SiouxSports.com Forum

Suspensions and Injurys

yellowknife

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has this dude ever watched a hockey game in his life, let alone one with the Sioux playing? Hakstol rarely shows emotion. And the most famous time that Hakstol did show emotion, he did so by flipping a ref off.

I've heard stories of people seeing him smiling.

I think we should send the Mythbusters after that one :glare:

2. The quote from the Kfan board regarding Edina winning with no DI prospects: the Gophers really might want to take a look at that theory. We all get caught up in landing the "can't miss" prospect. But in spite of losing some of the blue-chippers lately, UND continues to put a great team on the ice, and they are always there in games that count. And I agree the quoted poster needs some long-term therapy.

The gophers need open the Red Pepper menu and pick up a bunch of grinders.

Guys the Gophers are full of grinders. Lack of skill is what the Gophers problem has been this year. A 1.5-2.5 lines of grinders is cool, but you have to have some skill as well. When your best skill guy likes to drift around the perimeter and bounce slapshots off the glass, your bound to have a season like the Gophers.

This suspension is CRAP without and explanation. I want to know if he should have been tossed for that infraction and maybe a comment on the performance of Shep and Hunt. They seemed to have a big effect on both Game 2 and Game 3.

This suspension is CRAP without and explanation. I want to know if he should have been tossed for that infraction and maybe a comment on the performance of Shep and Hunt. They seemed to have a big effect on both Game 2 and Game 3.

I would like to have an explanation on what we can look for in the future.

I agree.

I was wondering if this suspension was simply Daddy Dumbarse telling sonnyboy that it should have been a misconduct and, once again, Daddy swoops in to make things right.

Again, am I against the suspension? No. Am I against the manner in which it was presented (not assessed during the game and even not being the case, given without any explanation)? Yes.

And then there's this from KFAN.com

MOUSE DROPPINGS

BY JONMOUSEMIKKELSON

RATHER FRUSTRATED AFTER

HIS GOPHS WERE BOUNCED

FROM WCHA PLAYOFFS

When talking about no class, I'm not talking about a Bob Huggins-coached basketball team. No Class means UND hockey. Just watch this pathetic team. They do something stupid on the ice, go sit in the penalty box and look up at their bench with that "coach, are you proud of me? Did you see me do that cheap shot? Did I do good, coach?" look on their face. Then the camera shows that smug grin on coach's face. If he's not doing that, he's bitching at the ref on why his player got called for his cheap shot. Hakstol, you probably aren't reading this because I doubt they have internet in Grand Forks, but if you are, how about coaching hockey? Not only are the usual suspects Malone, Hextall, Blood, MacWilliam and Lamoureux auditioning for the movie "Slapshot," now even the non-goons are getting into the act. Matt Frattin. Watch out Duluth Bulldogs Thursday night, you're next.........

On to the Gophers.... The Edina Hornets had multiple Division 1 players in 2008 and 2009..... Didn't win the big one. 2010, no D1 players, they win the championship. They worked hard and had no press clippings to fall back on. Minnetonka this year, 4 D1ers, didn't win. Just because you're drafted (or expected to be drafted high), doesn't mean you can coast around the ice waiting to get paid. 2 years ago, I looked at this team and was worried we'd lose some of these phenoms to the NHL. Schroeder, Hoeffel, Fairchild, Kangas, Ness.... I don't worry about that any more. I'm in the 10% that want Coach Lucia to return, but, From Don to John Hill on down to the players, they all have to look in the mirror and decide if they want to play hard and win, or google themselves on how great they're suppose to be...... Anyway, Go Tubby! Go Bulldogs, wipe that bleep-eatin' grin off the Sioux and their coach!

Has this dude ever watched a hockey game in his life, let alone one with the Sioux playing? Hakstol rarely shows emotion. And the most famous time that Hakstol did show emotion, he did so by flipping a ref off.

Paul Allen always quotes this guy as the captain of the 1983 Wayzata (?) club hockey team, which should make him about 40-50 years old. obviously, that was his crowning moment and not the state tournament with the varisty team. But he's on KFAN, so he's an expert.

An open letter to Mikkelson the Mouse Turd: "Class" is a word thrown around too much between bickering fan bases and you are using it to the fullest. How do you judge "class"? Is "class" being beaten in a 3 game series and reportedly having the head coach not shake an opponents hand or is it supposedly your captain swinging his stick at a fan as he headed down the tunnel for the last time in his career? these last two accusations are about as truthful as Frattin looking to Hak for approval or the coach with a smirk on his face. GIVE IT A REST MOUSY! YOU FAVORITE TEAM LOST. Yes, Frattin charged your player and hurt him, but no one on the team or coaching staff was hoping he was injured. You're aggression towards UND probably isn't your fault, you've been brainwashed unknowingly from the Rug & Woog Kool-Aid you've been drinking your whole life. btw, the Gophers did have 5 minutes to score as many goals as they could during the PP. The Malone knee to Leddy didn't look any more intentional than the Carmen slew foot to Malone or the blatant tackle & punch by Helgeson on both Knight & Hextall on separate nights. Nobody except Michigan Tech players :glare: wear halos in this league and that includes the "classy" Gophers. So for all this big, bad, bully, goony, Sioux talk,....GET OVER IT! It's just the sting from when a rival beats you most of the time since 2005 but it's not UND's fault that your favorite team hasn't been very good. So when the Sioux out physical your team AND score 7 more goals in the series, i'm not too sure what your point is. in fact, you should be used to it by now. thanks for listening Johhny, even though you will probably never read this.