SiouxSports.com Forum

Bleachers for Sale

GeauxSioux

Making up for lost alumni donations? :silly:

Mr. Faison has said that they are hoping to make an official announcement this fall that would involve tearing down the old Ralph. There were 6,000 seats in there so they have to move some of them and they might as well make some money. I find it interesting that people automatically look for a negative reason for things.

Mr. Faison has said that they are hoping to make an official announcement this fall that would involve tearing down the old Ralph. There were 6,000 seats in there so they have to move some of them and they might as well make some money. I find it interesting that people automatically look for a negative reason for things.

Remember, we are hostile and abusive.

Does anyone know if these have a "base" to them? If I were to add them to the deck at the lake, would we have to make some sort of a base? If I remember correctly, the seats of these were bolted directly to the cement risers/bench. Right?

Looking at the the pictures, I don't think that they do. It looks like it is just the seats and the backs(?) My guess is that you could make a pretty good base for them though.

Question, what will you do during the rain? Would rain do anything do them or cold in the winter? I don't remember what the seats were like there, so I don't know what rain would do to them and I wouldn't want them to get ruined on you.

Looking at the the pictures, I don't think that they do. It looks like it is just the seats and the backs(?) My guess is that you could make a pretty good base for them though.

Question, what will you do during the rain? Would rain do anything do them or cold in the winter? I don't remember what the seats were like there, so I don't know what rain would do to them and I wouldn't want them to get ruined on you.

Rain will do nothing to them. They are fiberglass or something similar (it has been 10 years since I sat on them so I can't remember for sure). I don't know if extreme cold will do anything to them or not.

• 2 weeks later...
Rain will do nothing to them. They are fiberglass or something similar (it has been 10 years since I sat on them so I can't remember for sure). I don't know if extreme cold will do anything to them or not.

Using them outside would cause deterioration, i think. I see those seats and I automatically think of fiberglass playground equipment and benches, lawn furniture, etc. I hope whoever had them in their backyard would treat them better than the general public would. I just see them getting faded and cracked pretty quickly. If i had such a room, I'd put them in a sports/bar room in my basement. Use them as a bench for the bar instead of stools.

Does anyone know the details for picking up your orders on Saturday? I ordered some, but have not received the email with times, places, etc. to pick up on saturday.

Received this e-mail last night:

Saturday, May 29- 9-1pm

Wednesday, June 9- 4:30-6:30

Saturday, June 12- 9-1pm

Pick up is at the main entrance. Of the old REA.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any ideas as to what to do about a "base" for these seats?

I live in small town ND, but there's a welding fabrication shop here. They're going to make me a metal base that will allow my 2 seats (dad's day gift) to be free standing. It's not going to cost me much, I don't think. I would think there would be somebody near you that , if they have welding skills, could do the same.