SiouxSports.com Forum

How will the New Nickname be Decided?

Cratter

Unfortunately that theory doesn't seem to work around here, the majority wants to keep the nickname and the 1% gets their way, would assume the 1% will get their way again! The majority of us that want to keep the name, only get to pay for all the changes that the 1% want, I would assume that means picking the new name as well. The majority only matter when it comes to paying for everything.

I thought there have been two committees appointed. One to assist with the retirement of the nickname, and they other to help in the process of selecting a new one. My further understanding is that the latter committee was commissioned to come up with several alternatives. Did I miss something, or did I misunderstand what is going on?

I thought there have been two committees appointed. One to assist with the retirement of the nickname, and they other to help in the process of selecting a new one. My further understanding is that the latter committee was commissioned to come up with several alternatives. Did I miss something, or did I misunderstand what is going on?

Here are your Cliff's Notes to catch up.

Try here.

I see--"Task Groups", the third, yet to be announced/selected, will by charged with the responsibility of suggesting new nickname/logo. Don't you think Kelley will include alumni and fans once some names are suggested? I can't believe he would make an isolated decision on such a huge issue for UND.

I hear what your saying, I guess they can create all the commitee's they want, they did this with the Sioux nickname and you see where it went. When it comes to anything logical over at the U these days, I guess I'm pretty skeptical with what has gone on in the past.

Unfortunately that theory doesn't seem to work around here, the majority wants to keep the nickname and the 1% gets their way, would assume the 1% will get their way again! The majority of us that want to keep the name, only get to pay for all the changes that the 1% want, I would assume that means picking the new name as well. The majority only matter when it comes to paying for everything.

I was finishing Sica's sentence for him... I am with you, I want to keep the name and I am sick and tired of the 1% ramming their views down our throats.