SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UMn

dakotadan

Went to this game tonight as I live 2 miles from the arena. Had a great time. If anyone else was there... we were the 3 loud & lively individuals along the glass next to our bench. Interesting to see that scrum at the end of the game. Don't see that too often at womens hockey games. Nice win for the girls! Icing on the cake was knowing the gopher men lost as well. We did not chirp at anyone walking around Dinkytown. :silly:

Went to this game tonight as I live 2 miles from the arena. Had a great time. If anyone else was there... we were the 3 loud & lively individuals along the glass next to our bench. Interesting to see that scrum at the end of the game. Don't see that too often at womens hockey games. Nice win for the girls! Icing on the cake was knowing the gopher men lost as well. We did not chirp at anyone walking around Dinkytown. :silly:

So I heard there was like 70 minutes in penalties as a result of the scrum. Gotta love it.

So I heard there was like 70 minutes in penalties as a result of the scrum. Gotta love it.

Yeah those gopher girls get really pissy when they lose. My take on that is that the girls' emotions of finally beating the gophers had a hand in that because on their way to the celebration pile, got in the way of a few gopher girls and they didn't like that... I actually thought the Gopher girls were kinda dirty players throughout the game...

I went to the game with a couple buddies, all UND alums living in Mpls and one of them had never been to a women's hockey game before. Leaving the arena, she's like "I can't believe they got in a fight. That is awesome."

Now if only Gopher fans would quit whining about an icing.... :silly:

2nd period SOG

UND 2

Minn 12

Game SOG

UND 13

Minn 21

There were alot of ugly penalties in that period. UND had a 5-3 at one point but couldn't capitalize. Then UND gave Minnie 3 pointless power plays right in a row toward the end of the 2nd. We're lucky it's still 2-1. The ladies have to come out strong and finish the game in the third.