol, smoke a lot, live in their own filth, get fat, and complain about their "people" having land stolen from them.

Racist slurs are a violation of the forum terms and rules to which you agreed when you joined this forum. Please refrain disparaging groups of people (e.g. based on race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation).

• Upvote 2

Rich tradition and history who have fought for centuries? Bud, Wounded Knee was 120 years ago. Since then, all the "sioux" have done is sit on reservations...drink cheap alcohol, smoke a lot, live in their own filth, get fat, and complain about their "people" having land stolen from them. And if it pays them so much "homage" why didn't the one tribe not even vote?

I've told people before that I would be more than happy to be the Farmers or Aggies, it is a nickname. A NICKNAME. Not like they are shutting down the program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svwGRJA28lY

• Upvote 1

:) I made a friend!

Thanks for taking a compliment by me for identifying what I see are real consequences for continued use of the nickname - and in turn making me look like a jackass with your ridiculous comments.

I'd say friend is a stretch. :glare:

ah yes. just another example of how the anti-nicknamers are the real racists in all this.

the fact that the Sioux are even alive today is simply because of their will to fight against overwhelming odds. of course actual fight in war, as you have made clear is your only association with the idea of fighting, has been over for quite a while now. that doesn't change the fact that the Sioux, as well as many other native americans, have fought against bigoted politics to force change that allows them to live where they please and take advantage of all the same rights that you likely take for granted.

und didn't choose the Sioux nickname and logo without some thought. there was obviously a realization that the history of the Sioux people was one worthy of admiration. were that not the case it wouldn't have made sense for und to choose the Sioux as their nickname. if und didn't care about having a nickname that carried prestige they would have just settled for an animal like every other generic university out there.

as for this question: "And if it pays them so much 'homage' why didn't the one tribe not even vote?"

that tribe is not anywhere near und and their leadership didn't want to get involved. we can't know for sure without a vote but the general sentiment coming from the tribal members is that they wanted a vote and would have likely voted to keep the nickname and logo. as it was, though, elected leaders decided otherwise so there's nothing that the tribal members can do but vote their leaders out of office, at which point it will probably be too late.

surprisingly, this isn't the most racist thing i've seen on this forum by anti-nicknamers. how anybody can still hold such animosity towards another group of people based solely on cultural background in today's world is beyond me. i can understand a couple hundred years ago, when information moved slowly and ignorance was widespread, how pockets of people could simply pass inflammatory rhetoric from one generation to the next and, basically, brainwash their people into thinking another group of people are bad for this reason or that. but nowadays? i mean, c'mon, we're smarter than that by now. aren't we?

enjoy your priveledged life, sir. you are hereby ignored.

Based on the racist remarks alone, Bison Boy should be banned from this site.

ignore list works too. i only have five people on my ignore list, one of whom has been banned from the forum for use of derogatory language. considering i've been posting on this board for like six years or something like that i clearly don't turn to the ignore option very often. well, i might ignore certain conversations people try to start but it's rare i add somebody to my ignore list. however i don't care about the opinions of people so out of touch with reality that they still believe long retired sterotypes.