SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Practice

siouxfbfan

General thoughts on 2-Deep Offense:

Line:

Left Tackle - Two young guys and I thought that I saw Deneui playing defense last year. He must be athletic.

Left Guard - Kleason - 2nd string?

Center - McGurran - good to see he has put on some weight.

Comments: Hey did Shea Walker the kid from St. Paul leave the team. I think he would have been RSFr this year.

Backs:

QB - this will be a battle - 5 guys - I thought that they would move Hendrickson back to WR. He has the arm and skill for QB. But, his accuracy and knowledge of offense must improve. I am looking forward to seeing Comes/Demler playing in spring ball.

FB - hey does anyone know anything about Payton DeCoteau RB RFR 5-10 245 - just saw him on the roster - looks like a load to tackle.

TE/Y Receiver - I wonder if Grant will push for playing time this year.

RB - I any word on Bulter? or the other RSFr we need more depth.

Z Receiver - Is Townsend still recovering for the injury. I hope he has a full recovery.

If these two guys turn out to be the 1 and 2 QB's after spring ball I can wait. I might also throw up.

I expect this to probably change. Those two ended the season as 1/2 and so are likely there by default. As spring practice goes along, I'd expect things to shift around.

I noticed the following defections:

I. Carrasco

S. Walker

B. Lundeen

T. Jenson

Wow. Four out-of-state recruits - TX, MN, OH, WI - from last years signing class gone in one swoop. Less depth at WR, OL, DL, and TE as well as wasted opportunities and scholarships. :sad:

Wow. Four out-of-state recruits - TX, MN, OH, WI - from last years signing class gone in one swoop. Less depth at WR, OL, DL, and TE as well as wasted opportunities and scholarships. :sad:

Apparently Walker may still be on the team. See comments section of most recent SFI blog.

Are Carrasco and the other 2 young players any significant loss? Did they leave because they weren't going to be good enough and the writing was on the wall or did we hate to see them go?

Check out post no. 27 in this thread with regard to Carrasco:

I would assume his departure wasn't a huge surprise.

I am hoping from reading these posts that Shea Walker is truly still with the team. I don't know much about the other guys who are gone or why, but I did get a chance to see Walker play in high school at Cretin-Derham Hall and was very happy to see the Sioux sign him out of high school. He was overshadowed by Seantrel Henderson alot of the time (who wouldn't be) but was a great player for them and sometimes played both ways.

He's a kid that I thought might even help us this year. Hope he is still with us.

I am hoping from reading these posts that Shea Walker is truly still with the team. I don't know much about the other guys who are gone or why, but I did get a chance to see Walker play in high school at Cretin-Derham Hall and was very happy to see the Sioux sign him out of high school. He was overshadowed by Seantrel Henderson alot of the time (who wouldn't be) but was a great player for them and sometimes played both ways.

He's a kid that I thought might even help us this year. Hope he is still with us.

Shea is still around. He got mistakenly lumped in as a Middle Line Backer on a roster or depth chart somehow.

Anybody been to practice yet? Any updates? Was kind of hoping SFI would have something by now.

It's my understanding that the GF Herald has heard that the Sioux have started spring practice.................... wall to wall coverage is forthcoming.......:silly:

They've already supposedly had 4-5 stories this week.................yeah right. ???

Anybody been to practice yet? Any updates? Was kind of hoping SFI would have something by now.

Just read the article on Ross Brenneman and the rest of the D-line. Sounds like we have good first-stringers, hope the rest give us depth, as those positions require plenty of playing time for two lines. Noticed Seth Stanchick was not named. I know he had a tough injury last year, but hoped he would be back. He logged quite a bit of playing time last year and seemed pretty steady. Does anybody know if they are just sitting him out of spring ball?

Just read the article on Ross Brenneman and the rest of the D-line. Sounds like we have good first-stringers, hope the rest give us depth, as those positions require plenty of playing time for two lines. Noticed Seth Stanchick was not named. I know he had a tough injury last year, but hoped he would be back. He logged quite a bit of playing time last year and seemed pretty steady. Does anybody know if they are just sitting him out of spring ball?

I think it was mentioned earlier as Stanchick would be out of spring ball while trying to heal from his broken leg. It was a pretty good fracture.

It's my understanding that the GF Herald has heard that the Sioux have started spring practice.................... wall to wall coverage is forthcoming.......:silly:

They've already supposedly had 4-5 stories this week.................yeah right. ???

I heard there was another sport taking preference for another week or so. Any ideas what that is?

SFI has updates on offense and defense...

After Week #1 (Defense)

After Week #1 (Offense)

This is when spring ball will start to get interesting. Most guys look pretty good before they put the pads on. Now that the guys will be at least in shells everyday some seperation will happen at some positions and the young guys will get some valuable learning experience.

Depth along the dline will be crucial this year. I'm still holding out hope about the possible transfer I heard about at NG. I would feel pretty good going into the season 3 deep there.