SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs Gophers

AZSIOUX

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard some of their players are still tired from the World Juniors.

Yes, I heard UM and Coach Lucia Pet will hire a bus to get their players home from the the next WJ. :( Apparently they all had to walk home last time...

So what do we know?

1. Alex Kangas' phone number will be available after the series for any goalie coaches with pointers. He was trying to use the Stau-bar (Rob Staubber invention) but actually put it in backwards and was unable to stop any shots in practice. Adam Hauser was called in for additional help.

2. Tony Lucia? Run, rabbit run...When you are not delivering vicious hits from behind you somehow find a way to do little else...thanks for the opportunity, Dad...

3. Sue Bickel gone...superhack Brian Schack still remains...let the gooning begin...

4. Nick Leddy - some refer to him as an extremely intelligent hockey player...if he's so damn smart, why is he playing for the Rodents? :lol:

5. And finally...John Hill...Lucia-pet apparently needed a Yes man around to support him and Hill is just the guy to do it. After his ridiculous comments in Grand Forks last year, Hill cemented himself as a permanent resident of the Whiner Hall of Fame.

All BS aside, this will be a good skating series that will come down to special teams and goaltending (what a shocker)...Sioux PP needs to be better than average to win...Go Sioux!!

Lastly, I dunno nor do I care but your team still went 1-2-1 against the Sioux. That is 1-4-1 in two season for your squad.

That said, I wouldn't blame all of last year's goals solely on the defense.

All of them? No. Many of them? Yes. The fact is the entire team sleptwalk that series last year and that embarassment should be motivation to at the very least play with some fire in their belly. To what degree that translates on the ice remains to be seen but this is a bigger and more experienced team than the Gophers have had for a long time. I think if one were to evenly critique these teams based upon what they lost/bring back that one should expect a very entertaining and more evenly matched series. Good luck.

I bught my Holy Cross shirt at Scheels yesterday when I was in town. :(

I'm still amazed that people waste their hard earned money on buying attire of a team that beat their rival 6 years ago. You'd think it would be a little smarter to support your own team instead. Then again, I'm not surprised at you being the kind of person that would buy a Holy Cross shirt, you can't even spell.

I'm going to go buy a New Hampshire jersey with .1 as the number, that'd be really cool!! RIGHT???

I'm still amazed that people waste their hard earned money on buying attire of a team that beat their rival 6 years ago. You'd think it would be a little smarter to support your own team instead. Then again, I'm not surprised at you being the kind of person that would buy a Holy Cross shirt, you can't even spell.

I'm going to go buy a New Hampshire jersey with .1 as the number, that'd be really cool!! RIGHT???

the whole holy cross thing is a little old. however it was three years ago not 6 and they are two completely different situations as you guys were the number one overall seed and we were the 8th seed playing in an arena 25 miles from where UNH plays, so it was essentially a road game for us. but if you want to go out and buy a UNH jersey by all means go ahead.

I bought my Holy Cross shirt at Scheels yesterday when I was in town. :(

to each its own and thats fine but ide rather wear sioux gear, jerseys/shirts/hats over HC gear anyday of the week. it was fun when it happened but i would never trade wearing sioux gear over that ugly crap, just my 2 cents though :lol: go sioux

1st off i agree with the holy cross stuff. i think its wierd to wear that over sioux gear. but people can spend their money on what they want and thats their choice. also dont try and comapare UNH to HC, please dont try. we all know what happened at the ralph that night and it was a hell of a night watching that then watching the sioux dismantle michigan again. but..........im with many that wearing HC gear over sioux gear is a shame. wear that sioux gear people!! go sioux

Scheels is in business to make money and wouldn't sell the HC jersey if people didn't buy them and they are obviously still selling. Heck if it pisses off Gopher fans I am tempted to buy one.

:(

I thought the original poster was kidding. They're really selling them?

Scheels is in business to make money and wouldn't sell the HC jersey if people didn't buy them and they are obviously still selling. Heck if it pisses off Gopher fans I am tempted to buy one.

:(

I honestly don't think it pisses off any Gopher fans.

Most people just look and laugh, and make some comment such as "what an idiot"