SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Post Season

Matt

If UND would agree to an every other year deal- the game would happen in 2012.

I'll play too.

If Gene would agree to a home and home contract with the game happening two consecutive years it would happen.

Boy pointing the finger at someone else is pretty easy. I see why you guys do it all the time.

The conference Robert Morris plays in only allows its members to fund no more than 34 scholarships for football: http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2010/11/23/rmu-3-4-defense-but-34-scholarships/

What a joke. Meanwhile Montana is sitting at home. Maybe they should have moved Minnesota-Duluth into the FCS playoffs. Doesn't the NSIC allow almost as many schollies? Nevertheless, it will be proclaimed by the local media as another historic D-I moment for NDSU, just like that first FCS game and victory against non-scholly Valporaiso. ;)

The conference Robert Morris plays in only allows its members to fund no more than 34 scholarships for football: http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2010/11/23/rmu-3-4-defense-but-34-scholarships/

That sure does not help the credibility of FCS ball. I still say if the Bison want to see a game in Bozeman, they damn well better figure something out on offense or this 34 scholly team could beat us. It is not like the Bison are competent on offense this year. The only worse offenses I have seen this year are UND and the Vikings.

What a joke. Meanwhile Montana is sitting at home. Maybe they should have moved Minnesota-Duluth into the FCS playoffs. Doesn't the NSIC allow almost as many schollies? Nevertheless, it will be proclaimed by the local media as another historic D-I moment for NDSU, just like that first FCS game and victory against non-scholly Valporaiso. ;)

If the Griz didn't want to sit at home, they should have played a stronger schedule. The Griz clearly inflicted their own wound on this one.

ndsu didn't choose who they had to play. Also, a win in the postseason is a big deal and when its the first at home in 20+ years its kind of historic for a lot of fans.

• Upvote 1

34 is the MAX allowed. They fund 28. huh.gif

It would be easy to overlook RMU, a school that offers 28 football scholarships and plays in the relatively obscure Northeast Conference. source

Or, they did fund 28.

Robert Morris football will be docked 1.89 scholarships for falling below the Academic Progress Rate threshold.source

Of course, none of this matters as UND is not playoff eligible anyway and will not be playing this weekend.

• Upvote 1

ndsu didn't choose who they had to play. Also, a win in the postseason is a big deal and when its the first at home in 20+ years its kind of historic for a lot of fans.

No criticism of NDSU, just the glowing media coverage it inevitably will garner. It's a shame the NCAA chooses to award an autobid to a conference that offers substantially less than the maximum number of scholarships while other worthy teams -- including Great West champ Southern Utah -- are left out in the cold.

They had a lot of fun with our attendance in the playoffs (even though we had home playoff games every year for 6-7 years). Lets see how many people they get to show up when:

- Everyone has to buy a ticket. Everyone. Students, season ticket holders, faculty, parents.

- They can't have 2 for 1's at Stop and Go.

- It is Thanksgiving Weekend = No Students

- They can't lie about there attendance because season tickets don't count anymore.

- They are playing the worst team in the entire field which was a complete gift by the committee.

I am guessing there will be 10-11k.

I see I have been ripped apart by my prediction above. I am sticking by it, however. Bison fans are going to be in for a rude awakening when it comes to playoff attendance. $25/ticket is pretty expensive for the average fan, plus as I stated earlier everyone has to buy one now, even students.

I tried out their ticket process and found 4 tickets all together in Section 2, Row 3 (40 yard line). With Thanksgiving coming up hardly anybody is going to buy any on Wed or Thurs so that leaves Friday and the walkup crowd on Saturday. Better be one hell of a walkup.

We will see on Saturday night.

No criticism of NDSU, just the glowing media coverage it inevitably will garner. It's a shame the NCAA chooses to award an autobid to a conference that offers substantially less than the maximum number of scholarships while other worthy teams -- including Great West champ Southern Utah -- are left out in the cold.

with the expansion to 20- no worthy teams were left out this year. Montana's best win was Sac St, SUU was 6-5 (4-3 against scholly FCS), Cal Poly only had 6 DI wins. None of the last teams had great years themselves (presumably Robert Morris, Coastal Car, NDSU, SC State) - that being said- I will take the playoff game ;

UND won't agree to that, that is why Taylor is willing to offer it.

I don't care if they play every year, every other year, every 5 years, or never again.

As long as Gene Taylor is at NDSU, it ain't happening.

Faison is the one who wants the game bad, beggars can't be choosers ;)

I see I have been ripped apart by my prediction above. I am sticking by it, however. Bison fans are going to be in for a rude awakening when it comes to playoff attendance. $25/ticket is pretty expensive for the average fan, plus as I stated earlier everyone has to buy one now, even students.

I tried out their ticket process and found 4 tickets all together in Section 2, Row 3 (40 yard line). With Thanksgiving coming up hardly anybody is going to buy any on Wed or Thurs so that leaves Friday and the walkup crowd on Saturday. Better be one hell of a walkup.

