SiouxSports.com Forum

Final 5 information/suggestions

CMSioux

It looks good for me attending the Final 5 at the Xcel this year. I'm looking for suggestions on an moderately priced hotel that would be close to the Xcel. Is there a specific hotel that UND fans use?

If I end up going alone are there UND socials a person could attend?

What about the best way to purchase tickets?

Thanks in advance.

I have only been to two Final Fives, but here goes...

A lot of fans stay at the Holiday Inn across from the X, but rooms are most likely completely booked by this point. I believe the Radisson Hotel is quite popular as well.

If you end up going alone there are UND fan socials at various locations downtown. I believe someone on SiouxSports hosts a breakfast social.

As far as tickets go, my first year I purchased Club seats from someone on Craigslist. Last year, my friends and I purchased tickets after the 1st round playoff series and got seats from Ticketmaster in the lower bowl behind the net. This year, my friends and I purchased our tickets from Ticketmaster last week and got center ice seats.

I have only been to two Final Fives, but here goes...

A lot of fans stay at the Holiday Inn across from the X, but rooms are most likely completely booked by this point. I believe the Radisson Hotel is quite popular as well.

If you end up going alone there are UND fan socials at various locations downtown. I believe someone on SiouxSports hosts a breakfast social.

As far as tickets go, my first year I purchased Club seats from someone on Craigslist. Last year, my friends and I purchased tickets after the 1st round playoff series and got seats from Ticketmaster in the lower bowl behind the net. This year, my friends and I purchased our tickets from Ticketmaster last week and got center ice seats.

Try the Hilton Garden downtown St Paul. About $129 a night and is within walking distance. Kelly inn is much cheaper, but it is about a 1 1/2 walk

Try the Hilton Garden downtown St Paul. About $129 a night and is within walking distance. Kelly inn is much cheaper, but it is about a 1 1/2 walk

We stay at the Kelly Inn & the rooms aren't any cheaper. I think this year we got quoted prices of $159 a night. It takes us about 10 - 15 minutes to walk to the game, not really that far. Just a little jaunt on the way back as you have to walk up hill. They do have shuttles from the Kelly Inn though.

A fun sports bar in St Paul...its a Chicago and cop bar...and the waitresses like low cut shirts and hot pants. It is quick walk to the X and they run a shuttle to and from

Hey can you post the address to this... :D:lol: Sounds like a great bar...

We've stayed at the Hilton Garden more often than not (only stayed elsewhere three different years) and I think it's the best. You can walk via the skywalk to the X, it's close to everything game/party related, the rooms are fine-fridge and microwave, and they have ample parking. The one time we stayed at the Holiday Inn, they ran out of hot water, parking is not sufficient for the number of rooms, no fridge or microwave and a drunk fan from a rival team tried to start a fight with my kid. We stayed at the Crown Plaza, too expensive for me but everything else close to the X was booked that year. Holiday Inn at Bandanna (?) was a short drive away but the traffic was a beast before and after the games. There are lots of hotels near MOA but I'm not into shopping during the F5 and, again, would have to drive to the games.

We stay at the embassy. It is two blocks from alarys about a mile from the x. Has two full beds...pullout couch...fridge....bar....etc. good free breakfast with attached restaurant and bar. Always take the alarys shuttle two and from unless its warm out the its a nice walk. Can't recall the rate off hand but tons of Sioux fans stay there.

We stay at the embassy. It is two blocks from alarys about a mile from the x. Has two full beds...pullout couch...fridge....bar....etc. good free breakfast with attached restaurant and bar. Always take the alarys shuttle two and from unless its warm out the its a nice walk. Can't recall the rate off hand but tons of Sioux fans stay there.

Embassy Suites are awesome, I stayed at one in McAllen Texas last summer and the managers reception was awesome free food and drinks... Made to order omlets in the morning for breakfast. I had a huge king size bed as well that was big enough for five people.

Edited by Goon

Embassy Suites are awesome, I stayed at one in McAllen Texas last summer and the managers reception was awesome free food and drinks... Made to order omlets in the morning for breakfast. I had a huge king size bed as well that was big enough for five people.

Holy crap, Goon. I didn't know you were into.....well, you know....five people in a bed!!! :blush:

:lol:

• Upvote 1