SiouxSports.com Forum

Bloomington Kennedy Mites Sponsor Opportunity

MafiaMan

Mite hockey for 2010-11 is starting up. I've been asked by several board members if SiouxSports.com will again be sponsoring a team this year. Hmnnnnn...anyone interested in SiouxSports.com Part II?

Kennedy Hockey Page

Check out the "Sponsors" link at the top of the page. SiouxSports.com is listed first. :)

Yes, me, too! Will Sioux-fan sponsorship of Mites playing in the shadows of Mariucci unnerve Gopher fans and alums? If so, I will increase the amount I donated last year.

Yes, me, too! Will Sioux-fan sponsorship of Mites playing in the shadows of Mariucci unnerve Gopher fans and alums? If so, I will increase the amount I donated last year.

Same schpeel as last year. Just PM me if you would like to contribute and I'll send you my address. The Mite Coordinator told me last week that she would "love" to have SiouxSports.com back this year.

• 5 weeks later...

Same schpeel as last year. Just PM me if you would like to contribute and I'll send you my address. The Mite Coordinator told me last week that she would "love" to have SiouxSports.com back this year.

Update: I've committed to sponsoring what will likely be the last SiouxSports.com mites team sponsorship ever. This year, we will be sponsoring the Mite Intermediate team. Jersey colors have yet to be announced. Next year, we'll be FightingPinkFlamingos.com, but that's another story for another day. I've received two commitments thus far...PM me for address to send your check to. SiouxSports.com is mentioned on the www.kennedyhockey.org home page and will also be on display on a banner at the Bloomington Ice Gardens. Thank you for your support.

• 2 weeks later...

MM, sorry I missed this for this year!! My check will be in the mail as soon as I get your address. I'm sure that the folks who donated to the team who haven't this year probably didn't notice it either. Hope you got/get the needed donations to keep the Sioux name at the forefront in Goopher land!!

Update: I have $150 in-hand and two "checks in the mail." I've already committed to SIOUXSPORTS.COM being on the back of this year's Intermediate Gold Mites but am hoping for a few more financial backers. Thank you for your support in what will obviously be the last team ever sponsored by anthing associated with the word 'Fighting Sioux.'

Update: I have $150 in-hand and two "checks in the mail." I've already committed to SIOUXSPORTS.COM being on the back of this year's Intermediate Gold Mites but am hoping for a few more financial backers. Thank you for your support in what will obviously be the last team ever sponsored by anthing associated with the word 'Fighting Sioux.'

MafiaMan,

Please PM me with your address and to whom I should write a check. I had not seen this year's initial notice but was wondering about it a few weeks ago. I really like the idea of a SiouxSports sponsored team in the Twin Cities. I also enjoyed learning about last year's team at the SiouxSports brunch at Hoggsbreath at the Final Five. We need to work on that again for this year to boost the attendance and increase the number of stories.

MafiaMan,

Please PM me with your address and to whom I should write a check. I had not seen this year's initial notice but was wondering about it a few weeks ago. I really like the idea of a SiouxSports sponsored team in the Twin Cities. I also enjoyed learning about last year's team at the SiouxSports brunch at Hoggsbreath at the Final Five. We need to work on that again for this year to boost the attendance and increase the number of stories.

Same here. PM me with your info, MafiaMan, and I'll have my bank send you a check this weekend. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you again to all of this year's SiouxSports.com donors. I can't tell you how much your generosity is appreciated. The Shawn Thompson College Scholarship Fund Kennedy Hockey Booster Club received another $350 in donations this year. Last year's contributions totalled $500. The association was very appreciative of the sponsorship and SiouxSports.com is listed on the sponsors page of the KennedyHockey.Org web site. In addition, SiouxSports.com was also listed very prominently in this year's Mite Jamboree Weekend Game Program. I will have some extra copies available in a few weeks at the Hoggsbreath for anyone wishing to look thru one or keep one as a souvenir.

This year's Intermediate Mites team officially lost one game all season, a 2-1 heartbreaker to Burnsville at this past weekend's Mite Jamboree. They followed up that loss, however, with a 4-2 win over New Prague in this past Sunday's season finale. The Kennedy Advanced Mites team defeated arch-rival Jefferson 7-3 in the weekend finale. The mite coaches have done an outstanding job this season and hopefully Kennedy Hockey is on the rise again in the Twin Cities.

Thank you again, donors. If this is indeed the last-ever SiouxSports.com team in Bloomington, we sure enjoyed the season.

We got great pleasure in sponsoring a SiouxSports team in the heart of Gopherland.

Some of the kids used to tease Shawn and me at the practices and games, but you'd probably be surprised to know that several of the hard-core Gopher fans in the bunch have now turned into Sioux fans. :lol:

• Upvote 1