SiouxSports.com Forum

UND v Texas Tech

SiouxMD

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't mention that most of the offensive line is new too. :D

Yikes. I don't even know the proper expletive for that situation. "Holy crap" doesn't cut it for sure. Man, this is going to be a real baptism by fire for your team. Hopefully, it will make every other game seem easy by comparison.

I can't recall a more inexperienced and unproven offense coming into a season. We're heading into a game with a Big 12 power with:

a starting quarterback with 242 career passing yards;

a starting running back with 120 career rushing yards;

starting receivers with 120 and 0 career receiving yards, respectively;

a starting tight end with 0 career receiving yards;

and four new starters on the offensive line.

:D

I can't recall a more inexperienced and unproven offense coming into a season. We're heading into a game with a Big 12 power with:

"SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE?!" ;)

At least they don't have any film on us. ;) ;)

Go back and look at my other posts about the Texas Tech hockey team and you will see that I am fully aware of the difference between our club team and UND's team. My posts about Tech playing UND were meant to be mildly humerous. I also didn't post the hockey fight between Tech and Texas as our program's strength by accident. Hell, I even stated "[Tech's] place in college football is not equal to [uND's] place in college hockey, ..." So untwist your knickers. Due respect has been given.

I should probably mention that I'm the only native Texan who has maintained a subscription to The Hockey News for 10 straight years. I try to follow the progress of Stars prospects so I have a general understanding of the various junior and college leagues. Also, Texas has more professional hockey teams than any other state or Canadian province. So I think that makes me a hockey expert by default. :D Go Houston Aeros!

Ya know, it's never too late to become a Fighting Sioux hockey fan too. Redemption can be yours ... ;)

FWIW: I know a number of Tech alums, and they take their football very seriously. Thankfully, I haven't been dumb enough to bet on this game, spread or otherwise.

Ya know, it's never too late to become a Fighting Sioux hockey fan too. Redemption can be yours ... :D

FWIW: I know a number of Tech alums, and they take their football very seriously. Thankfully, I haven't been dumb enough to bet on this game, spread or otherwise.

I always root for UND when I manage to catch a game on television. Years ago I researched UND for some reason I cannot remember now. I learned UND was a relatively small school and mistakenly believed ya'll didn't play football, so I was glad to find out that UND was so successful at hockey. I also liked the nickname and logos. So I've been an occasional fan of UND ever since. Put it this way, if UND makes the Frozen Four, that is the team I root for. I don't follow college hockey closely all year though. Partly because coverage is scant in Texas. Also, between Tech football, the Stars, and Cowboys, my "fan plate" is pretty full.

As a rule, betting on Tech games always costs me money so I don't do it.

Hey Geaux Sioux, wish you could be there. I'm making your cousins go to the Sioux pep rally and sit on the Sioux side. They can wear their Texas Tech hats, but they'll all definitely have some Sioux green on. Lubbock is a great town-a lot like Fargo and Grand Forks, but quite a bit bigger. My first reaction when we took our first cousin there over twenty years ago was that it was like the Red River Valley--flat as the eye can see.

Texas Tech isn't a Top 25 team; nor will they be by the end of the year.

and i don't think it would be a bigger upset than App State beating the rule breaking wolverines in THE BIG HOUSE 108,000 people while they were ranked #3 in the country.

i hope UND competes and makes it a game. No one likes to be embarassed...you guys seem so star struck and already saying how you don't care if you go in there and get raped. I guess maybe i don't have that attitude becuz i follow a FBS team. But i would never want to put my players/coaches/fans in a situation where they know they are going to get killed. I hope Coach Mussman isn't giving that impression to the Sioux

SI has TT at #23

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...gs-3/index.html

Hey Geaux Sioux, wish you could be there. I'm making your cousins go to the Sioux pep rally and sit on the Sioux side. They can wear their Texas Tech hats, but they'll all definitely have some Sioux green on. Lubbock is a great town-a lot like Fargo and Grand Forks, but quite a bit bigger. My first reaction when we took our first cousin there over twenty years ago was that it was like the Red River Valley--flat as the eye can see.

Have a great time and cheer loud. Your youngest, being a big hockey fan, should naturally be cheering for the Sioux anyway. :D