SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ Wisconsin

AZSIOUX

I'd take him. The Buffalo Sabres would take him. If Jeff Frazee can get a shot, a guy that's won 20+ games each of his years in college will get a shot.

Here is the GAA for the WCHA.

Goals Against Average: Minutes GA GAA

1 Kenny Reiter Minnesota Duluth JR 186:22 5 1.61

2 Aaron Crandall Minnesota Duluth FR 183:17 5 1.64

3 Brett Bennett Wisconsin SR 125:00 4 1.92

4 Scott Gudmandson Wisconsin SR 244:01 8 1.97

5 Kent Patterson Minnesota JR 271:13 9 1.99

6 John Faulkner Nebraska-Omaha SO 240:00 9 2.25

7 Sam Brittain Denver FR 348:05 14 2.41

8 Aaron Dell North Dakota SO 240:58 10 2.49

9 Mike Lee St. Cloud State SO 120:00 5 2.50

10 Dan Dunn St. Cloud State SR 119:25 5 2.51

11 Rob Gunderson Alaska Anchorage FR 185:07 8 2.59

12 Mathieu Dugas Bemidji State SO 124:48 6 2.88

13 Phil Cook Minnesota State SO 402:57 20 2.98

14 Kevin Genoe Michigan Tech SO 229:05 12 3.14

15 Dan Bakala Bemidji State JR 244:10 13 3.19

16 Joe Howe Colorado College SO 319:36 19 3.57

17 Alex Kangas Minnesota SR 211:47 19 5.38

Save Percentage.

1 Aaron Crandall Minnesota Duluth FR 72 5 .935

2 Scott Gudmandson Wisconsin SR 112 8 .933

3 Kenny Reiter Minnesota Duluth JR 68 5 .932

4 John Faulkner Nebraska-Omaha SO 119 9 .930

5 Mike Lee St. Cloud State SO 63 5 .926

6 Brett Bennett Wisconsin SR 50 4 .926

7 Kent Patterson Minnesota JR 111 9 .925

8 Sam Brittain Denver FR 171 14 .924

9 Phil Cook Minnesota State SO 211 20 .913

10 Kevin Genoe Michigan Tech SO 118 12 .908

11 Mathieu Dugas Bemidji State SO 55 6 .902

12 Dan Bakala Bemidji State JR 104 13 .889

Dan Dunn St. Cloud State SR 40 5 .889

14 Aaron Dell North Dakota SO 73 10 .880

15 Rob Gunderson Alaska Anchorage FR 58 8 .879

16 Joe Howe Colorado College SO 136 19 .877

17 Alex Kangas Minnesota SR 124 19 .867

Ok, so how you would grade his performance so far this year? I would say that Aaron Dell has looked a lot better from what I have seen this season.

He has struggled some so far this year. Dell played about the same as Eidsness before this weekend, but Dell had a pretty good weekend.

Pro teams don't make decisions on signing players based on their performance in a couple of games. They don't even make the decisions based on a single season. They scout for years. They look for things that they can fix or potential for the players to improve. Buffalo likes Eidsness and if he wants to go pro at the end of the season they will sign him. He would probably start in the AHL, but if he struggles throughout the season he might start down another level. This is from Hockey Futures, I would trust their opinion a little more than the average sports rube:

Bradley Eidsness

Prospect Grade: 6.5 D (About Prospect Grades)

Profile Contributed By: HF Staff

History

2006-07: In 48 games with the Okotoks Oilers (AJHL), the goaltender posted a 2.87 GAA and a .907 save percentage in 48 games.

2007-08: This was Eidsness

3-4 games doesn't make a career.

So, do actually think he will play in the NHL or even the AHL for that matter? Seriously? Of the goalies we have had since Karl G, have you ever seen a Sioux Starting goalie with a Save % below 80%? Do you know how long it will take for him to get it above 90%?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He has struggled some so far this year. Dell played about the same as Eidsness before this weekend, but Dell had a pretty good weekend.

Pro teams don't make decisions on signing players based on their performance in a couple of games. They don't even make the decisions based on a single season. They scout for years. They look for things that they can fix or potential for the players to improve. Buffalo likes Eidsness and if he wants to go pro at the end of the season they will sign him. He would probably start in the AHL, but if he struggles throughout the season he might start down another level. This is from Hockey Futures, I would trust their opinion a little more than the average sports rube:

You know what I hope he does sign, that would be great, I encourage the Sabres to sign him at the end of this season, as a Bruins fan it works for me. I hope they start him right away. :lol: :lol: :D :D

So, do actually think he will play in the NHL or even the AHL for that matter? Seriously? Of the goalies we have had since Karl G, have you ever seen a Sioux Starting goalie with a Save % below 80%? Do you know how long it will take for him to get it above 90%?

