SiouxSports.com Forum

USD-NDSU before UND-NDSU?

Matt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like UND's schedule. It's tough but that's OK. The fans want the Civil War game but the usual idiots are holding it up. It's a real shame. I would love to see UND kick the crap out of NDSU. That would be a good weekend.

Nothing would please me more than watching the Sioux kick the snot out of NDSU.

I actually like UND's schedule. It's tough but that's OK. The fans want the Civil War game but the usual idiots are holding it up. It's a real shame. I would love to see UND kick the crap out of NDSU. That would be a good weekend.

I think these scheduling difficulties have gone on long enough. NDSU wanted a pound of flesh from UND, and it's been paid in full. Scheduling USD would be overkill and hopefully the public and media will start asking some pointed questions of Gene Taylor.

Huh? Where did you get that from? The debate I got in the middle of was UND/NDSU strength of schedule. Since I think they're both playing awful football at the moment, I don't think the answer to that debate means anything. As for the return of the NDSU/UND series, I'm still against it unless FCS goes to a 12-game season or the games are scheduled so the GF games come on years with 12 games; preferably the former. I don't want 9 out of 11 games to be the same opponents every year.

Yeah, we definitely don't want to let the fans get familiar with our opponents! Lets make we mix it up by bringing in non-scholarship teams from Indiana, New York and Connecticut each year!

I for one would be pretty dang excited about this schedule every year:

1 Upper Midwest Big Ten or Big XII game (Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa State, Nebraska)

USD

UND

MVFC

I don't mind if a UND/NDSU FB game doesn't happen for a few more years. It will happen when it happens.

But it is rediculous for UND and NDSU not to be playing each other in volleyball/soccer/baseball/softball etc. It makes no sence for either athletic department to be paying to send these teams all around the country when each has a DI school within an hour that they aren't playing. It would be good for both athletic departments to get these games scheduled right away. Then follow that up with getting the basketball teams back on the same court. And I guess we can throw SDSU into this discussion. It would be good for all of the Dakota schools to be playing each other in the non-revenue sports.

Why don't you first practice on beating NAIA teams - then move on.

Bison Dan's response late last year on NDSU going 4-7 in 2009 !!

Now, 4-7 is their fondest hope!

Shows how little you know about NDSU and how much you might wish it to be true. With better play out of 2 positions (kicker & qb) we'd be in the playoffs. By the way no one trashes coaches & players more than this board.

I think these scheduling difficulties have gone on long enough. NDSU wanted a pound of flesh from UND, and it's been paid in full. Scheduling USD would be overkill and hopefully the public and media will start asking some pointed questions of Gene Taylor.

Agree. If NDSU schedules a 4-year agreement with USD, NDSU and Taylor will be deservedly trashed big time in the media. Taylor must think he has some type of political immunity, because legislators of all stripes (SU or UND grads) would not look kindly on that type of chicken**** action, especially after he talked so mouch about wanting a schedule with nationally established FCS programs.

Bison Dan is just mad because deep down he knows UND would bring it against the Buffalos and beat them whether it was in the Al or at their beloved Fargo Dome. Plus the bottom line is that until they come take the Nickel back we have scoreboard and they don't.

Bison Dan is just mad because deep down he knows UND would bring it against the Buffalos and beat them whether it was in the Al or at their beloved Fargo Dome. Plus the bottom line is that until they come take the Nickel back we have scoreboard and they don't.

why are you guys always talking about NDSU? and you guys think they will stay like they are this year? i know they got a few studs from Wisc that will be playin in the future. i'd say they look like they are just rebuilding. to many minnesota kids on both rosters tho ;)

Agree. If NDSU schedules a 4-year agreement with USD, NDSU and Taylor will be deservedly trashed big time in the media. Taylor must think he has some type of political immunity, because legislators of all stripes (SU or UND grads) would not look kindly on that type of chicken**** action, especially after he talked so mouch about wanting a schedule with nationally established FCS programs.

