SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SFA

UND92,96

May as well get this thread started. Not much faith in the Sioux over at anygivensaturday. Before the season it looked like NW St. would be better than SFA, but that's not the way things have played out through the first three weeks of the season. SFA likes to throw. A lot. But can they stop anybody? Will the UND offense get into high gear? This will be a tough one, and the Sioux will need to play better than last night, but I think this is a winnable game with a strong performance.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about SFA except that it was renowned as a party school back in my day. They beat Texas College 92-0, but I've literally never heard of Texas College and I've lived here 50+ years. SMU beat SFA and SMU is not a good team, at least not in terms of Div I competition (sorry, I'm not used to this new FCS/BCS lingo). SMU is more of a socialite, rich-kid school that plays in a stadium smaller than most high schools around here.

This week's game against SFA will be even more tough than last week. Offense HAS to step up and be a little more aggressive this week. I understand easing the offense into things with Jake and the o-line being so young and new. This is week 3 now. Time to open the playbook and be a little more aggressive and diverse with play calling. No doubt, we can win this one, but we will have to play better all-around. Our defense will really be challenged this week with the passing game. The secondary will see plenty of passes.

Looking forward to it again this weekend.

HAhaHA. It'll be interesting to see if "Nacogdoches" decides to try show his face around here and spread some more of that wonderful smack!

That is classic!

THAT WOULD BE THE GREATEST!! Imagine if he shows up trying to act like THAT never happened....btw if you haven't checked it out that thread is reaching EPIC proportions and just might bring us back together because I'm LMAO and it just keeps getting better!!!

Congrats on your first post! Enjoy the game!

I am curious - how did you happen to pick UND?

Thanks!

I was born and raised in GF, graduated in '00 from CHS (Go Knights) and had a semester in at UND after that. I wanted to go back to school, but my job requires me to travel and move around a lot so my option was to do distance ed and UND released their BA/BS psychology program online this semester, so here I am!

I am an alumni from Stephen F. Austin living here in Grand Forks. Nacogdoches is a nice small town like here. Nice campus there also. I enjoy UND athletics and respect the university immensely. If it is any other team they are playing, I would cheer for UND (my wife went to Texas Tech and I was cheering for the Sioux). With that being said, I hope UND takes a lot of band aids because they are going to need them! GO JACKS! Let the smack begin.

Redneck of the North

I am encouraged to hear (by watching the Mussman interview on fightingsioux.com) that the offense is going to open things up some this week. I think the decision was made going into the Texas Tech game to be real conservative so as to stay in the game. Then NSU was so mistake prone offensively that I'm betting the coaches decided a conservative game plan was best because NSU would probably implode and beat themselves.

But SFA is pretty good offensively and Mussman probably knows that UND will have to score some points and keep their offense off the field. UND cannot go on all season winning games with under 300 yards of total offense and the gloves need to come off. Hopefully the guys are up to the task. I think what happens this week with the offense (whether they can be successful or not) will go a long way towards determining how the rest of the season plays out.

Glad to hear Konrath is back and doing well.

I'm not the only fan you guys made in Lubbock (or in Europe). Check out London Raider's weekly report "How Our Opponents Fared". We've got your update, your game review, and check out the comments.

DoubleTNation

Thanks for the link...fun read...however I have never heard the term "Bunnyhug";) Must be a Canuck thing...

How did they ever get the name Lumberjacks? Isn't a tree in Texas called a cactus ;) LOVE your uniforms though....

tron_nerd.jpg

(ps - welcome to the board!)

SiouxMeNow:

Half of Texas is desert, but East Texas is Piney Woods country with a couple of national forests. The name comes from one of the first degrees one could earn back when it was Stephen F. Austin College; being Forestry. Actually the largest forestry program in the US. It is about the same size as UND's campus with attendance being around 13,000 to 15,000. Thanks for the uniform comment also. Speaking of uniforms, the new Sioux hockey uniforms are awesome. Good luck on Saturday!

SFA alumni