SiouxSports.com Forum

ndsu vs kansas deemed one of the top 12 worst fbs/fcs match-ups of 201

krangodance

Georgia State at 'Bama is gonna be ugly, holy mackerel.

This could possibly be one of the worst games ever involving a BCS program. No amount of head scratching can even begin to help anyone figure out how this game is even being allowed. A first year football program (we're not talking a first year FCS program transitioning from DII, we are talking their first year of football period) against a National Championship program. Even if Alabama is undefeated this year, they better be left out of the BCS Championship game just for scheduling this.

I just don't get it.

boy they play some good teams too :silly: Wonder how much they have to pay to use the GA dome?

Thu, Sep 02 Shorter Georgia Dome TBA

Sat, Sep 11 Lambuth Georgia Dome TBA

Sat, Sep 18 Jacksonville State Georgia Dome TBA

Sat, Sep 25 Campbell at Buies Creek, N.C. TBA

Sat, Oct 02 Morehead State Georgia Dome TBA

Sat, Oct 09 Savannah State Georgia Dome TBA

Sat, Oct 16 North Carolina Central Georgia Dome TBA

Sat, Oct 23 Old Dominion at Norfolk, Va. TBA

Sat, Oct 30 South Alabama at Mobile, Ala. TBA

Sat, Nov 06 Lamar Georgia Dome TBA

Sat, Nov 20 Alabama at Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

boy they play some good teams too :silly: Wonder how much they have to pay to use the GA dome?

Thu, Sep 02 Shorter Georgia Dome TBA

Sat, Sep 11 Lambuth Georgia Dome TBA

Sat, Sep 18 Jacksonville State Georgia Dome TBA

Sat, Sep 25 Campbell at Buies Creek, N.C. TBA

Sat, Oct 02 Morehead State Georgia Dome TBA

Sat, Oct 09 Savannah State Georgia Dome TBA

Sat, Oct 16 North Carolina Central Georgia Dome TBA

Sat, Oct 23 Old Dominion at Norfolk, Va. TBA

Sat, Oct 30 South Alabama at Mobile, Ala. TBA

Sat, Nov 06 Lamar Georgia Dome TBA

Sat, Nov 20 Alabama at Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA

How does a first year program get 7 home games?! Seven!

This could possibly be one of the worst games ever involving a BCS program. No amount of head scratching can even begin to help anyone figure out how this game is even being allowed. A first year football program (we're not talking a first year FCS program transitioning from DII, we are talking their first year of football period) against a National Championship program. Even if Alabama is undefeated this year, they better be left out of the BCS Championship game just for scheduling this.

I just don't get it.

if georgia state can get alabama in their first year ever playing footbal, it kind of makes me think und and ndsu haven't been trying hard enough to schedule good fbs teams.

texas tech is alright, but they're no alabama.

if georgia state can get alabama in their first year ever playing footbal, it kind of makes me think und and ndsu haven't been trying hard enough to schedule good fbs teams.

texas tech is alright, but they're no alabama.

Playing a team like Alabama would be nice but two things:

1) I think a program wants to keep the FBS teams they schedule within their recruiting boundaries. Helps with name recognition.

2) the day that Sioux (or whatever the nickname is) football is ready for a program like Alabama will be a great day to be a UND football fan. I think programs need to also schedule smart as they have a full season to play after that game.

Playing a team like Alabama would be nice but two things:

1) I think a program wants to keep the FBS teams they schedule within their recruiting boundaries. Helps with name recognition.

2) the day that Sioux (or whatever the nickname is) football is ready for a program like Alabama will be a great day to be a UND football fan. I think programs need to also schedule smart as they have a full season to play after that game.

I think UND has already played Alabama back in the Bear Bryant days.

I think UND has already played Alabama back in the Bear Bryant days.

Ok, I don't know how our current team would compare to a Alabama team of 30-50 years ago but I know we'd get our bells rung by their current team. I'm pretty sure Nick Sabin is their coach now and he's one of the best recruiters in college football.

Ok, I don't know how our current team would compare to a Alabama team of 30-50 years ago but I know we'd get our bells rung by their current team. I'm pretty sure Nick Sabin is their coach now and he's one of the best recruiters in college football.

I'll have to look up the score again in a media guide, but I thought it was a rout then too.

Indiana State will not be kicked out of the MVC for a long time because they are a conference bball program as well

Yes, they might not get kicked out, but do not rule out consideration for dropping FB since they haven't been competitive in years. Indiana is a tough state to play FB. Lots of competition for talent, even IU struggles most years.

Yes, they might not get kicked out, but do not rule out consideration for dropping FB since they haven't been competitive in years. Indiana is a tough state to play FB. Lots of competition for talent, even IU struggles most years.

ISU is not dropping football, they are increasing funding, just laid down new Fieldturf in their stadium and plans are for a renovation.