We will see on Saturday night.

Well sort of ;)

NDSU bought 500 tickets to give to students. Might change your prediction a little.

Is there going to be statewide TV for the biggest football game in NDSU history?

If the Griz didn't want to sit at home, they should have played a stronger schedule. The Griz clearly inflicted their own wound on this one.

Stronger schedule...no.

Self inflicted...yes. If they don't give the game to MSU w one turnover after another, they go and you sit.

I hope the Bison can take care of business on Saturday as I am planning on traveling to Bozeman.:silly:

I predict the the Fargodome will have between 16-17k on Saturday.. I'm hoping for a sellout but with the students on break might not happen..

I heard from one of my good NDSU friends in Fargo, ticket sales are more than solid. He thinks 16K is a given,

Stronger schedule...no.

Self inflicted...yes. If they don't give the game to MSU w one turnover after another, they go and you sit.

:silly: Yep.. Sometimes the ball bounces your way.. The Griz fans are not happy. I was browsing EGRIZ board earlier in the week and coach is on the hot seat bigtime...:sad:

:silly: Yep.. Sometimes the ball bounces your way.. The Griz fans are not happy. I was browsing EGRIZ board earlier in the week and coach is on the hot seat bigtime...:sad:

Not that former Griz coach, Bobby Hauck's gig at UNLV is on solid footings...but least he has strippers, hookers and gambling!

Oh wait...my Griz season ticket holder buddy said he has those things in Missoula too!

Stronger schedule...no.

One of the wins was against a D2 team....sorry buddy, but the Griz screwed themselves. it was down to SOS and NDSU beat the Griz on that one. Our non-FCS win was against a Big 12 team. When you look at that it is damn obvious who will get t he bid.

One of the wins was against a D2 team....sorry buddy, but the Griz screwed themselves. it was down to SOS and NDSU beat the Griz on that one. Our non-FCS win was against a Big 12 team. When you look at that it is damn obvious who will get t he bid.

The Griz beat MSU on the last game of the season and they are in and you are out...period. Scheduling arguments are hindsight for a season that is just over. Do you think the KU game was penciled in as a win before the year started? Not even 99% of Phil Hanson wannabe's from Bisonville would of predicted that. So the schedule is what it is this year for both schools. You won a game that 9 of out 10 times you lose and the Griz piss one down their legs vs. MSU. This year the Griz screwed themselves by not beating MSU in a game they should of probably won. This year NDSU gets a win vs. KU that very few thought would happen. NDSU's win vs. KU got them into the playoffs coupled with the fact that MSU beat the Griz. The two games I'm referencing are not independent in this whole playoff scenerio. Frankly, your scheduling argument doesn't hold water IMO.

The Griz beat MSU on the last game of the season and they are in and you are out...period. Scheduling arguments are hindsight for a season that is just over. Do you think the KU game was penciled in as a win before the year started? Not even 99% of Phil Hanson wannabe's from Bisonville would of predicted that. So the schedule is what it is this year for both schools. You won a game that 9 of out 10 times you lose and the Griz piss one down their legs vs. MSU. This year the Griz screwed themselves by not beating MSU in a game they should of probably won. This year NDSU gets a win vs. KU that very few thought would happen. NDSU's win vs. KU got them into the playoffs coupled with the fact that MSU beat the Griz. The two games I'm referencing are not independent in this whole playoff scenerio. Frankly, your scheduling argument doesn't hold water IMO.

Sorry you can't see the obvious.....perhaps an eye doctor could help you with your myopia. ;) Of course the Griz would have been in had they beat MSU.....they would have had a better record than NDSU. When 2 teams have the same record, you need to look to SOS when seeing who has the best shot at the playoffs. The D2 game screwed the Griz. pretty obvious........ :lol:

Sorry you can't see the obvious.....perhaps an eye doctor could help you with your myopia. ;) Of course the Griz would have been in had they beat MSU.....they would have had a better record than NDSU. When 2 teams have the same record, you need to look to SOS when seeing who has the best shot at the playoffs. The D2 game screwed the Griz. pretty obvious........ :lol:

We'll agree to disagree...NDSU is in the playoffs mainly due to a game they shouldn't have won: The KU game. Your same record argument takes into accout that it was a given that NDSU would beat KU. It happened but wasn't a 7th win factored into the minds of Bohl and Taylor prior to the start of the season. You can point to the Griz scheduling a D2 game, which is what it is, but if the Griz beat a cupcake FCS team over a D2 team, like this year and still lose to MSU and NDSU still beats KU...the Griz are still out. Pretty obvious! Montana in the final poll was still ranked higher than NDSU so a non-conference win over a patsy FCS team instead of a D2 team doesn't get you past the fact they needed to beat MSU under any scheduling scenerio you want to propose...again pretty obvious. ;)