SiouxSports.com Forum

Fox College Sports 2010 Schedule

darell1976

Is there a printout or has UND announced how many games are televised....They are under contract with FCS are they??

Last year's WDAZ/FSSN contract was a one year deal, so that contract needs to be renewed first, Would guess we'll see that announcement, and hopefully satellite coordinates, sometime in August.

The starting times of all the home football games (12 noon, and 4 PM) correspond to start times that FCS needs for broadcasts. It's likely FCS is also working out it's final schedule, too, so that it can pick and choose without UND changing start times.

Will be interesting if FCS picks up any volleyball or women's hockey games. Next year, they probably would want all the UND-NDSU games (MBB, WBB, volleyball).

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know what the deal is wit FCS and Directv. I have only seen some FCS games on (I think it was channel 617) but not actually the FCS channel. Do any of you Directv customers know?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I think the following is the way it goes.

The three FCS channels are exclusive to cable. If you have a dish or a cable company that doesn't buy FCS and you want one or more of the three, than you are out of luck. Now, DirecTV does have one channel(and an alternate?) that broadcasts some FCS content. I think the rules are that they only broadcast live events on that channel. Coach's shows, replayed games and the like are not shown. If two or more of the three FCS feeds are carrying live events, then one will be chosen to go on DirecTV and the other(s) will not(if there is an alternate, then Direct TV can handle two events, but not all three). Basically, it's a crap shoot if you've got DirecTV. If you've got Dish Network, then you're completely out of luck.

To sum it up, you're going to have to continue to watch the Bison Coach's show on the internet because you're not going to see it on FCS Central with DirecTV.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I think the following is the way it goes.

The three FCS channels are exclusive to cable. If you have a dish or a cable company that doesn't buy FCS and you want one or more of the three, than you are out of luck. Now, DirecTV does have one channel(and an alternate?) that broadcasts some FCS content. I think the rules are that they only broadcast live events on that channel. Coach's shows, replayed games and the like are not shown. If two or more of the three FCS feeds are carrying live events, then one will be chosen to go on DirecTV and the other(s) will not(if there is an alternate, then Direct TV can handle two events, but not all three). Basically, it's a crap shoot if you've got DirecTV. If you've got Dish Network, then you're completely out of luck.

To sum it up, you're going to have to continue to watch the Bison Coach's show on the internet because you're not going to see it on FCS Central with DirecTV.

What he said...........

Basically, the games that make it on the DirecTV version of FCS, are live games that are "exlcusive" to FCS. The cable version of FCS (Atlantic, Central, Pacific) grabs games from the 15 or so Fox Regional sports channels in addition to the "exclusive" FCS games. If you have the DirecTV SportsPak, you'll find everything that airs on "Fox College Sports" as far as game broadcasts go, just not all the coach's shows or highlight shows.

I see where the TV coverage includes 3 home football games and 2 away football games. The away games are at USD and Montana. Good to see the Montana game is on. It doesn't have the SDSU football game in Brookings though. overall very exciting. I'm assuming SDSU said no to television. They are funny about that sometimes.

Yea the Rabbit game would be fun to have on television. There are some other games that I hope would be on too. Cal Poly, Northern Illinois, and Idaho would be very fun to get on television too. If we were able to get those games on television it would bring the total to 9 games on television this year.

Yea the Rabbit game would be fun to have on television. There are some other games that I hope would be on too. Cal Poly, Northern Illinois, and Idaho would be very fun to get on television too. If we were able to get those games on television it would bring the total to 9 games on television this year.

The Idaho game is going to be on Altitude.