SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ Wisconsin

AZSIOUX

The Sioux are coming off a split to UMD. The Sioux played very well Friday and got a solid victory behind Dell. They were just a little less crisp Saturday losing on a nice play in OT to the dogs. The Badgers made the Gophers look like a jv squad on Friday doing whatever they wanted in a blowout. They then had to battle back for a 3-3 tie Saturday. GO SIOUX!!

WCHA Standings

water bottle

und.gif

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 5-4-1

Conference Record, WCHA: 4-2-0, 8 points

Home: 2-2-0 / Away: 2-2-1 / Neutral: 1-0-0

Fighting Sioux Hockey Home Page

bucky.gif

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 6-2-2 (.700)

Conference Record, WCHA: 3-1-2, 8 points

Home: 4-0-0 / Away: 1-1-2 / Neutral: 1-1-0

Badgers Hockey Home Page

This will be my first trip to Madison. Pretty excited about the trip. There is also a home football game on saturday so I think State street will be pretty crazy (I've heard its pretty fun all the time).

I dont think Mario will have to sit out a game, The hit was on my end of the ice but I didnt see it at all. Generally for checking from behind they dont suspend players unless it causes serious injury or is a blatent cheap shot.

Have to get a split out of this series. Anything more than 2 points would be huge, anything less would be upsetting. Right now Aaron Dell is the guy that needs to be in the net. The goaltending was good this weekend, can't complain about that.

Maybe it was just me, but it seemed to me like Brad Eidsness had the woe is me attitude around the rink this weekend. From watching him in warmups to his body language on the bench.....When Eidsness is in the net Dell is up and watching the game at the end of the bench, Eidsness just sat back in a chair and I think just watched the game on the scoreboard. I'm a big Eidsness fan so I hope that I was the only one that saw this out of him this weekend. Its not like the coaches are shorting him in any way, his play has warranted more time for Dell in the net.

As a former goalie I always watch stupid stuff like that because the relationship between the goaltenders on the team is always kind of a unique one. You want whats best for the team, but at the same time you want to be the guy in the net. At times you find yourself almost cheering against the team because the success of the other guy means that you don't get to play.

Ahhh the Psychology of goaltending..... :blush:

• Upvote 1

Have to get a split out of this series. Anything more than 2 points would be huge, anything less would be upsetting. Right now Aaron Dell is the guy that needs to be in the net. The goaltending was good this weekend, can't complain about that.

Maybe it was just me, but it seemed to me like Brad Eidsness had the woe is me attitude around the rink this weekend. From watching him in warmups to his body language on the bench.....When Eidsness is in the net Dell is up and watching the game at the end of the bench, Eidsness just sat back in a chair and I think just watched the game on the scoreboard. I'm a big Eidsness fan so I hope that I was the only one that saw this out of him this weekend. Its not like the coaches are shorting him in any way, his play has warranted more time for Dell in the net.

As a former goalie I always watch stupid stuff like that because the relationship between the goaltenders on the team is always kind of a unique one. You want whats best for the team, but at the same time you want to be the guy in the net. At times you find yourself almost cheering against the team because the success of the other guy means that you don't get to play.

Wow...I hope what you were seeing isn't reflective of his attitude. I can see feeling that way as a pee wee or bantam, but not in a major DI college hockey program. You have to be a good teammate.

I saw that too and if look at this picture you will see it as well. Personally, I don't think the Sioux can afford to play Eids right now if the other goalie is playing better than him.

North-Dakota@-Maine-hockey-1-600x376.jpg

I saw that too and if look at this picture you will see it as well. Personally, I don't think the Sioux can afford to play Eids right now if the other goalie is playing better than him.

Ya know all these players have been the man on their respective teams prior to joining the Sioux and Eids is no different. He just needs to suck it up and be a man about it and work harder to get his ass back in there. I'm fine with Dell in there as it really doesn't matter to me who is there as long as they give the team a chance to win and Dell did that this weekend.

Is there any TV info yet? Will Sensors have the game on? Thanks

Fridays game is on FSN Wisconsin...anyone with satellite can see it. Channel 669 on Directv...dont have dish # handy but it will be on an alt channel (444-475)

Saturday's game is only on TVW which is the "My Network" affiliate in Madison so no TV Saturday :(

Also it shows Friday on FSN North tape delayed at 10:00 (???)

• Upvote 1

Before the starting intros on Friday when the players were all lined up on the glass Eidsness wasn't close to anybody.....he moped back there, and was the last guy up to the blue line when the team skated up there before the anthem.

That photo was basically his body language the entire weekend.....looking like he didn't give a damn about anything.....

Before the starting intros on Friday when the players were all lined up on the glass Eidsness wasn't close to anybody.....he moped back there, and was the last guy up to the blue line when the team skated up there before the anthem.

That photo was basically his body language the entire weekend.....looking like he didn't give a damn about anything.....

Conference championship freshman year, number two goaltender in conference sophomore year...Each year he struggled a little bit but ended up hot down the road. Wouldn't you be a little perturbed to if your coach didn't have enough faith in you to let you work out the kinks after you have earned the starting job the previous two years. I am sure he will be graduating this year, early btw, and then not sticking around and leaving as soon as the season is over.

Maybe that expression is because he gave up 3 goals in 10 minutes and is now having to watch the opposing team celebrate in front of him after being pulled?

Would any of you look happy in that situation?

I have kind of noticed that as well. Like an old football coach told me a long time ago If you wants to play, show me you deserve to play. I guess we could suggest he start playing better and limiting weak goals. Competition between two goalies is healthy and should challenge him to play better, not sulk on the bench.

Maybe that expression is because he gave up 3 goals in 10 minutes and is now having to watch the opposing team celebrate in front of him after being pulled?

Would any of you look happy in that situation?

I think that picture is from the second night in Maine. I got it from the article after Maine Swept the Sioux.

I am sure he will be graduating this year, early btw, and then not sticking around and leaving as soon as the season is over.

I am fine with that. More power to him, more to life than sports. Where is he going to play? Do you know many professional leagues that would take him right now?

I am fine with that. More power to him, more to life than sports. Where is he going to play? Do you know many professional leagues that would take him right now?

He was pretty highly regarded coming into the season and I don't think that a few games are going to change the professional scouts minds. As a matter of fact, others seem to think of him more highly than a lot of the fans on this site. So yes, I do think that he could sign a professional contract right now if he wanted to do that, and he will probably have that opportunity after the season.

He was pretty highly regarded coming into the season and I don't think that a few games are going to change the professional scouts minds. As a matter of fact, others seem to think of him more highly than a lot of the fans on this site. So yes, I do think that he could sign a professional contract right now if he wanted to do that, and he will probably have that opportunity after the season.

Ok, so how you would grade his performance so far this year? I would say that Aaron Dell has looked a lot better from what I have seen this season.

I'd take him. The Buffalo Sabres would take him. If Jeff Frazee can get a shot, a guy that's won 20+ games each of his years in college will get a shot.