SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

My favorite stat:

There isn't a single Gopher on the current roster that has won a game against the Sioux at Mariucci arena.

The last time the Gophers beat the Sioux on their home ice??? January 13th, 2006.

:)

The past is the past. I have no idea what to expect this weekend, and I'm shaking in my cubicle.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite stat:

There isn't a single Gopher on the current roster that has won a game against the Sioux at Mariucci arena.

The last time the Gophers beat the Sioux on their home ice??? January 13th, 2006.

:)

Those are the kind of stats that scare me. It's definitely bulletin board material. Even though they don't play like it sometimes, the Gophers have a lot of pride. This is the kind of thing that should light a fire under the players. If Kangas were my fantasy goalie, and his team hasn't won against UND at home in 3 seasons, knowing only that stat about the game, I'd probably start him. Trends were made to be busted.

However, how both teams are playing does factor in. Since we've got a couple kicks at the can down there, I figure at least a split.

The past is the past. I have no idea what to expect this weekend, and I'm shaking in my cubicle.

UND has the best defensive goals against in the WCHA. Gophs can't score and are basically 9th in every stat category in the WCHA. That being said, I'm with you.

I think Trupp and Frattin are the 2 key guys this weekend. If both play well, I like our chances.

And BE has to be his usual self...solid.

I thought I'd let other Sioux fans know that those who don't have the Big Ten Network can watch a live stream of the game on Justin.tv via http://www.justin.tv/mcanimx

Please don't repost this to much...don't want dirty Gopher fans lagging up the stream!! And knowing how many Sioux fans there are I'm sure many will be viewing as it is.

Exactly. I'm not going to worry about 3 or 4 points this weekend, but the two on the line tonight. That, and finding a parking spot at Mariucci.

Hmm maybe I should sell my parking spot at my house right by Mariucci since I won't be using it until tomorrow :)

Deal. How does 30 pesos sound?

:);):lol:

Sounds like a decent deal in Argentine pesos, but 30 Mexican pesos is pretty cheap :D

Just actually used the last of my pesos on some new sunglasses from a random street vendor, so I'm going to stick to US Dollars as much as possible instead of this monopoly money

:);):lol:

Sounds like a decent deal in Argentine pesos, but 30 Mexican pesos is pretty cheap :D

Just actually used the last of my pesos on some new sunglasses from a random street vendor, so I'm going to stick to US Dollars as much as possible instead of this monopoly money

I did use the Argentine exchange rate when i quoted my price, courtesy of CIA.gov.

Hope you have a safe trip back. I can't imagine how crazy you are going right now wanting to get back for the games.

I gotta hand it to some of you Gopher fans, you're not all bad. :)

Scored some reserved seats for tonight's game from a season ticket holder today (I live in the Twin Cities). I responded to his craigslist ad and even though he had tons of emails/responses he sold them to me knowing full well I was a Sioux fan, simply because I was the first response. The guy is so solid he even said he'd put me on his list of people to call when he can't make a game at Mariucci for the next couple of seasons.

Enjoy the series this weekend everyone!

Go Sioux!

Aside from HDTV, the best thing about tonights game being on Big10 Network is we won't have Frank M to listen to!!!

Well, I wish it was on FSN. Tonight I have to go to a loud, smokey bar to attempt to watch it. My basement would have been so much better (long sigh)......

Two nondescript unimpressive hosts.

That's sad. Say what you want about Woog and Mozacco, I'd take them any day over Sweeny and anyone he chooses as color.

Frank is very good at play-by-play and doesn't get squeaky high pitched like Sweeny when action happens. Woog is a good hockey mind and is typically a closet Sioux fan during these games.

Oh well, we'll see them tomorrow night.

2 weeks here for school. Worried enough already about getting through customs and on my plane with only an hour and 15 minute layover, I think I'll try and get across the border minus Puffy's coke this time.

Come on down to the front row of 14 on Saturday if you'd like a coke or nacho cheese shower, I could arrange that.

Make up your mind...

That's sad. Say what you want about Woog and Mozacco, I'd take them any day over Sweeny and anyone he chooses as color.

Frank is very good at play-by-play and doesn't get squeaky high pitched like Sweeny when action happens. Woog is a good hockey mind and is typically a closet Sioux fan during these games.

Oh well, we'll see them tomorrow night.

Because he is still chapped about being sent by the U and nothing burns them better then a big fat notch in the loss colum given by UND.

Really? Who does the commentary then?

From the BTN web site:

"Former Wisconsin captain and current Chicago Blackhawks winger Adam Burish and former Minnesota and now retired NHL veteran Darby Hendrickson will rotate as studio analysts for the network's shows alongside studio host Rick Pizzo, who played goaltender at the NCAA Division III level."

I don't mind Wooger, but I don't know if I've ever heard Frank really ever complement an opposing team - especially the Sioux. I think you could have a drinking game every time those two take a dig at the Sioux! :)

From the BTN web site:

"Former Wisconsin captain and current Chicago Blackhawks winger Adam Burish and former Minnesota and now retired NHL veteran Darby Hendrickson will rotate as studio analysts for the network's shows alongside studio host Rick Pizzo, who played goaltender at the NCAA Division III level."

I don't mind Wooger, but I don't know if I've ever heard Frank really ever complement an opposing team - especially the Sioux. I think you could have a drinking game every time those two take a dig at the Sioux! :)

Frank is a big homer - say what you want about Sweeney, he won't go overboard whining about officials/the opposition like Frank does.

Exactly. Why that is so hard for some people to understand is beyond me.

In other news, does anyone want to guess who we are going to have reffing this series? I'm going to rule out Hunt/Shep because they reffed the first series and we just had them last weekend. Gophers just had Campion and and Mason so I don't think they will be there either. Very likely it will either be Anderson/Friesema or Adam/Walsh. If we want any hopes of having a decently reffed series lets hope for Anderson. Although both teams are overdue for a series with Adam.

I don't like either option. It's a sad statement about the quality of the WCHA refs when I have to choose between Adam and Anderson based on which one is LESS bad. Anderson screwed us as recently as the Wisconsin series in Dec. with that phantom penalty on Hextall with 5 seconds left. (And for the record, while I throw up a little in my mouth I'll pick Anderson by a nose only because I have hated Adam since the Paukovich/Bina incident.)

I don't like either option. It's a sad statement about the quality of the WCHA refs when I have to choose between Adam and Anderson based on which one is LESS bad. Anderson screwed us as recently as the Wisconsin series in Dec. with that phantom penalty on Hextall with 5 seconds left. (And for the record, while I throw up a little in my mouth I'll pick Anderson by a nose only because I have hated Adam since the Paukovich/Bina incident.)

My hatred of of Adam goes back to the '96 Final Five in Milwaukee when he screwed Crowley out of a goal by blowing an early whistle. Thank god we still won the game in ot. But then a couple years ago during the Final Five at the St. Paul hotel I ran into him at the bar. After I mentioned the disallowed goal and how its bothered me for years he bought me a beer. He was very friendly but he still sucks at his job.

From the BTN web site:

Doesn't matter to me who they throw in there to to analysis. But I am pretty critical of play-by-play guys. Frank is great at it. He is a huge Gopher homer, and a lot of the time Woog actually corrects Frank when Frank takes digs at the Sioux. Now obviously they both like to talk up UM whenever possible. But Woog will at least compliment other teams.

Sweeny is a great guy, but he goes off on tangents about hockey in the 60s and guys that are probably listening to him on tv wishing he would get back to discussing the game. I find his little discussions about the old days very distracting. Otherwise, he is pretty good at play-by-play except for the screechiness when he's really excited.