SiouxSports.com Forum

Nov. 21st Headline "Blaisers New Team Sweeps Old Team"

lomackman

We're a few days early to be discussing Omaha. One weekend at a time. :)

Agreed. I may take alot of flak for this too, but I am not fully convinced yet that UNO has been truly challenged. Don't get me wrong, they are looking really good, but there is alot of season and alot of good teams.

I think, pending on what the Sioux do in Wisconson (specifically defensively and in net) that the Sioux should be able to split with UNO. None the less, it will be a fun series.

Considering the up and down nature of this year's Fighting Sioux team, this could very well happen. And if Blais sticks around in Omaha, I could see you winning a national title as well.

This certainly promises to quickly grow into a very intense rivalry along I-29. Especially so long as Blais is in charge there. UNO may make their run this year.

Sadly, The Dean may soon be off to drive the big corn picking machine over at The John. It has done broke down and gone John Hill with The Don at the helm.

Agreed. I may take alot of flak for this too, but I am not fully convinced yet that UNO has been truly challenged. Don't get me wrong, they are looking really good, but there is alot of season and alot of good teams.

I think, pending on what the Sioux do in Wisconson (specifically defensively and in net) that the Sioux should be able to split with UNO. None the less, it will be a fun series.

Fun series for sure. After watching UNO and the Goofers I think that might be the best games to watch all season. The style that both teams play is going to make one great exciting series to watch. Now if Blaiser was not there then I would not think this. I just have astrong belief in Blais since the 80's. Heck look what happend when he left the first time. The whole program went south without him.

Fun series for sure. After watching UNO and the Goofers I think that might be the best games to watch all season. The style that both teams play is going to make one great exciting series to watch. Now if Blaiser was not there then I would not think this. I just have astrong belief in Blais since the 80's. Heck look what happend when he left the first time. The whole program went south without him.

Blaiser's Good, but we will be all that better by then. No way (hoping) we get swept.

Blaiser's Good, but we will be all that better by then. No way (hoping) we get swept.

I think it will come down to attitude.

UNO is much better than thought. Some of it is Blais, but not all of it.

We take this series as seriously as we take the Minnesota, Denver, or Wisconsin series, and I think we'll be fine. If we take this series lightly, they'll put up points.

This certainly promises to quickly grow into a very intense rivalry along I-29. Especially so long as Blais is in charge there. UNO may make their run this year.

Sadly, The Dean may soon be off to drive the big corn picking machine over at The John. It has done broke down and gone John Hill with The Don at the helm.

Blazer is not going to rodentland. Never.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am going to go out on a limb, cut it off if you like, and predict that UNO sweeps UND in Omaha, Friday 5-3 and Saturday 4-2. I believe in Blaiser too much I think. Second prediction to be made. UNO National Champs in either 2013 or 2014.

I have the same fear. It's all Blais too. Best coach in college hockey. I graduated from UND in 2007 and moved to Omaha. Since then I have been waiting for UNO to join the WCHA. The Qwest is fun. Hopefully it goes green.

I have the same fear. It's all Blais too. Best coach in college hockey. I graduated from UND in 2007 and moved to Omaha. Since then I have been waiting for UNO to join the WCHA. The Qwest is fun. Hopefully it goes green.

Being you're from Omaha...........what's the deal with hockey on TV down there? Does Omaha ever televise their hockey? If so, I'm wondering about us back here in ND getting to see the game.

Blais' boys keep proving people wrong - Thus far all opposing coaches say - we played slow and poorly on Friday and Saturday UNO wears teams down. I look forward the UND saying we played really slow on Friday as well! I believe this will be a historic series, and in five years this will be the top rivalry in the WCHA. With the BTHC on the horizon UND will be begging for a rivalry and the old Northern Sun opponent in UNO makes the most sense.

Being you're from Omaha...........what's the deal with hockey on TV down there? Does Omaha ever televise their hockey? If so, I'm wondering about us back here in ND getting to see the game.

Televised rarely, and if so its on public television. Good news: it's in HD. Seems to me like it would be a worthy series to televise. UNO people remember UND fondly, and miss the NCC days.