SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs DENVER

AZSIOUX

wow - there's a moment wasted - probably the author as well

Another comment from Frog Town. I am only being a realist. If anyone disagrees with you is this your normal reaction? Sounds like someone drinking from the Michelle Bachmann fountain of knowledge. Though that fountain has always been empty.

If you UND can weahter the 1st 10-15 minutes, pack your bags people. DU will be running on pure energy to start the game. At some point, playing 90 minutes of hockey yesterday will take it's toll on them, especially if the play stays 5x5 most of the game.

My 3 keys to the game:

1) In Dell, we trust! He will have to be very good, especially early.

2) Limit our penalties and make this as much of a 5x5 game as possible.

3) Just score 1 more goal than DU...I got it 4-2 UND...the march to the X is on!

Gregiore will be a beast this game IMO.

He is the difference maker

Another comment from Frog Town. I am only being a realist. If anyone disagrees with you is this your normal reaction? Sounds like someone drinking from the Michelle Bachmann fountain of knowledge. Though that fountain has always been empty.

Ok, you are officially going on "ignore" status, a feature I don't like to use. Congrats.

Ok, you are officially going on "ignore" status, a feature I don't like to use. Congrats.

Thank you I am honored that you have choosen me for your ignore list. Typical reaction of a closed minded person. Did you put your fingers in your ears also and scream, "NAH NAH I CAN"T HEAR YOU".

• Downvote 4

Denver 4 Und 2 with the fourth goal coming via an open net. Geonway on the ice for all four goals. Though this is not what I would like to see.

You must have read the Heraldo today and saw Schlossman's piece about Denver's "hot goalie" and how unbeatable he is and suggested we might lose because of that. Schlossman also went back six years to the 2005 NCAA title game to back up his "point". He is already writing the script for his Monday column if we don't win today. :angry: Never mind that the WCHA goaltending champion wears kelly green and white. Just when I start to think I should change my sig on here, I get further evidence that it's needed.

WMU's goalie stopped 35 out of 38 shots, which proves that every team left has solid goaltending. I don't care if Patrick Roy is in net for Denver, I say if we keep out of the box and roll four lines for 60 minutes, we will win with our superior depth and experienced leadership. I don't think Denver will have a chance to play their tough, physical puck possession game like they did for most of regulation time last Saturday.

Prediction: UND 5, Denver 2 (with a late ENG by Hobey Frattin!).

LET's GO SIOUX!!!

I say one big key is stopping Denver in the 3rd period. Their history this year shows that they get behind, and own the 3rd. Maybe those OTs yesterday will be the difference. But I say the Sioux need to own that 3rd period. Don't give them anything. Don't let the foot off the gas. Punch that ticket, so I can be there watching in a few weeks!

• Upvote 1

I vote for the business suits today. Seems like the right time. Just that little extra jump.

The business suits are retired for the season at this point. The Sioux are the highest seed remaining in the tourney.

So they are the home team from here on...

You must have read the Heraldo today and saw Schlossman's piece about Denver's "hot goalie" and how unbeatable he is and suggested we might lose because of that. Schlossman also went back six years to the 2005 NCAA title game to back up his "point". He is already writing the script for his Monday column if we don't win today. :angry: Never mind that the WCHA goaltending champion wears kelly green and white. Just when I start to think I should change my sig on here, I get further evidence that it's needed.

WMU's goalie stopped 35 out of 38 shots, which proves that every team left has solid goaltending. I don't care if Patrick Roy is in net for Denver, I say if we keep out of the box and roll four lines for 60 minutes, we will win with our superior depth and experienced leadership. I don't think Denver will have a chance to play their tough, physical puck possession game like they did for most of regulation time last Saturday.

Prediction: UND 5, Denver 2 (with a late ENG by Hobey Frattin!).

LET's GO SIOUX!!!

Actually I have thought this all week.

Yesterday when the game started I was having just short of a minor stroke... I'm a lot different today and i'm not sure why... the task at hand is much heavier than the previous. Maybe give it a few hours and i'll be freaking out again

my stomach is in a 1000 knots.

I thought that the coaches can agree on jersey designation before the game?

From Brad:

Since Yale lost tonight and UND is the highest seed remaining in the tournament, that means it will be white jerseys from here on out. UND will finish the year 9-0-1 in the black jerseys. The Sioux are unbeaten in them in the last four years (21-0-3) and the Sioux hold a 27-1-3 mark in them since the 2006-07 season.

Not sure if any opposing coach would agree to have UND wear the black at this point. :)