SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA banner

stewie

not sure but our first real home game was vs gophers that year

04/05

guess it doesn't really matter as I'll be at them all. I still think it will either be against manitoba or merrimack as you don't want to let this drag on. it could even happen the sat night after the merrimack game kind of like when they were presented the Cup in march after the series was over.

guess it doesn't really matter as I'll be at them all. I still think it will either be against manitoba or merrimack as you don't want to let this drag on. it could even happen the sat night after the merrimack game kind of like when they were presented the Cup in march after the series was over.

i still think it should be vs a WCHA team but thats just me. i do agree with getting it over though on the other hand

The only times over the past couple years the Ralph struggled to fill the building was during holiday weekend games. And even then, there were plenty of people in the house.

and wcha playoff games. 2-3 years ago the attendance at some of those was 8-9000 and none of the games sold out.

and wcha playoff games. 2-3 years ago the attendance at some of those was 8-9000 and none of the games sold out.

besides those and holiday tourneys the place is always packed like no other place in college hockey. friken awesome!! go sioux

for sure? And SERIOUSLY...not a WCHA opponent for a WCHA banner? Why not build the suspense?

I initially thought it would be best against UMN-TC campus. BUT: I would assume the coaches are in on a decision like this...and the potential distraction might be the reason to raise against Merrimack.

I initially thought it would be best against UMN-TC campus. BUT: I would assume the coaches are in on a decision like this...and the potential distraction might be the reason to raise against Merrimack.

yep and the longer they wait the more the distraction. this way just get it over with right away.

No reason to give the Gophers any ammunition. They will already be pissed after last year!

The Gophers should be pissed and embarrassed. A little banner raising shouldn't effect there attitude one way or the other at all. These guys choked away their season last year and should come out flying in GF.

The Gophers should be pissed and embarrassed. A little banner raising shouldn't effect there attitude one way or the other at all. These guys choked away their season last year and should come out flying in GF.

And if they don't, I'm sure John Hill will some have some scathing comments. :lol: "He's nothing but a straight shooter, right Doug?" "Boy, you said it, Frank."

I like the decision to do it against Merrimack.

Raising it against UMN would just give them more incentive to beat us on "banner raising day".

This way the players can just concentrate on the games...

I was at the game at the Kohl Center a couple years ago when we beat the Badgers on their "banner raising night".

Zajac got the GWG. I know what you mean, they got run out of the building last year, and you know dam well that won't happen two years in a row. Let's not give them any motivation.