SiouxSports.com Forum

Commodore!

The Sicatoka

I just got my UND Alumni Association and Foundation annual report. (It's like the annual report you get if you own stock in a company.)

Paging through it I noticed that Mike W. Commodore, employed by the Calgary Flames of the NHL, has donated $25,000.00 to UND in the last year.

It was first in the Jan/Feb Alumni Review but there was another, sadder subject that was the focus of that issue so I must have missed it then.

Anyway, big applause to Mike Commodore for the $25-large hit. :silly:

I understand that Kleinsasser has "gone Hollywood" (not only in his appearance)and is somewhat embarrassed by his ND past. If true, that is really too bad. He was really a good, humble kid!

Nothing new there. Johnny Lang (blues guitarist) also is from ND (Fargo) but lists his hometown as Minneapolis. The answer is simply whatever. They can deny where they are from just like I can deny ever considering owning a Lang CD or being a Vikings fan. Both of which I am not.

Kleinsasser went to UND. I'll root for him as soon as he likes where he went to school. IF that never happens, oh well.

Nice job, Mr. Commodore. :silly:

As far as Kleinsasser, I've never heard anything around here about him "going Hollywood" and he seems to keep a pretty low profile. Then again, ever since Robert Smith retired, I really don't deal with the Vikings' players any longer.

There was an article (I think in the Albany, NY papaer) a couple years ago right before the Frozen Four in Albany that featured Mike when he was playing for Albany's AHL club. His roomate at the time was quoted as saying something to the effect that each weekend Mike would eagerly log on to the internet to check on how the Sioux did the night before. Upon finding out that the Soux won he would parade around the house chanting "Sioux, Sioux, Sioux". His generosity and loyalty to UND come as no suprise.

Considering how fond he is of the Sioux, you think he would have showed his appreciation & stayed all 4 years :silly:

After he left, he said he would've liked to stay. The man child was just to physical for college hockey. At least for the refs. And for the opposing players.

Isn't that fighting suspension rule called the Mike Commodore rule? Wasn't it Minny that pushed that one through when they found out commie was coming here? Or have I just been hallucinating again.

Mike Commodore is my favorite Sioux player of all-time. He is what got me really gung-ho about Sioux hockey. I remember my dad took me to a game when I was a little younger and I remember seeing Mike with his huge red hair pound the crap out of a St. Cloud St. guy. He's the type of player we need more of. I don't think there is enough fighting in hockey.

Thanks Mikey!

I thought they said he broke the guy's eye socket.

I thought it was the nose, but it was certainly bloody.

I remember how patient commie was while he unstrapped the wisco players helmet. Didn't even bother swinging until he had the helmet off.

I thought they said he broke the guy's eye socket.

He shattered AB's nose. My friend who was working for Midwest Sports Channel - Wisco at the time was in the tunnel when they carried AB to the lockerroom and said he was a bloody mess.

I believe one of the linesmen also left the ice briefly to get stitched up after getting injured trying to break up that "fight."

I talked to Mike at Applebees after he pulverized a guy (well he left on a stretcher) or I think that was him who did it. Anyways, I told him that he was doing awesome and that he needed now to cap off the weekend with a goal (which he got the following night).

No, I am not taking credit for the goal :silly:

Anyways, the dude is laid back very easy to get along with. He explained to me what a draftee goes through when they get to camp and what he expected when he reported to Devils camp. Which I was right again. He said he would spend a year in Albany and I said he'd only spend half a season. Darn I'm good, but I give credit to him.

I only wish he'd get in shape so that we can watch Calgary games and see him beat the crap out of people.