SiouxSports.com Forum

Chay says he's staying

choyt3

I was wondering why he hasn't played more forward as offensively dynamic as he is.

because you dont switch position in hockey as you know unless needed like brad miller :lol: and he has been a d man for the sioux except for a few instances his first couple seasons because it was needed

chay could be a dynamic forward as well but his skating ability is really magnified as he gets to bring the puck coast to coast as a d man

im very happy chay stayed, i cant wait to see this incoming class. hell i would skip may-october every year if i could to have hockey start again :)

I was wondering why he hasn't played more forward as offensively dynamic as he is.

With our huge need for defensemen he's been needed back there. I don't know why he doesn't try Davidson back there. A defenseman with forward skills who is more apt to stay at home and play defense is what we need.

With our huge need for defensemen he's been needed back there. I don't know why he doesn't try Davidson back there. A defenseman with forward skills who is more apt to stay at home and play defense is what we need.

i hear what you are saying but we have to have chay back there as he is the only guy we have who can rush that puck, well marto can but not like that. every team has 1 or 2 offensive d man and we will have the best one in the nation next season when it comes to that. i am very excited to see blood, fienhage and macwilliam lay some bows out there and i look for blood to be on that 2nd pp unit as well with lapoint with marto and genoway on that first unit.

i hear what you are saying but we have to have chay back there as he is the only guy we have who can rush that puck, well marto can but not like that. every team has 1 or 2 offensive d man and we will have the best one in the nation next season when it comes to that. i am very excited to see blood, fienhage and macwilliam lay some bows out there and i look for blood to be on that 2nd pp unit as well with lapoint with marto and genoway on that first unit.

If anyone noticed, the more aggressive Chay got this season, the worse our team played. When he starts trying to do too much, it hinders us. We have five players on the ice and with good passing and using our forwards we can get the puck into the opposing zone just fine. It's not like we couldn't score unless Chay was out there thinking he's the second coming of Wayne Gretzky or something.

Imagine if Chay was a forward. He could have the puck passed to him (a nice concept) and then he can carry it into the zone. Then, when he turns it over, we still have two defensemen in position to cover his mistakes unlike the last two seasons when we only had Joe back there.

CHAY FOR HOBEY....AS A FORWARD!

he was a forward up until his midget days, and was a good player, not a game changer according to his coaches who talked him into trying the switch. he is now one of the most dynamic offensive dmen in college hockey. im not going to get into a what he brings vs. what he lacks argument, but he wasn't the wcha dman of the year for nothing... great to have him back for his last season as a sioux!!

If anyone noticed, the more aggressive Chay got this season, the worse our team played. When he starts trying to do too much, it hinders us. We have five players on the ice and with good passing and using our forwards we can get the puck into the opposing zone just fine. It's not like we couldn't score unless Chay was out there thinking he's the second coming of Wayne Gretzky or something.

Imagine if Chay was a forward. He could have the puck passed to him (a nice concept) and then he can carry it into the zone. Then, when he turns it over, we still have two defensemen in position to cover his mistakes unlike the last two seasons when we only had Joe back there.

i didn't notice that, but i wasn't watching for one players contributions or downfalls i guess and their effects on the teams success. he turned the puck over, as did all of our dmen this year. the difference with chay, is only he and marto have the wheels and instinct to take it upon themself to get the puck out whenever we need it. and don't underestimate how good he is at the outlet pass. he may go end to end once in a while, but he is our best puck moving dman, which is an invaluble part of a hockey team.

Remember everyone - he was recruited as a F/D and played his first 13 games for the Sioux as a F.

He gets it done as a D (conf D of the year) but he doesn't have the D instincts a player like Taylor Chorney had/has.

It will be good to have him back - he will need a D partner that will back him up when he goes on offense.

Uhmm ...

... let me think about that ...

... uhmm ...

... NO!

Stop and think for just a minute ... which opposing defensemen give their opponents the biggest fits?

Even though they have (had) defensive liabilities, that list is of College Hockey's best offensive defensemen. For example:

Matt Carle.

Chay Genoway.

Jamie McBain.

Patrick Wiercioch.

Jack Johnson.

Those kinds of players can beat you from defense. If they were forwards, they would actually be less dangerous. Players that can play defense and still have the skill set and vision to take over a game, offensively, are rare and extremely valuable. You don't move them up front.

this crap again? chay was und's best player on the ice numerous times this season. he is not the reason why our season ended on saturday. the 09-10 team will be a better team with him on it. our problems this year on the defensive end were players(both d and f) who couldn't get the puck out of our own zone and this was magnified when lapoint went down. I am hoping that with the crop of d players coming in this issue can be resolved.

We get it. You want Chay as a forward. Not gonna happen. :lol: