SiouxSports.com Forum

Lamoureuxs Olympic Run

Brucesky02

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NBC just had a great feature on the twins, with Tom Brokaw doing the interviewing of the girls, their parents, and Mario even made it! Had shots of Grand Forks and all of the siblings.

MSNBC just replayed the feature that Lester Holt did on the Twins again, too. Too bad that all of this exposure on the Olympic channels won't add up to that of the Bison flood fight promo... :silly:

On another positive note, No Fast Eddie Schultz show promo yet!!! Just a few more days and I won't have to watch MSNBC again until the next Olympic games :D

MSNBC just replayed the feature that Lester Holt did on the Twins again, too. Too bad that all of the features on all of the Olympic channels won't add up to the Bison flood fight promo... :silly:

On another positive note, No Fast Eddie Schultz show promo yet!!! Just a few more days and I won't have to watch MSNBC again until the next Olympic games :D

It was pretty neat, Al Michaels setup the piece, then Brian Williams was on after.

Does anyone have a link to the game? NON MSNBC? They need your cable provider acct number and a bunch of other stuff i don't have right now.

What was the site we all used during WJC so we could get the TSN boys?

Go to Justin.tv and click on sports. There's a link on that page.....

USA down 2-0 end of one. I remind myself that a two-goal lead is the most precarious in all of hockey. Go back out there and get the next one, girls!

It appears as though Goaltending is the difference right now. USA 9 shots Canada 8 shots. Unoffical.

Go Lamoureaux sisters and team USA. Lets bounce these canucks.

Small disclaimer. I still like my canadian friends, nothing personal with the canuck reference.

It appears as though Goaltending is the difference right now. USA 9 shots Canada 8 shots. Unoffical.

Go Lamoureaux sisters and team USA. Lets bounce these canucks.

Small disclaimer. I still like my canadian friends, nothing personal with the canuck reference.

In this week's "Brad Miller Time," Mario says the Canadians on the Sioux are cheering for his sisters and the USA.

To bad for the girls. Canada had a good defense but they by no means were dominating. I have to go back to goaltending in this game and the girls shouldn't feel bad cause either goalie could have been the hot one and it probably could have gone either way. By the way the USA womens team takes gold for best looking. Did you see them canucks. Ouch!!

No shame in second. I thought our girls gave it their best; just wasn't their day. I know their disappointment is deep and, being fresh, it hurts so much. But the sun will come up tomorrow and the sting will lessen with time. So, sail on, Silver Girls! We're proud of the way you battled and we can't wait to have you home.

No disrespect to Team USA, but I wouldn't even care about winning a Silver Medal in a team sport like hockey or even basketball. Runner-Up is one of the worst things to be in a team sport and I can't imagine how painful it is for them. It's like getting the Runner-Up trophy in the Frozen Four; nobody even wants to touch it or carry it around. I think I have heard some NHL players say that it is better to not make the playoffs than to get to the Stanley Cup Finals and lose. Unless you are on a team that was not expected to win a medal at all, winning Silver really doesn't feel like winning at all. I think I would take my Silver Medal and put it in a safe and just leave it there.

I do think it is a little different in individual sports, but in team sports Runner-Up just plain sucks. Just my opinion, nothing more.

SO, who is this mystery recruit that was rumored to be announced AFTER the olympics?

Anyone? Anyone?

It would be nice if it was Marie-Philip Poulin.

An entertaining game that I think could have gone either way. I was a little disappointed that the US couldn't mount anything the last 5 minutes as Canada controlled play. I think it is obvious that the Lamoureaux girls are going to be a big part of Team USA for many years.

It would be nice if it was Marie-Philip Poulin.

An entertaining game that I think could have gone either way. I was a little disappointed that the US couldn't mount anything the last 5 minutes as Canada controlled play. I think it is obvious that the Lamoureaux girls are going to be a big part of Team USA for many years.

I think it may indeed be Poulin. Check out Brad's latest blog post. I wonder if he's giving us a hint.

No disrespect to Team USA, but I wouldn't even care about winning a Silver Medal in a team sport like hockey or even basketball. Runner-Up is one of the worst things to be in a team sport and I can't imagine how painful it is for them. It's like getting the Runner-Up trophy in the Frozen Four; nobody even wants to touch it or carry it around. I think I have heard some NHL players say that it is better to not make the playoffs than to get to the Stanley Cup Finals and lose. Unless you are on a team that was not expected to win a medal at all, winning Silver really doesn't feel like winning at all. I think I would take my Silver Medal and put it in a safe and just leave it there.

I do think it is a little different in individual sports, but in team sports Runner-Up just plain sucks. Just my opinion, nothing more.

If "winning" silver means nothing to you - why wouldn't you just throw your medal in the garbage? The next thing you say is you'd put it in a safe - so it obviously has SOME value - even to you :D

The team was trying to WIN gold - they lost and took the silver - AN OLYMPIC SILVER MEDAL!!! (It's not exactly a pink participation ribbon - maybe you can brush of your "embarrasment" and show us your OLYMPIC Silver Medal? :silly: )

It's an entirely honorable consolation prize for their efforts AND an incentive for 2014! Congrats to TeamUSA on their effort (Hopefully the L girls made some nice contacts they can bring back to GF as well)

IOC to probe celebrations by Canada womens hockey team.

More than half an hour after they beat the United States 2-0 on Thursday, the players came back from the locker room and staged a party on ice -- swigging from bottles of champagne, guzzling beer and smoking cigars.

Meghan Agosta and Marie-Philip Poulin posed wearing goofy grins. Rebecca Johnston actually tried to drive the ice-resurfacing machine. Haley Irwin poured champagne into the mouth of Tessa Bonhomme, gold medals swinging from both their necks.

Poulin, who scored both goals, doesn't turn 19 -- legal drinking age in British Columbia -- until next month. The drinking age in Alberta, where the Canadian team trains, is 18. Photos showed Poulin on the ice with a beer in her hand.

:silly::D;)