SiouxSports.com Forum

10/8/03 Fighting Sioux Coaches Show

PCM

Great job, PCM... :D

Looks like Prpich will be out for the next 2 games...nice comments from the St. Louis Blues...looks like there'll be at least one line that won't be shuffled a lot...don't understand Massen's ebb & flow intensity levels...

B.C. senior defenseman & asst. capt. J.D. Farrell is sitting out at least the first 4 games for academic reasons & could possibly miss part of the Sioux series...

B.C. senior defenseman & asst. capt. J.D. Farrell is sitting out at least the first 4 games for academic reasons & could possibly miss part of the Sioux series...

His last name is actually Forrest and he was a second-team All-American last year; that is a big loss for them.

If he does sit their first four games, he would be back for the Saturday UND game, but I don't know if the actually length of suspension has been stated!

His last name is actually Forrest and he was a second-team All-American last year; that is a big loss for them.

If he does sit their first four games, he would be back for the Saturday UND game, but I don't know if the actually length of suspension has been stated!

Thx for the correction; I was thinking of the actor :D

Actually, he could be back by the first game against UND because the USCHO link says he's "not expected back at least until the team's fourth game of the season and possibly longer." They played Vermont once last weekend, 2 games at a tournament this weekend & then the first game of the Sioux series will be his fourth game. I worded it wrong in my earlier post...

I am not sure if you guys got wind of this but the fighting rules have changed again. 1 game for the first fight, 2 game for the second fight and so on. No more 3 games and you are done for the season like in the old days. I think that is great.

Curious that the Dogs started practice on Sept. 26, only a week before the contest with the Sioux. I wonder what the reasoning behind that was...

I think, and this is speculation, that it is a wonder what confidence in the defense and goaltending can do to shorten practice time. :D

I am not sure if you guys got wind of this but the fighting rules have changed again. 1 game for the first fight, 2 game for the second fight and so on. No more 3 games and you are done for the season like in the old days. I think that is great.

I didn't know violence could make a person so happy :D Fighting should probably be required in all coll. hockey games, huh? :0

I think, and this is speculation, that it is a wonder what confidence in the defense and goaltending can do to shorten practice time. :D

Since there's a limit on total practice time for the season, probably Sandy decided he'd rather have the week of practice later in the year rather than in September.

I don't think Prpich has to sit out vs. Concordia (again I appear to be a bit shady on the rules regarding exibition games), just think people are saying 2 games because he may be scratched vs. Concordia so Blais can play some of his younger talent. The rule is now 1st fight, 1 game DQ...2nd fight, 2 game DQ, and so on...number of fights is directly proportional to number of game DQ's recieved.

Since there's a limit on total practice time for the season, probably Sandy decided he'd rather have the week of practice later in the year rather than in September.

Sounds like a reasonable explaination to me. It certainly didn't look like the lack of practice time hurt them any on the ice Saturday. Some were saying that T. J. Caig didn't look like he was in very good shape, as he was a non-factor in the game. Possibly more a result of his off-season conditioning rather than inadequate practice time.

Why does Prpich have to sit out 2 games?

I don't think he has to, but it seems DB is going to require him to sit two games. It would appear to me that by sitting Prpich this Saturday, the "shuffled" lines will have the Concordia game to become more familiar with each other before taking on BC the following Friday.

I don't think he has to, but it seems DB is going to require him to sit two games. It would appear to me that by sitting Prpich this Saturday, the "shuffled" lines will have the Concordia game to become more familiar with each other before taking on BC the following Friday.

I took Blais' comment to be a more general comment that when you lose a guy to a fighting DQ it screws up lines for 2 games. However, I now think he meant the game in which the DQ happened, and then the suspended game.

Makes sense now.