SiouxSports.com Forum

INCH Power Rankings

airmail

I'd give INCH a bench minor -- 2 weeks ranked at #1 compared to an article about Goalie Curses, no mention of Gino and/or CB in their top ranked college coaches, bench minors to the city of Grand Forks and Matt Greene -- who else (at this point in the year) are they going to rank #1? They did give some love to the Red Pepper ..... and Tim Hennesey likes talking to Jess from INCH ..... they are another source for college hockey so that's good, but are they Sioux friendly? no ...

I'd give INCH a bench minor -- 2 weeks ranked at #1 compared to an article about Goalie Curses, no mention of Gino and/or CB in their top ranked college coaches, bench minors to the city of Grand Forks and Matt Greene -- who else (at this point in the year) are they going to rank #1? They did give some love to the Red Pepper ..... and Tim Hennesey likes talking to Jess from INCH ..... they are another source for college hockey so that's good, but are they Sioux friendly? no ...

like I said earlier, College Hockey Enquirer

I actually find their general stories more interesting than USCHO's (general stories = not to be confused with USCHOs excellent game recaps :silly: ). However, part of the "interesting" is that they try to be more controversial, inject a lot more opinion, write more light-hearted, and let the pulse of the fans (message boards) influence their writing. A lot of those traits make their writing seem less professional, but they seem to have consciously chosen to do something different from competing with USCHO on seeing who can deliver the hardcore news the quickest.

They do seem to have the pipeline into UND's official photographer (and none others) since a S. Gaddini photo graces the front page EVERY week. Perhaps that's just an attempt to placate some of you (since we can tell from their articles that they devour the message boards).

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7Archiv...wizard_0212.htm

The comparison of Maine and ND is a riot. A real treat. I love having access to another college hockey website.

I thought that was great too but I don't know where they got that "players don't go to class" thing.

It's happened but Blais has been very upfront about addressing it and I doubt that is no different than anywhere else. That one kind of bugs me that they would make it sound like our players don't go to class.

I enjoy INCH. They provide good information and don't take themselves too seriously. A person doesn't always have to agree with their point of view, but I think they are very knowledgeable. Keep in mind for as few writers as they have, they kick out a lot of info.

Sure, sometimes it reads like a rag, but USCHO does too as does this board on occasion.

I met the two main INCH guys in Buffalo last year and they are humorous, fans of the game and had some nice things to say about ND and our tradition. I can't fault that!