SiouxSports.com Forum

Crime running rampant in Fargo

jloos

Record burglaries, vandalism and now this:

FORE

A 57-year-old man was arrested Sunday afternoon after reportedly striking another golfer in the head with a sand wedge following an argument in the Rose Creek Golf Course parking lot.

We are not even safe at the golf course.

This is the mental picture I see when reading this story:

judge-smails.jpg

Piker. Everyone knows the proper club for an angry assault in the parking lot is a 4 Iron. Wedges are the best choice for arguments in the locker room. :):lol:

I love this part ...

The victim, a 55-year-old Mapleton, N.D., man, was loaded into an ambulance, but Sgt. Ross Renner said he was unsure whether he was taken to a hospital.

Cop 1: Uh, Bob where's the victim?

Cop 2: Don't tell me we lost another one!?!

Dude was at 93 heading into the 18th hole, which is a par 5. All he needs is a bogey to break 100. 3rd shot goes into the trap...4 shots to get out of the trap with the SW, 3 putts for a 103. Who wouldn't go postal over that! :) Total D-bag!

Piker. Everyone knows the proper club for an angry assault in the parking lot is a 4 Iron. Wedges are the best choice for arguments in the locker room. :):lol:

I love this part ...

Cop 1: Uh, Bob where's the victim?

Cop 2: Don't tell me we lost another one!?!

I wonder if there is some law saying that if you are taken in an ambulance they must deliver you to a hospital?

Dude was at 93 heading into the 18th hole, which is a par 5. All he needs is a bogey to break 100. 3rd shot goes into the trap...4 shots to get out of the trap with the SW, 3 putts for a 103. Who wouldn't go postal over that! :) Total D-bag!

4 shots to get out of a sand trap, that isn't very good. :lol:

Being an avid golfer I've heard all sorts of stories. Never heard one like this, but before I make any judgments, I'd like to know in what manner did the one guy strike the other guy. I'm not saying that there's a RIGHT way or an ok way to hit a guy with a club, but it could be like one of those deals where you barely even tap a car in front of you while driving (so soft it doesn't even leave a mark) yet the driver of the other car is in a neck brace for 6 months just to get a multi-million dollar lawsuit out of ya.

Being an avid golfer I've heard all sorts of stories. Never heard one like this, but before I make any judgments, I'd like to know in what manner did the one guy strike the other guy. I'm not saying that there's a RIGHT way or an ok way to hit a guy with a club, but it could be like one of those deals where you barely even tap a car in front of you while driving (so soft it doesn't even leave a mark) yet the driver of the other car is in a neck brace for 6 months just to get a multi-million dollar lawsuit out of ya.

I am not that good of a golfer, but if I recall, the proper way to hit a guy with a sand wedge is to avoid grounding the club, cut down just a bit on your back swing, aim just behind the guys head then make sure you follow through.

I golfed in the Siouxper swing with a guy who used a mulligan to through his club twice on the same bad shot. First throw was his two hand over the head tomahawk throw that only went about 15 yards. I reminded him he still had a mulligan so he fired a 5 wood about 26 yds.

I golfed in the Siouxper swing with a guy who used a mulligan to through his club twice on the same bad shot. First throw was his two hand over the head tomahawk throw that only went about 15 yards. I reminded him he still had a mulligan so he fired a 5 wood about 26 yds.

The guy sounds like he isn't very a very good golf club thrower.

The guy actually told police that he was trying to hit the man in the shoulder, but hit the head instead. He had cut down the swing, as he stated that he was holding the club between the handle and the head, so obviously accuracy isn't his forte. This was not a little bump or push incident. The victim required stitches.

I am not that good of a golfer, but if I recall, the proper way to hit a guy with a sand wedge is to avoid grounding the club, cut down just a bit on your back swing, aim just behind the guys head then make sure you follow through.

Please tell me it went past the women's tee. :)