SiouxSports.com Forum

Officiating Crew for First Round of the WCHA tourney, Goofs vs. UND

undchris

I was just wondering your guys thoughts on who will officiate the first round of the WCHA tourney at Grand Forks; Minnesota v. UND?

Hundred buckeroos say that the dynamic duo of Anderson/Shepard will be the officials this weekend :) . The worst officials in college hockey by far!

I was just wondering your guys thoughts on who will officiate the first round of the WCHA tourney at Grand Forks; Minnesota v. UND?

Hundred buckeroos say that the dynamic duo of Anderson/Shepard will be the officials this weekend :) . The worst officials in college hockey by far!

I would imagine we will see Marco Hunt and Derek Shepherd with papa Shep and McLown looking on from the press box.

Adam's the worst, period. Campion at least for a couple years was responsible for the fact that the Gophers had more power play opportunities than penalty kills.

Anderson just sucks. Nobody really knows who's going to get the benefit of his suckatude.

I would imagine we will see Marco Hunt and Derek Shepherd with papa Shep and McLown looking on from the press box.

Who were the officials for the Sioux vs DU series in Denver this year?

That was the most obviously fixed (via officials) sporting event I have ever witnessed!

They aren't going to let Don Adam ref the Sioux and Gophers again, the Hand Shake Series there was almost a line Brawl.

Also the Gophers had Todd Anderson last weekend so we probably wont get him either. Marco and Derek reffed the DU and UND games.

IF we get Anderson, here's exactly what you can expect: Friday, he'll let the boys play and if that happens, UND wins. Sat., he'll have Blood going to the box at least 3 times in the first 30 minutes with at least another 5-6 penalities on UND to boot before the night is over. Edge Gophs. Sunday (if needed)...?

He is so inconsistant, it's mind numbing. He can call a reasonable game one night, then just be a total train wreck the next. The players will/can adapt early on, but the inconsistancy is what drives them nuts.

Adam's the worst, period. Campion at least for a couple years was responsible for the fact that the Gophers had more power play opportunities than penalty kills.

Anderson just sucks. Nobody really knows who's going to get the benefit of his suckatude.

Couldn't agree with you more!!!!

'Suckatude'! BRILLIANT!!! :)

Marco and Derek reffed the DU and UND games.

they did the gf series, it was two other bafoons in denver. on a sidenote I think derek and marco did a decent job that series. I wouldn't mind seeing these two here as I think they would do a decent job because if they don't derek might not get to ref in the ncaa's.

They aren't going to let Don Adam ref the Sioux and Gophers again, the Hand Shake Series there was almost a line Brawl.

Also the Gophers had Todd Anderson last weekend so we probably wont get him either. Marco and Derek reffed the DU and UND games.

Have you forgot Papa Shep is running things, he would totally be dumb enough to pull a move of that kind of stupidity! :)

Who were the officials for the Sioux vs DU series in Denver this year?

That was the most obviously fixed (via officials) sporting event I have ever witnessed!

For the series in Denver it was Brian Thul, Scott Bokal, that pair is probably not going to happen.

IF we get Anderson, here's exactly what you can expect: Friday, he'll let the boys play and if that happens, UND wins. Sat., he'll have Blood going to the box at least 3 times in the first 30 minutes with at least another 5-6 penalities on UND to boot before the night is over. Edge Gophs. Sunday (if needed)...?

He is so inconsistant, it's mind numbing. He can call a reasonable game one night, then just be a total train wreck the next. The players will/can adapt early on, but the inconsistancy is what drives them nuts.

Everytime Anderson refs a game they end up with a line brawl or a Dasher Dance.

Everytime Anderson refs a game they end up with a line brawl or a Dasher Dance.

Anderson did both the Prpich Pop and the stroll across the ice games against Denver. The first was in Denver and the latter was in Grand Forks of course.

In both of those games we were at least spared of having Gwozdecky finish the game on the bench. So Anderson has at least something going for him.

It would be a very safe bet that the Shepherd family will be represented in some capacity at the games in GF this weekend.

This a prime example of that nepotism that has become the WCHA, I swear you can

That might be true, but I'd take him over any ref whose last name starts with "A" every time.

That is probably true but why does these comments by The Sicatoka seem possible?

I already "tin hat" explained how that could happen:

The WCHA needs Minnesota at The X for the Final Five for the revenue so UND "loses" (with league/officiating help) WCHA opening round.

UND falls in PWR to somewhere 7-10 and is seeded 2 or 3 at the NCAA West at The X the next week.

WCHA makes money.

NCAA makes money.

UND goes on four game winning streak

Not as far-fetched as it sounds really, that would be the dream scenario of McLeod and Co., although I am leaning more towards the conspiracy theory of sending us to the East to play BC.

Bottom line, everybody hates us. :)

The reason I say this is that last Sunday when I was watching the Gophers hockey game Doug and Frank were complaining about the officials and the calls from the game before and I really think what they were doing was setting the table for the up coming series with the Fighting Sioux by saying they aren't getting the breaks from the officials, yada, yada, yada... I have seen the WCHA officials and the screw job that happened in Denver was the worse one sided screw job I have ever witnessed by a reffing combo.

Not as far-fetched as it sounds really, that would be the dream scenario of McLeod and Co., although I am leaning more towards the conspiracy theory of sending us to the East to play BC.

Bottom line, everybody hates us. :)

Really? Not far fetched? The league commissioner giving orders to referees telling them to favor one team over another in a playoff series for the sake of ticket revenue? That doesn't sound far fetched to you?