SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Team USA

AZSIOUX

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They mentioned on the Sat Badger game that Kristo already knew for sure that he was on the team (not that we wouldn't have already assumed that). So they must know the roster (or at least the majority of it), but I haven't seen anything posted since they released the preliminary roster.

They mentioned on the Sat Badger game that Kristo already knew for sure that he was on the team (not that we wouldn't have already assumed that). So they must know the roster (or at least the majority of it), but I haven't seen anything posted since they released the preliminary roster.

From what I understand, the US World Junior team's final roster won't be determined until after an exhibition game against the Czech Republic I think. Or else it won't be decided until right before that exhibition game. Either way, no final roster has been set.

I would bet USA wins by 2 or more goals.

I'm guessing Hakstol will be more than willing to rest quite a few dinged up players and give others a chance to dress/play.

That could mean that VV sits in addition to Genoway/Zajac.

And then with Kristo now being on the other team... ;)

The last time we played the US WJC team (when the tourney was at the Ralph), UND lost 3-0:

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20041219&am...nd&gender=m

Drew Stafford got 2 assists against his own team.

I would bet USA wins by 2 or more goals.

I'm guessing Hakstol will be more than willing to rest quite a few dinged up players and give others a chance to dress/play.

That could mean that VV sits in addition to Genoway/Zajac.

And then with Kristo now being on the other team... ;)

The last time we played the US WJC team (when the tourney was at the Ralph), UND lost 3-0:

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20041219&am...nd&gender=m

Drew Stafford got 2 assists against his own team.

hak said after sat's game that cichy and knight will get a very good look on sat to see what they can do.

There are only 14 forwards on the roster.

No Zajac, no Kristo, means welcome to every forward dressing.

Being an exhibition does that mean that Ryan Hill and Tate Maris dress also?

I would think Dell should get a look, but Eids could use the practice as well.

I would think Dell should get a look, but Eids could use the practice as well.

great chance to split them through the game. get hill in there as well to limit some ice time for others. i think you can dress a extra player or 2 for exh games so hope wee see everyone

In the Manitoba v. North Dakota exhibition the "Bisons" dressed 22 (20 skaters) and UND dressed 23 (21 skaters). UND is running a 25-man roster. The non-appearance guys for UND were D Ryan Hill and G Tate Maris.

Roll forward to this game: No Genoway, no Zajac, no Kristo.

UND can only wish that it had 23 bodies to dress: 19 skaters and 3 goalies.

In the Manitoba v. North Dakota exhibition the "Bisons" dressed 22 (20 skaters) and UND dressed 23 (21 skaters). UND is running a 25-man roster. The non-appearance guys for UND were D Ryan Hill and G Tate Maris.

Roll forward to this game: No Genoway, no Zajac, no Kristo.

UND can only wish that it had 23 bodies to dress: 19 skaters and 3 goalies.

good breakdown. minus chay, darcy and danny and we arent left with much extra at all

Bradley needs to practice keeping his rear end in the little blue area directly in front of the goal.

And maybe his head in the game instead of wherever it is he allows it to go...

;)

I think UND needs to hire the Badgers old coach Bill Howard.

The Eagle is currently under employment elsewhere unforunately....with the Blues, I believe.

mikejm - I have been working at yelling at Eids to stay in the crease...he doesn't hear me through the tv very well! ;)

Even Toby K or Jake Brandt would help at this point.

mikejm - I have been working at yelling at Eids to stay in the crease...he doesn't hear me through the tv very well! ;)

I yell at him all time through the glass. My seats are right behind him.

He doesn't pay any attention to me either.

;)

The Eagle is currently under employment elsewhere unforunately....with the Blues, I believe.

that is coorect, didnt think about that. i have no clue if a goalie coach is a big deal or not but i would have to guess it would help out if it was possible to hire one. karl goehring is also helping elsewhere but one of those 2 would be nice to have as a full time goalie coach. do many college teams have them? i know nhl teams do but wasnt sure on college

that is coorect, didnt think about that. i have no clue if a goalie coach is a big deal or not but i would have to guess it would help out if it was possible to hire one. karl goehring is also helping elsewhere but one of those 2 would be nice to have as a full time goalie coach. do many college teams have them? i know nhl teams do but wasnt sure on college

The Gophers had a few I think Bob Mason used to work for them but he is a Wild coach.

Mike Valley works with the Badgers goalies.

although dell damn near gave me a heart attack on friday night late in the third period ot ot when he came out near the blue line to play a puck.

What I have seen from Dell I have liked, in 2/3 of his games he has played square to the puck and really took care of his angles.

In the one game I don't know if it would have mattered because the defense left him out to dry.