SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs DULUTH

AZSIOUX

The Sioux come off a split vs Denver while winning Friday and failing to score a goal and losing Saturday. Duluth went to overtime both nights in Bemidji and won Friday scoring with 7 seconds left in OT on a PP and settling for a 2-2 tie Saturday night. The Bulldogs have not lost this season. Lets hope the Sioux can change that come Friday!

und.gif

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 4-3-1 (.562)

Conference Record, WCHA: 3-1-0, 6 points

Home: 1-1-0 / Away: 2-2-1 / Neutral: 1-0-0

Fighting Sioux Hockey Home Page

umd.gif

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 6-0-2 (.875)

Conference Record, WCHA: 3-0-1, 7 points

Home: 4-0-0 / Away: 2-0-2 / Neutral: 0-0-0

Bulldogs Hockey Home Page

I'll be heading out to western ND to hunt. If anyone finds if/out what channel the games will be on Dish Network, please post it.

Split...would be suprised if we got more than 2 points this coming weekend.

I'll be heading out to western ND to hunt. If anyone finds if/out what channel the games will be on Dish Network, please post it.

I guess my glass is half full as opposed to half empty.

Duluth goes home with a reality check... :lol:

I wouldn't because we have owned UMD recently.

I'm sorry for living in my bubble of positivity.

I don't really feel like being a negative nancy like 90% of the people around here.

I thought it was negative nelly. :) Wouldn't it be easier to focus the whole season, play good the whole season and not have to be in playoff mode from December on?

I think that wears the guys out by the time the playoffs hit.

I'm sorry for living in my bubble of positivity.

I don't really feel like being a negative nancy like 90% of the people around here.

I'm not trying to be negative, but for the past 6 years I have seen the same thing every fall from his squads and this looks to be no different.

Split.

Agreed with above, if we get more than two points, I'd be happy.

UMD is better than DU this year, and we only got 2 points against DU at home.

Also, will the WCHA suspend Malone for his hit on Martin? I wouldn't have thought twice about him being suspended yesterday, but now that you read the prognosis on Martin, I wouldn't be surprised if the WCHA took action on him.

Split.

Also, will the WCHA suspend Malone for his hit on Martin? I wouldn't have thought twice about him being suspended yesterday, but now that you read the prognosis on Martin, I wouldn't be surprised if the WCHA took action on him.

The WCHA is a reactionary league. That's why it took the injury to Bina for checking from behind to be called a penalty. The injury to Genoway was the impetus for the contact to the head penalty.

So, yes, you can plan on Malone being suspended. However, my question is: how many games? Will he miss 1? Both UMD games? more than that?

Surely, someone will bring up the fact that we all called for Marvin to be suspended for as many games as Genoway was out injured. I'm sure DU fans (some of them) feel as though that should be the length of Malone's suspension as well.

Anyways, I say we just pull the plug on the season, fire Hakstol, execute Eidsness, throw a multimillion dollar contract at Blais and, when Blais turns it down, summarily disband the Men's hockey program.

Anyways, despite the fact that SS.com (despite JimDahl's best efforts) is going down the crapper, I'll still continue to support UND, even if I'm accused of being a homer.

I think tUMD gets 1 point this next weekend. Davidson plays for the suspended Malone on Friday and Bruneteau gets the nod on Saturday (if Malone is suspended the entire series).

Split.

UMD is better than DU...who they have played to date is who have have played and nothing more. They are winning the games on their schedule.

With the Martin incident...if he gets up, no penalty and no further discussion.

Late penalty call all due to the fact he didn't get up. Now with the serious of his condition, Malone IMO will be gone for the series.

Nelson centers Trupp and Frattin if that happens I'd guess.

The Sioux will be fine. I am disapointed on one thing last Saturday and that's not being able to score with almost double the shots.their goalie didn't have to be great by any means.a split seems in the works or this weekend but who knows what will happen.the wcha is a wild league and if Malone is suspended then someone else needs to step up!! I'll say the Sioux get 3 points this weekend versus a very good Duluth team but we will see if they are better than that this weekend! Go Sioux!!

Kristo and Nelson break out!

UMD is better than DU...who they have played to date is who have have played and nothing more. They are winning the games on their schedule.

With the Martin incident...if he gets up, no penalty and no further discussion.

Late penalty call all due to the fact he didn't get up. Now with the serious of his condition, Malone IMO will be gone for the series.

Nelson centers Trupp and Frattin if that happens I'd guess.

#29 had a jump when playing with those guys on Saturday. Would love to see him break out like the two freshmen in Colorado have (Zucker & Schwartz). Not sure he's there talent-wise, but he's not that far away. Hak & staff like to protect our freshmen early. With seeing Nelson on the power play and on that line on Saturday, maybe they're going to let him go.

IF Malone were to be suspended for his hit on Martin, this would be the third straight meeting between these two teams in which a Sioux player couldn't play due to suspension-last Feb Mario was suspended for a game because he wanted to fight Marvin, then in the WCHA playoffs Frattin was suspended for a game for his hit on Wehrs of the Gophers.

The most important point to remember is that there is no way the Fighting Sioux don't sweep againt the Bulldogs since I will FINALLY see the Sioux play at the Ralph.--They might as well just forfeit now

GO NORTH DAKOTA !!!

GO RUTGERS !!!

If the Sioux sweep you will absolutely have to attend every series the rest of the way! (By the way, I hope you have a total blast this weekend!)