SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs DENVER

AZSIOUX

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

trying to be positive....if we win at least one game in each of our next three series and we sweep Tech...and everyone else does what I think they are going to do...we can still finish in 5th place! If we sweep every weekend for the rest of the season and everyone else does what I think they are going to do....we can still finish in 4th place!

Too bad the Sioux were not able to bury their chances early in the first period, that cost them the game.

This will be movtivation for post-season play, hopefully we face them again and beat them 1 to 0, karma.

If you call a game like this "Motivation" well then we have all the motivation in the world. Where is the motivation for right now? We're basically out of home ice as it is. It is going to be a long hard bumpy dirty road here on out. We keep talking about the post season likes it's a given. Brads PWR predictor puts us at 16 or 17 now after this weekend.

Too bad the Sioux were not able to bury their chances early in the first period, that cost them the game.

This will be movtivation for post-season play, hopefully we face them again and beat them 1 to 0, karma.

They way it's shaping up the only way we'll see Denver in the postseason is in the first round of the WCHA playoffs.

If you call a game like this "Motivation" well then we have all the motivation in the world. Where is the motivation for right now? We're basically out of home ice as it is. It is going to be a long hard bumpy dirty road here on out. We keep talking about the post season likes it's a given. Brads PWR predictor puts us at 16 or 17 now after this weekend.

I didn't say it would be easy, just hoping we can repay Denver for the 2004 post season.

And Yeah!, Denver Sxucks more than Minney.

Just hope the Seawolves win tonite!

Our season ain't over, just alot tougher fromn here on out.

They way it's shaping up the only way we'll see Denver in the postseason is in the first round of the WCHA playoffs.

I would like to see the Sioux take on Denver in the playoffs, we beat them last time we faced them. Granted it took game 2 and 3, both in over-time to do it. But it can be done again, we are due for an upset!

First things first, I give a ton of credit to Denver. They are an excellent, excellent hockey team. I still despise George, but they are playing great.

Now a look in our own kitchen:

1. Another 2 goal lead given up. Good teams don't lose games when they lead by 2 goals, especially at home. There is a mental issue going on. No killer instinct.

2. Powerplay. 0-32??!! OK Dave, draw up some new Xs and Os and change the attack. We also need to evaluate the personel. I am tired of Kristo on the point. Overload a side and put Kristo on the weak side to shoot.

3. The cycle. OK, it worked for a few years, but it doesn't work anymore. I am sick and tired of winning a forecheck battle only to have no one in position to shoot. DU always had a man in the slot, example the Colborne goal.

4. Passing. Hit the damn tape. We put more passes into guy's skates tonight than I see at pee wee games.

5. Defensive zone play. Our dmen panic when pressured by an opponent's forecheck. The result is turnovers and horrible breakout passes.

6. Defensive coverage. I don't know what Lapoint is doing out there half the time, and the others aren't much better.

7. Goaltending. That Rackshani goal just killed us tonight. BE should have that one. It was a good shot, but still. Not to mention the 2 in the first 3 minutes last night.

8. Offensively we need to make plays (see #3). We are not moving the puck in a way that we set guys up with high quality scoring chances.

9. Finish. When we get good looks we are not burrying them. You can't miss clean looks.

10. Personnel. I don't know if we are younger, slower or less skilled than our opponents or maybe it is just that i got used to seeing guys that are now NHL all-stars over the past few years, but this team jsut doesn't look like they have the skill. there is no dominance.

11. Physical presence. Other than Malone, MacWilliam and Blood does anyone else on this team hit?? I guess Zajac does some, and Mario mucks it up, but everyone needs to hit. Most of our forwards could carry a carton of eggs on the ice and not break any.

This team shows flashes of potential, and that is why I haven't quite given up hope, but after this weekend; hope is fleeting.

I didn't say it would be easy, just hoping we can repay Denver for the 2004 post season.

And Yeah!, Denver Sxucks more than Minney.

Just hope the Seawolves win tonite!

Our season ain't over, just alot tougher fromn here on out.

It is going to take an act of god for us to turn this season around. I just don't see it happening this year. Our team just doesn't have the mental toughness that other sioux teams had. It may be coaching or recruiting I am not sure. I just know we don't have it this year.

It is going to take an act of god for us to turn this season around. I just don't see it happening this year. Our team just doesn't have the mental toughness that other sioux teams had. It may be coaching or recruiting I am not sure. I just know we don't have it this year.

Guys like Parise, Oshie and Toews were known for living at the rink, practicing at game speed and refusing to loose. It might be a personnel issue. Hak needs to send a message and bench a regualr or two.

Better start looking for an alternate team to cheer for in the Final Five because I don't think the boys in Green and White will be there unless they buy ticket packages. :sad:

This team is just not that good. It isn't about talent on paper, it's about putting it all together for 60 minutes. Tonight we had a 2-0 lead at home and were controlling the game pretty good and just screwed it away. Once the rock got rolling down the hill it was all over. I think next season we'll be more consistent with all these young guys coming back (none of them have really made a case to leave early), but I think this season is now about rebuilding and preparing for the future. :huh:

I think there is a good chance that we get swept in two weeks at St. Cloud; the Huskies are looking good right now. The one series I think we have a good chance to sweep is the final regular season home series vs. Michigan Tech. And by that time, it might be too late to salvage home ice for the first round. Unless we pull it together and start playing better as a team, I don't think these boys have it in them to win a playoff series on the road. We MUST get home ice or I think the season will be over.

Guys like Parise, Oshie and Toews were known for living at the rink, practicing at game speed and refusing to loose. It might be a personnel issue. Hak needs to send a message and bench a regualr or two.

Or perhaps our players need to quit doing the brad miller time show and start getting mentally serious.

Back to 0-32 on the power play. If we score 4 goals out of 32 that is a 12.5 percent clip, not good, but should be expected as a bare minimum. 4 more goals in a lot of close games makes a huge difference, especially at key points of the game.

0-32 on the powerplay is straight up poor coaching. No excuses.

I thought the same thing, but BMT might be a nice way for the guys to vent. I'm not at the rink everyday so I don't know. Example, How many of us have been frustrated trying to... oh let's say... fix the lawn mower. You get to the point where you're ready to burn the thing to the ground. Step away get you're mind off of it and come back later and you are able to get the thing running again.

Counter Point: They shoot the show on what? Wednesday or Thursday? Maybe that isn't the best time, the closer you get to the games the more important it is to have good practices. So thinking about the show instead of game plans and SCHOOL (don't these guys have enough on their plates?) would be a distraction. If you keep the show, shoot it early in the week or Sunday.

No one can deny they're playing hard every night, what's not to say they're trying "too hard." Getting outside of themselves and their game thus getting frustrated and not performing as they should. Stay within yourself and do your job on the ice and maybe that will help.

Counter Point: They're record shows that they're not playing much better since Christmas break.