Please. Non-alums west of the RRV don't really care that much about this rivalry. Sure, they would maybe watch on tv if it was on but they don't live or die over it. There would be a few people in the Grand Forks media (cough, Ryan Bakken, cough) who would make some snide remarks but it wouldn't be as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

Please. Non-alums west of the RRV don't really care that much about this rivalry. Sure, they would maybe watch on tv if it was on but they don't live or die over it. There would be a few people in the Grand Forks media (cough, Ryan Bakken, cough) who would make some snide remarks but it wouldn't be as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

Not sure how relevant McFeely is anymore in the Fargo media since his departure from the Forum, but if the hypothetical NDSU-USD series did come to fruition before UND and NDSU re-started their series, he would have had a field day with it for weeks, and probably would have been far more snide that anything Bakken would write. Love him or hate him...or should I say dislike him or hate him, McFeely could rile people up like almost nobody else in North Dakota during his Forum columnist days, and this would be been right up his alley.

UND / Thomas would have been hypocrites if they scheduled SDSU, but not NDSU.

NDSU proposing to schedule USD but not UND, would, without question be hypocritical to the extreme. In a obtuse way, I'd like to see the NDSU-USD series come about and observe the ramifications.

What chance does UND have in joining the MVC?? Also with the horrible seasons of Indiana St. is there a chance of them leaving the conference to really opening the door for the Sioux and Coyotes?

I don't know what the chances are. I haven't heard anything positive regarding expansion from the MVFC. I've only read hopefull speculation that one or more current members will leave. Certainly nothing like what is happening in the Summit league. It's unfortunate because the program needs to be in an autobid conference for football when this transition is over. On the Sioux sports show Muss was asked his thoughts on the Great West. I expected the standard fare of "tough from top to bottom, gotta show up every week...", etc. He started to say that, then shifted gears and talked about the need to add more teams so the conference can get an autobid. Clearly that weighs heavily on his mind for the future of the program, as well it should. Maybe with Chapman gone UND will have more of an ally in the MVFC, I don't know.

Taylor knows he's on his way out and this just might be his last stick in the eye to the state legislators who got rid of the crook Joe Chapman. I predict he won't be NDSU's AD next year at this time. On another note I also don't foresee UND and USD getting into the MVFC for the foreseeable future. I think UND gets in the Summit unless this nickname garbage de-rails it. I also think the GWFC will get an autobid as soon as the moratorium is lifted and Nebraska-Omaha and multiple other strong Division II schools move up (Central Missouri, Tarleton State, possibly a few others).

Taylor knows he's on his way out and this just might be his last stick in the eye to the state legislators who got rid of the crook Joe Chapman. I predict he won't be NDSU's AD next year at this time.
His ideal time to leave would have been after the NCAA berth. With the decay in the football situation, his value has dropped.

On another note I also don't foresee UND and USD getting into the MVFC for the foreseeable future. I think UND gets in the Summit unless this nickname garbage de-rails it. I also think the GWFC will get an autobid as soon as the moratorium is lifted and Nebraska-Omaha and multiple other strong Division II schools move up (Central Missouri, Tarleton State, possibly a few others).

Have you heard anything substantive on this? With some of the Southland conference teams possibly moving up to FBS, that conference might absorb DII schools like Tarleton State, W Texas A&M, and Central Oklahoma.

What chance does UND have in joining the MVC?? Also with the horrible seasons of Indiana St. is there a chance of them leaving the conference to really opening the door for the Sioux and Coyotes?

No smack intended, but Have talked with fans from other schools, in the MVFC and their thoughts on adding more teams isn't good. Also YSU, ISU-B, ISU-R are not going to travel 2 more times to the Dakotas, if they had to add one more team USD has the edge due to location, but I don't see it happening. Also some say ISU-B will drop Football, but their new AD has a passion to revive the sport as the old AD didn't care about it, they have built new Lockerooms added new fieldturf etc. Illinois St IS NOT going to the MAC as they would give up alot in the MVc for Mens BBall, Afterall NDSU and SDSU barley got in due to location. 9 is where the Gateway/Valley has been for some time and looks like its going to stay that way. In all seriousness I foresee a push for the entire Conference to move up in the Future (not soon). Most Valley fans think the conference is holding out adding a 10th team so Wichita St. always has a place if they bring FB back, which would be sweet

http://www.bringbackshockerfootball.com/