SiouxSports.com Forum

Pre-Introductions

cjsol

Does anyone else think that the pre-player intro on the scoreboard totally sucked, or is it just me? I mean, they have all summer to work on this video montage, and that's best they can come up with...it didn't get me fired up!

If you don't like the video don't go to the games!!!

Quit whining about the stupid video and go to the hockey game to...WATCH HOCKEY!!! I could wouldn't care if they had a video or not. We are the most fortunate fans of any sports team in the world. We have great teams that contend every year, we have a great coach, and we have the best facility in all of college hockey and a lot of pro hockey arenas.

It's unbelieveable how spoiled some people can get.

Calm down there, Marty. You are almost as bad as the woman who yelled at me for standing up during a break in play. :)

No one goes to the game to see the pre-game video. But if they are gonna have a video, it should be good or they shouldn't waste the time. This year's video sucks. Last years was pretty good, but the first year's video was the best. I got an idea, make a new video that consists of three things. Schneider laying a beat down on that Canadian, Hale laying a beat down on that Mav and Prpich laying a beatdown on Peluso. Oh and just for good measure, Jim Archibald doing something. :D

Calm down there, Marty. You are almost as bad as the woman who yelled at me for standing up during a break in play. :)

No one goes to the game to see the pre-game video. But if they are gonna have a video, it should be good or they shouldn't waste the time. This year's video sucks. Last years was pretty good, but the first year's video was the best. I got an idea, make a new video that consists of three things. Schneider laying a beat down on that Canadian, Hale laying a beat down on that Mav and Prpich laying a beatdown on Peluso. Oh and just for good measure, Jim Archibald doing something. :D

Or just a 5 minute video of Jim Archibald beating the F--- out of a bunch of people. There were times when he would be beating on 2 or 3 people at the same time... what a savage...

Diggler,

I feel your pain. I had someone behind me that, every time we chant would yell out "Quit cheering that stupid cheer!" And stuff like that. What a moron. Also, there is a flake behind me who could end up being the first victim of the no standing rule. He spent like 5 minutes of the hockey game on the cell phone looking around the arena trying to find someone. My god.

Since when do tarts become hockey fans? I wish I could have grabbed the cell and threw it at Stauffacher :) "Can you hear me now? Good!"

At least the dude next to me is pretty cool. Knew a lot about hockey rules enough to correct me. We spent a good deal of the time talking up Reichmuth and Murray :D

I'm already a die Hard Murray fan! ;)

Starts with a computer image of REA and moves into the arena where there is a little bit of Sioux footage, none of which is as remarkable as even last year's montage. No real big hits, goal footage that was from not so good camera angles.

Does anyone recall if there was music to it? I mean, Eminem (though I'm not a fan of his) was a good choice to warm us up. Sometimes all I think I want to see is a montage of D Hale, M Greene, Schneider, and Prpich hits finalized by a Parise and Bochenski goal.

The intro from the first season at the new REA, with the championship seasons flashing to the musical stylings of Godsmack, is still my favorite.

Haven't seen this years video, but if I were in charge, there would be a montage of Sioux players pummeling the opposition with Saliva's "Click, Click, Boom" as the background music.

The intro from the first season at the new REA, with the championship seasons flashing to the musical stylings of Godsmack, is still my favorite.

Right on... During the Denver game last year, they played it at the end of regulation and everyone went nuts. Definately cool. If its as bad as it sounds, maybe I'll stay in the bathroom Saturday night... :)

Haven't seen this years video, but if I were in charge, there would be a montage of Sioux players pummeling the opposition with Saliva's "Click, Click, Boom" as the background music.

I loved the old one too. It was great. They played it last year during a big game. I wish they would keep playing that one.

Also, is Hennen doing the intros this season. The new guy isn't as good as Scott...

I don't think anyone, not even Hennen, would give up a gig where you get to watch Sioux hockey without paying for admission (and from the press box no less).

Thoughts on this PCM? :D:)

Regarding the player info displays: The observant amongst you would note it is the same format/layout used for football at The Al as well. I expect is is this season's genre for all sports.

I'm hoping he will be back to do the games, but I haven't officially heard anything yet.

I got an e-mail from Scott Hennen this afternoon. He said he plans to do the announcing at all Sioux home games this season.