SiouxSports.com Forum

Bloomington Kennedy Mites Sponsor Opportunity

MafiaMan

Mites jerseys were handed out to the kids today at BIG. Apparently a Gopher fan contacted someone affiliated with the University of Minnesota and asked about a Gopher-sponsored team to counter the Intermediate Gold SiouxSports.com team. ???

Maybe gopherz, sagard, or some of the other regulars of GopherPuckLive.com should do something about that...

Mites jerseys were handed out to the kids today at BIG. Apparently a Gopher fan contacted someone affiliated with the University of Minnesota and asked about a Gopher-sponsored team to counter the Intermediate Gold SiouxSports.com team. ???

Maybe gopherz, sagard, or some of the other regulars of GopherPuckLive.com should do something about that...

That's funny. Does the Gopher fan think SiouxSports.com is UND?

• 4 weeks later...

After a couple of scrimmages against the Kennedy Beginner Blue team, the Kennedy Gold SiouxSports.com team is ready for some real competition. Here are some upcoming "games" against some other programs:

1/3/09 8:30 am Bloomington Ice Gardens Rink 1 - Jefferson

1/9/09 12:50 pm Burnsville Ice Arena Rink 2 - Burnsville

1/17/09 11:30 am Apple Valley High School - Apple Valley #1

1/30/09 3:30 pm Hayes Arena - Eastview Black

• 2 weeks later...
After a couple of scrimmages against the Kennedy Beginner Blue team, the Kennedy Gold SiouxSports.com team is ready for some real competition. Here are some upcoming "games" against some other programs:

1/3/09 8:30 am Bloomington Ice Gardens Rink 1 - Jefferson

1/9/09 12:50 pm Burnsville Ice Arena Rink 2 - Burnsville

1/17/09 11:30 am Apple Valley High School - Apple Valley #1

1/30/09 3:30 pm Hayes Arena - Eastview Black

Scores are not officially kept at the mites level but the kids certainly know who won or lost...

1/3/09 I believe 7 or 8 to 2 win over Jefferson white

1/9/09 5-4 win over Burnsville

That is sweeet, y'all! I can't stop grinning. Please post a photo soon. And maybe some action shots. If I were in the area, I'd offer to show up for a game.

Neither is a perfect shot, but these give you some idea of the general look... simple sponsor name below the numbers on the white jerseys.

DSC_0676_medium.JPG

12_19_09_4530_medium.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates...life has been hectic lately. This past Saturday, the Kennedy Gold team lost to Eastview Black 8-4, however, when the score was 1-0, MafiaMan Jr. potted his first goal of the season to tie the score. Things fell apart after that, however, and the team was down 8-2 with 2:00 left before scoring 2 goals late to make the score respectable. My son had a gigantic smile on his face and raised his left hand in the air when he scored. Dad taught him well...to act like you've scored before, even if you haven't. Despite the loss, he was all smiles on the way home.

I'll keep everyone posted on the mite jamboree and PROMISE to get some pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...

The Kennedy Gold Mites play this weekend at 1:45 pm Saturday on BIG #2 and 11:30 am Sunday on BIG #3. Both games are against teams from Prior Lake.

The Mite Jamboree is March 6th and 7th. The Kennedy Gold game-times will be 3:30 pm Saturday, March 6th and 8:00 am (ugh!) Sunday, March 7th.

If you are interested in seeing the SiouxSports.com team in action, drop me a PM or place a post here and I'll help you out with directions and/or anything else you need. Thank you for your support!

Sorry for the lack of updates...life has been hectic lately. This past Saturday, the Kennedy Gold team lost to Eastview Black 8-4, however, when the score was 1-0, MafiaMan Jr. potted his first goal of the season to tie the score. Things fell apart after that, however, and the team was down 8-2 with 2:00 left before scoring 2 goals late to make the score respectable. My son had a gigantic smile on his face and raised his left hand in the air when he scored. Dad taught him well...to act like you've scored before, even if you haven't. Despite the loss, he was all smiles on the way home.

I'll keep everyone posted on the mite jamboree and PROMISE to get some pics soon.

Please!?!?

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I set up a Shutterfly account Sunday night and have plenty of photos of the SiouxSports.com team on there. If you PM me with your e-mail address, I'll be happy to send you an invitation to view the photos taken throughout the season.

I also e-mailed a certain moderator-who-shall-remain-nameless-to-protect-his-identity an invitation. He may post a few pics on the site here if he has a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

As a parent and coach of the Bloomington Kennedy Mite program, I would like to personally thank each and every person who donated money toward our team. We finished a stellar season with only one or two losses. Coming from a family of UND alums, it was great to see SiouxSports.com in the heart of Gopher territory.

How much in the heart of Goopher territory was SiouxSports.com thanks to your generosity? These Goophers played their youth hockey at Bloomington Ice Gardens: Ryan Stoa (Kennedy), Mike Crowley, Nick Checco, Ben Clymer, Brian LaFleur, Dan Trebil, Ryan Trebil, Tony Bianchi (Jefferson). There were others, granted, but these were probably the most well known.

Again THANK YOU to everyone who donated toward our team.

Kennedy Mites Sponsors

As a parent and coach of the Bloomington Kennedy Mite program, I would like to personally thank each and every person who donated money toward our team. We finished a stellar season with only one or two losses. Coming from a family of UND alums, it was great to see SiouxSports.com in the heart of Gopher territory.

How much in the heart of Goopher territory was SiouxSports.com thanks to your generosity? These Goophers played their youth hockey at Bloomington Ice Gardens: Ryan Stoa (Kennedy), Mike Crowley, Nick Checco, Ben Clymer, Brian LaFleur, Dan Trebil, Ryan Trebil, Tony Bianchi (Jefferson). There were others, granted, but these were probably the most well known.

Again THANK YOU to everyone who donated toward our team.

Kennedy Mites Sponsors

It was our pleasure. I will be happy to donate again next year. Just have MafiaMan remind me.

Please tell me that isn't maroon trim on the Kennedy Gold jerseys. :silly::D

Kennedy's colors are gold, navy blue, and white. The mite jerseys have traditionally been either white, gold, or navy blue. I lobbied for a change in tradition and the first "Kennedy green" team, but that was shot down pretty quickly. :huh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...