It would take him stopping the next 62 shots to get to 90% the quickest. He hasn't played that many games, so it isn't a huge accomplishment to get from where he is to 90%. Maybe you forgot his stats from last year, they were pretty good:

Brad Eidsness 41-38 2391:23 84 2.11 891 .914 24 10 4

It would take him stopping the next 62 shots to get to 90% the quickest. He hasn't played that many games, so it isn't a huge accomplishment to get from where he is to 90%. Maybe you forgot his stats from last year, they were pretty good:

I am just saying do you know how long with our defense it would take to get to 62 straight shots? He would probably need to get 3-4 games and a shut out or about 3 GAA in about 90 shots.

• Upvote 1

Eidsness will get his fair share of starts this season, it's not like Hakstol is locked into Dell already.

And I would bet that Eidsness will be back in a UND uniform next season, even though he is graduating early.

Do hockey players ever lose their passion for the game and just want to move on to something else? I'm just asking.

I think Eids has a lot to offer the team and I hope he gets a chance to prove it to all you nervous nellies.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am just saying do you know how long with our defense it would take to get to 62 straight shots? He would probably need to get 3-4 games and a shut out or about 3 GAA in about 90 shots.

In the 4 games against Maine and Denver the opponents averaged over 30 shots on goal. That would be 2 shutouts. Duluth had 28 on Saturday night. There are 28 games left, including the exhibition against the Under 18 team. Eidsness will probably play about half of them if he starts playing better and that is plenty of time to improve his stats. And as long as he wins games, I don't really care if his save percentage is 90% or not.

What about the Debbie Downers. :)

Yeah, them, too!

They're everywhere!! Just change the names and this sounds like he's talking about some Sioux fans.

"whatever happened to Tiger fans talking !@#$, getting drunk, and pissing everyone else off while we root like hell for our team?!? now it's just people finding something else to complain about, whether it's KW making the team, Miles sucking, Crowton sucking, JJ sucking, etc. geez, we've turned into bammers.

let's get behind this team and get our minds right!"

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=21980842

• Upvote 1

The recent goalie play is a very positive development. Going into the season, my number one concern was goaltending depth; if Eidsness were unavailable, we didn't have much evidence that Dell could do the job. Now I feel Dell is capable.

As for Eidsness, most of the comments here look like people searching for something to talk about. If the photo was a panorama of the entire Sioux bench, I'll bet they all looked about the same. Maybe they're all bad teammates then, and have lost their passion for the game.

Eidsness' last outing was very soid; he gave up two goals to Denver: a PPG that Belfour and Roy couldn't stop and a fantastic breakaway goal by Zucker. He made some tough saves and allowed no softies.

To borrow from Hak from the past, this team is getting close to being very good.

The recent goalie play is a very positive development. Going into the season, my number one concern was goaltending depth; if Eidsness were unavailable, we didn't have much evidence that Dell could do the job. Now I feel Dell is capable.

As for Eidsness, most of the comments here look like people searching for something to talk about. If the photo was a panorama of the entire Sioux bench, I'll bet they all looked about the same. Maybe they're all bad teammates then, and have lost their passion for the game.

Eidsness' last outing was very soid; he gave up two goals to Denver: a PPG that Belfour and Roy couldn't stop and a fantastic breakaway goal by Zucker. He made some tough saves and allowed no softies.

To borrow from Hak from the past, this team is getting close to being very good.

Thank you for saying what I've been thinking.

I'm confident that Eids is going to rebound from the rough start that he has had. We just need to battle through this tough stretch here and we will be ok. If Eids can regain the form he had in the second half of last season, we'll be in business. Heck, if he's even at 50% of that form we'll be okay.

Boy, guess I started a discussion topic....wow..... :lol:

I thought Eidsness was good in the last game he played against Denver, the goals he gave up weren't his fault, and he gave the team a great chance to win the game. I'm guessing that Brad will get a start in Wisconsin and he needs to go out there and prove why he was the #1 guy the past two years.

Hopefully Dell continues his strong play though, its been encouraging to watch.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was extremely happy with Eidsness' performance against Denver on saturday, his team just couldn't get it going. Surprised he didn't get a shot against UMD though. I still don't trust Dell for some reason.

• Downvote 1

Boy, guess I started a discussion topic....wow..... :lol:

I thought Eidsness was good in the last game he played against Denver, the goals he gave up weren't his fault, and he gave the team a great chance to win the game. I'm guessing that Brad will get a start in Wisconsin and he needs to go out there and prove why he was the #1 guy the past two years.

Playing at the Kohl Center would be a good test for Dell. I've had to watch the Sioux fall to comebacks there a number of times--that crowd can really be a momentum factor. Since it's a home football weekend, the place will be a little drunker and rowdier, I would guess.

Can't wait.

I don't suppose that means it's also on FSSN?

Traditionally, I can tell you since about 2000 that a lot of the UW and UND games in Madison have ended up on MIDCO.NET in Grand Forks, ND.

I can't speak for the rest of the ND towns.