SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Trivia

Sioux-cia

Yeah, I was at that game. It was raining so hard outside that some of the concourse started to flood. You couldn't see the puck because of the fog. I was so mad when they called the game. I remember that we almost scored right before the second intermission, which would have given us the win instead of the tie.

I had Thunder Bay in mind. Was thinking DePieros though, not Johnson. I didn't know Greg had a brother at UND. Amazing how much talent we've gotten from Thunder Bay.

Genoways are from Morden. The Sioux have also done very well in that little area. Davidson is also from Morden, and I think the Sioux have had other players from there. Eddie was from Carman. Dustin Penner was from Winkler--was he on the Sioux radar after playing in Bottineau?

OK, since that one's answered : Two pairs of brothers from this town scored over 450 points?

Real points or do phantom assists count? Greg Johnson had more phantom assists than probably anyone ever in college hockey. The worst one I ever saw was Johnson came off the bench, never was in the play or even touched the puck, but still got an assist. That guy got assists for just being in the building when a goal was scored.

• Downvote 1

Real points or do phantom assists count? Greg Johnson had more phantom assists than probably anyone ever in college hockey. The worst one I ever saw was Johnson came off the bench, never was in the play or even touched the puck, but still got an assist. That guy got assists for just being in the building when a goal was scored.

You're full of it.

450 points divided by four brothers...two sets?

There are a few in Sioux lore- Johnsons and Panzers and Hoogsteens for sure.....Burgraffs, DePieros, almost any brother set with the Panzers or Johnsons...Greg and Corey Johnson has 309 career points, the Panzers had 372, the Hoogsteens had 267, Burgraffs 199, DePieros 200

So the real question is what two sets of brothers had 681 points?!

450 points divided by four brothers...two sets?

There are a few in Sioux lore- Johnsons and Panzers and Hoogsteens for sure.....Burgraffs, DePieros, almost any brother set with the Panzers or Johnsons...Greg and Corey Johnson has 309 career points, the Panzers had 372, the Hoogsteens had 267, Burgraffs 199, DePieros 200

So the real question is what two sets of brothers had 681 points?!

Yeah, that's right for the high number, but I was looking for the town that had four bothers with over 450. With the Panzers up there at 372, though, you'd think another GF pair would get them up over 450.

Yeah, that's right for the high number, but I was looking for the town that had four bothers with over 450. With the Panzers up there at 372, though, you'd think another GF pair would get them up over 450.

I would think that Steve and Chad Johnson would do that. I believe that they have well over 200 points between them.

I would think that Steve and Chad Johnson would do that. I believe that they have well over 200 points between them.

If that's true, and if Hoogsteen/DePiero/Thunder Bay is the closest competition, GF gets the brothers award for total points. Jeez, Panzers' 372 is a lot of points. They must have put up some scary numbers at Central.

If that's true, and if Hoogsteen/DePiero/Thunder Bay is the closest competition, GF gets the brothers award for total points. Jeez, Panzers' 372 is a lot of points. They must have put up some scary numbers at Central.

I believe it is Panzer/Johnson from Grand Forks and Hoogsteen/Johnson from Thunder Bay. My quick math says 585 points from the Grand Forks group and 576 from Thunder Bay. Any way you look at it, that is a lot of points. And I think it's safe to say that Johnson is the highest scoring last name in UND history.

I believe it is Panzer/Johnson from Grand Forks and Hoogsteen/Johnson from Thunder Bay. My quick math says 585 points from the Grand Forks group and 576 from Thunder Bay. Any way you look at it, that is a lot of points. And I think it's safe to say that Johnson is the highest scoring last name in UND history.

Gotta ask. Lowest scoring brother team in UND history? Maybe we let that one go. :D

I think that you could find some in the single digits. All answers can be found in the Media Guide where they have the entire list of past players.

If you require 4 year players with a minimum amount of games played each season for both, JP Lamoureux and Mario might take one following next season.

If you require 4 year players with a minimum amount of games played each season for both, JP Lamoureux and Mario might take one following next season.

Two problems with your scenario. You eliminate anyone that played before the late 60s or early 70s. College players in all sports were not allowed to play varsity sports as a freshman before that time, I don't think you will find any 4 year players during those years. And it isn't fair to compare pairs for low scoring if you include goalies.

Lowest scoring pair of brothers I found were John and James Knauf. They each played 1 year during the middle 50s. James scored 1 goal, which was the only point that either scored.