SiouxSports.com Forum

Ed Belfour in Grand Forks

Whoosh

Saw him at the canad inn playmakers a few weeks ago. Man is he fun to party with!

My little brother was a stick boy for the Sioux for about 3 yrs back long ago. One of those yrs was when Eddie was there. He used to give me and my brother all kinds of stuff. Like his sticks,Christian Brothers wood with his name and number stamped on the handle. Ian Kidd was another really nice guy to us. Don't get me wrong all the Sioux players were nice but Eddie really went out of his way to be real nice to us. My brother was only about 9 or 10 and the guys just loved him. Even hard ass Gino.

Belfour has been a longtime fav of mine. My brother used to play PeeWee and Bantam hockey against him back in the day. That was when the players from the opposing teams stayed at host teams homes.

What are you trying to tell us?

:D

Horrible way to sell jerseys for charity, but with that all said, I got one :)

73187_710254552315_29406968_39254095_4913818_n.jpg

I am pretty sure I was having a tug of war with you and finally decided it wasn't worth ripping a jersey and getting arrested by the 4 cops standing right there. Can't believe I let go after being 2nd in line in the doorway where they entered. espeically since the 3 people nearest me all got one. I was so pissed. I have followed him since going to the Joe Louis Arena and watching the Sioux win the Frozen Four in 1987 as a kid! Anyone know where I can get Belfour to sign a jersey? If you weren't the guy, sorry, but I am pretty sure you were the one that came up from behind me and grabbed it and wouldn't let go after I already had it in my hands!

4 minutes is stretching it. They were gone within about 1 minute! An unorganized mess.

I called the Sioux Sports Shop at the Ralph around noon on Friday to ask them if you could preorder the jerseys.

The lady on the phone said you couldn't so I asked her how they planned on selling them.

She said they were going to do it 'first come first serve'

She told me they had had dozens of calls that day about the same thing.

I offered her the suggestion that she tell the manager to call a team meeting to discuss how they were going to handle the whole thing.

She told me they already had done that.

Sounds like maybe the plan wasn't so good huh?

I am pretty sure I was having a tug of war with you and finally decided it wasn't worth ripping a jersey and getting arrested by the 4 cops standing right there. Can't believe I let go after being 2nd in line in the doorway where they entered. espeically since the 3 people nearest me all got one. I was so pissed. I have followed him since going to the Joe Louis Arena and watching the Sioux win the Frozen Four in 1987 as a kid! Anyone know where I can get Belfour to sign a jersey? If you weren't the guy, sorry, but I am pretty sure you were the one that came up from behind me and grabbed it and wouldn't let go after I already had it in my hands!

:lol:

I called the Sioux Sports Shop at the Ralph around noon on Friday to ask them if you could preorder the jerseys.

The lady on the phone said you couldn't so I asked her how they planned on selling them.

She said they were going to do it 'first come first serve'

She told me they had had dozens of calls that day about the same thing.

I offered her the suggestion that she tell the manager to call a team meeting to discuss how they were going to handle the whole thing.

She told me they already had done that.

Sounds like maybe the plan wasn't so good huh?

1st come 1st serve?

NOT!!!

1st come 1st serve?

NOT!!!

Siouxmama's daughter in law and I were absolutely the first in line to get into the arena and the first in line at the Sioux Shop! We were told that the jersey's would be brought INTO the shop. As more and more people came into the store we were pushed further back into the store. The people who came last and stood in the entrance of the shop got the jerseys because that is where they passed them out!! It was an absolute mess! I got one but had to pay someone who did get one, an extra hundred for it. Worth it to me but still a totally assinine way to sell them to the fans.

lol, nope not me. I got there pretty early, hung around the sioux shop before warmups, checked out what they looked like during warmups and then walked into the sioux shop to see how the thing was gonna go. ended up being maybe 10-15 back from the "front" . didnt get my hands on one, but my dad did and walked it back to me, and thats how i got one. I like the jersey, but i agree its not worth a tug of war for.

• 2 weeks later...

Autographed items from University of North Dakota athletics Hall of Famer Ed Belfour are up for auction

Included items:

-Limited edition No. 29 Belfour jersey signed by entire 2010-11 Fighting Sioux men's hockey team, coaches and Belfour.

-Gameday program and pull-out poster signed by Belfour

-Signed Belfour card

http://www.fightingsioux.com/sellnew/SellHome.dbml?&DB_LANG=C&_IN_STORE_=YES&DB_OEM_ID=13500&_MODE_=AUCTION

Auctions end Thursday, Nov. 18

Autographed items from University of North Dakota athletics Hall of Famer Ed Belfour are up for auction

Included items:

-Limited edition No. 29 Belfour jersey signed by entire 2010-11 Fighting Sioux men's hockey team, coaches and Belfour.

-Gameday program and pull-out poster signed by Belfour

-Signed Belfour card

http://www.fightingsioux.com/sellnew/SellHome.dbml?&DB_LANG=C&_IN_STORE_=YES&DB_OEM_ID=13500&_MODE_=AUCTION

Auctions end Thursday, Nov. 18

1 jersey? We were told they were going to auction off 5 more.