@ San Diego -

#18 SDSU -

vs. Illinois St -

#8 Montana -

@ #20 E. Washington -

24 Illinois St.

14 SDSU

final

Tough start for the Jacks, who I believe have Nebraska coming up. Yikes.

12 Cal Poly

21 Texas St.

final

This is year is the first time the Jack's have had any pressure to start a season... and they didn't respond well when being up on Montana either

EWU's field is disgusting BTW

This is year is the first time the Jack's have had any pressure to start a season... and they didn't respond well when being up on Montana either

EWU's field is disgusting BTW

While they have rallied before after a poor start to a season, it sure looks at this point that even finishing above .500 is highly questionable. I fully expect an 0-4 start with their next two games being at Nebraska and UNI. Maybe SDSU is to FCS what Virginia Tech is to FBS this year in terms of failing to live up to expectations.

Idaho - 30

vs UNLV - 7

N. Illinois - 22

@ Illinois - 28

Northeastern St - 14

@ UND - 55

Northwestern St - 17

vs. Tarleton St - 14

#25 South Dakota - 48

vs. NW Oklahoma St - 14

Southern Utah - 11

@ San Jose St - 16

#17 Cal Poly - 12

@ Texas St - 21

Lamar - 29

@ SE LA - 28

UC Davis - 38

@ San Diego - 24

#18 SDSU - 14

vs. Illinois St - 24

#8 Montana - 27

@ #20 E. Washington - 36

Wow. Maybe WYO will beable to win against UNLV this year! After the disaster I witnessed against Boise State tonight, I was thinking WYO would not win another game this year. The were horrid!

Wouldn't judge a team by how they faired against Idaho. They have a pretty good team this year. They laid an egg against Nebraska last week but Nebraska made what many consider the best qb in college football look silly yesterday as well so they are definately legit.

...and that same SIU team will "house" your guys in your house. Agreed?

I really think the weakness of the MVC was exposed this weekend. SIU may be the top team but to this point they've been utterly disappointing. UNI may still be a pretty good team as Stephen F. Austin is probably a legit contender but the rest of the conference, with the exception of WIU, has looked mediocre to poor on a weekly basis.

Eastern Washington and Montana tied at 27

30 seconds to go.

The red field is making my eyes hurt!

That's no joke, I watched most of the game on a big-screen at the Outback and afterwards my eyes felt like I had stared at the sun for an hour or so, that red 70's shag is brutal. Worst part is the EWU red jerseys blend in a little too well, makes it hard to pick their players up, you have to see it to get the full effect. Like the blue field in Boise...this one not at all.

Grizzlies this year...great offense, no defense. Bet the over until further notice.

That's no joke, I watched most of the game on a big-screen at the Outback and afterwards my eyes felt like I had stared at the sun for an hour or so, that red 70's shag is brutal. Worst part is the EWU red jerseys blend in a little too well, makes it hard to pick their players up, you have to see it to get the full effect. Like the blue field in Boise...this one not at all.

Grizzlies this year...great offense, no defense. Bet the over until further notice.

......and interestingly, the Defensive coordinater for Montana is the dude that was D-coordinator at NDSU last year. I always defended him (Mike Breske), and thought we made a mistake by making him feel he needed to leave. But......maybe he isn't very good. He was also the D-coordinator here at WYO under Joe Glenn and while the Cowboy offense was sputtering, he always had a very solid defense. It surprises me he can't get it together now.

......and interestingly, the Defensive coordinater for Montana is the dude that was D-coordinator at NDSU last year. I always defended him (Mike Breske), and thought we made a mistake by making him feel he needed to leave. But......maybe he isn't very good. He was also the D-coordinator here at WYO under Joe Glenn and while the Cowboy offense was sputtering, he always had a very solid defense. It surprises me he can't get it together now.

WYO, is Montana running a 3-4 now. I know thats what Breske liked in Wyoming and there was talk in Fargo about the Bison switching to it a little last year. If they do run that the 3-4 is a complex defense and switching over to it can take time.

I am going to be an optimist. After looking at the scores for 3 weeks I have a feeling the score from our Idaho game was just one of those days where turnovers and other circumstances happened and it is not a true gauge on how good UND is. I think we are a lot beter than most people think. It is just my opinion, Go Sioux.

WYO, is Montana running a 3-4 now. I know thats what Breske liked in Wyoming and there was talk in Fargo about the Bison switching to it a little last year. If they do run that the 3-4 is a complex defense and switching over to it can take time.

I don't know. I posted over on the Griz board to see what they have to say about him. There is a part of me that thinks we ran him off far to soon at NDSU, but then again, it is clear that the switch back to the Tampa 2 as worked at NDSU. I really thought he would go to Missoula and give them a solid D, but it sure does not seem to be happening. And.....I am eating some crow over on Bisonville. Oh well.....I guess I called that one wrong. But....I still think that Breske can be a good DC, otherwise how the heck could have the Cowboy D been so decent all those years.

By the way.....Oct. 30th I am going over to Ogden to see the Griz play Weber State. After that I should know more firsthand information.